New York. New Rules. Scream VI Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
So you have no opinion on SS pushing you for being, by his perception, more careful and reserved with your posts?
If I did I’d just have “OMGUS” fired straight back at me. His opinion is completely wrong, but at least he was able to provide some reasoning which is more than you and OMB did.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Why should I stay and play at 2am in the morning when I’m being sussed because of my posting style and nothing I’ve actually said or done? If you can’t see how I’d think that’s absolutely bullshit - especially after what happened in the previous game - I don’t know what to tell you.

And you’re saying you’d rather I just stayed away, like I’m not allowed to change my mind and give it another go? What would you have had me do? It’s also got nothing to do with the pressure being off of me because it absolutely still is as I’m tied for the most votes with someone who I think a town argument can be made for along with myself.

A mafia argument can be made for OMB too, but honestly thinking over it more as I did in the above post, I think a better one can be made for you.
Tbf I forgot you're not on the American continent, so your first two are a bit moot. I also don't remember what happened much in the previous game, nor do I care.

I probably wouldn't have reacted the way you did, since it's just a game but I do get shit can get heated and sometimes it'll feel like drawing blood from a stone.

I'm mostly making note of it for the future. I personally don't necessarily think scum you does a big blow up post and then comes back aggressive, if only because that's pretty obvious and I think I know you enough to know that isn't your style.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Town:
Sully
Tommy
Blaine

Mafia:
Grim
OMB

Everyone else is either neutral or null, and Juice falls into that category. The Wang stuff was weird.
Throw Gipper in mafia as well. My previous comments about him being here but not actually doing anything still stand.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
If I did I’d just have “OMGUS” fired straight back at me. His opinion is completely wrong, but at least he was able to provide some reasoning which is more than you and OMB did.
Could you explain why me inexplicably keeping my vote on you all day would be inherently scummy tho? I told you explicitly that I did it to scope things out and I ultimately got decent information out of day through doing it. :draper2

I can parse some good info from Juice, OMB, Tommy, potentially SS, etc. Based on them voting for you while my vote was on you. You could probably argue I didn't do much to convince them to vote for you but I find that rather irrelevant.

You and OMB are my top 2 votes for today, but OMB is a more pressing matter imo.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
And for clarification, I'm not saying I'm either discounting you being scum or not, more just pointing out if push comes to shove, I'll vote for either of you, depending on who others in town vote for. I always believe that a lynch is better than nothing, since we can still get info and leads from it.

Barry brain also go brrrr cuz its 2:30 AM.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I should probably get some sleep.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Could you explain why me inexplicably keeping my vote on you all day would be inherently scummy tho? I told you explicitly that I did it to scope things out and I ultimately got decent information out of day through doing it. :draper2

I can parse some good info from Juice, OMB, Tommy, potentially SS, etc. Based on them voting for you while my vote was on you. You could probably argue I didn't do much to convince them to vote for you but I find that rather irrelevant.

You and OMB are my top 2 votes for today, but OMB is a more pressing matter imo.
My stance is that you provided the foundation for people to build on for a mislynch. They might not necessarily care why you did it or believe that’s why you actually did it. The fact is, you did it, and it could have been a reason for a mislynch to happen.

For you to have it there for scoping reasons and then be like “actually, I think Man might be the way to go” and keep it there until OMB emerges as another option, seems very convenient. You didn’t necessarily convince anyone to vote for me, but at the same time you seemed very content for a frankly baseless lynch to go through and actively contribute to it.

So my idea that you’re sitting back with your feet up watching everyone decide between two townies in me and OMB seems a lot more plausible because of that and also aligns with what you’ve said in your second post there.

But I’ll ask as you’ve said it - what information have you got from it? You asked me about SS - what do you think about him? What about the others you mentioned?

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Because let me be clear - by sussing OMB, you shouldn’t have any on me at all. The main basis for him being put forward is his failure to provide actual evidence or decent reasoning for what he said about me.

If you think he’s full of shit because of it then surely you think that I’m town because you can’t see any real reasoning for me being mafia?

If you DO think I am mafia and there are reasons there, why are you voting for OMB instead of me as you would surely believe him to be right?

Having sus on both of us doesn’t actually make much sense, because if I’m sus then he’s right. That’s why I think you specifically saying you’re happy for either of us doesn’t make you look good, and your vote switch really doesn’t help matters either.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
@Sully if you wanted more reasoning for why Grim over OMB, there it is. Actually makes more sense to myself now I’ve had a chance to lay it out and elaborate on my initial post.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I am approaching this from a position that I know I’m town, so I know for sure that OMB is talking out of his arse and he’s got nothing to back up what he’s saying. No one else is though.

I can see this being a bad play by mafia OMB and his team hanging him out to dry because his position isn’t very defensible, but at the same time, I can see OMB being town and just shutting the bed.

Personally, it’s too late for him to say “okay this is the post I was talking about” regardless of his alignment because everyone will rightly say he’s just gone back and looked for something that maybe fits and question why he didn’t provide that in the first place.

I’m not discounting the possibility that it’s just a poor mafia play that’s blown up in OMB’s face, but regardless of OMB’s alignment, Grim fits in one of the mafia slots, whether he’s currently bussing OMB to get town points or not.

Sully

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
I’ve literally explained it in the post you’re quoting mate.
Yeah but that's the logic that doesn't sit with me. It's the "OMB is just OMB" mentality.

If you're scummy, you get lynched. It's a simple as that.

Let me ask this, if it was anyone else playing like that, would you think they're mafia?

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah but that's the logic that doesn't sit with me. It's the "OMB is just OMB" mentality.

If you're scummy, you get lynched. It's a simple as that.

Let me ask this, if it was anyone else playing like that, would you think they're mafia?
It’s possible for anyone to get something wrong. SS has been on a similar tack to OMB but just not as egregiously. I’m not sitting here saying SS is mafia.

I can absolutely see OMB being mafia here, but what’s making me pause is Grim’s play as well as what I’ve said about the rest of the mafia team. What the fuck are they doing if OMB is mafia, letting him dig this hole deeper and deeper for himself? They haven’t helped him try and rationalise what he’s said but I think the main reason is that they can’t because the evidence just doesn’t exist. As that’s the case, why am I even being considered in the first place?

The question I have to ask myself is whether I think Grim and OMB are teammates and Grim is cutting OMB loose. I can make town and mafia arguments for OMB. For example, his thing where he tried to say I sussed him for a post I made at the exact same time as him like that was actually possible. He could just be super tunnelling, though, which is a facet of his game I’ve seen in the past.

Where do you stand on Grim?

Sully

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
It’s possible for anyone to get something wrong. SS has been on a similar tack to OMB but just not as egregiously. I’m not sitting here saying SS is mafia.

I can absolutely see OMB being mafia here, but what’s making me pause is Grim’s play as well as what I’ve said about the rest of the mafia team. What the fuck are they doing if OMB is mafia, letting him dig this hole deeper and deeper for himself? They haven’t helped him try and rationalise what he’s said but I think the main reason is that they can’t because the evidence just doesn’t exist. As that’s the case, why am I even being considered in the first place?

The question I have to ask myself is whether I think Grim and OMB are teammates and Grim is cutting OMB loose. I can make town and mafia arguments for OMB. For example, his thing where he tried to say I sussed him for a post I made at the exact same time as him like that was actually possible. He could just be super tunnelling, though, which is a facet of his game I’ve seen in the past.

Where do you stand on Grim?
Who's his vote on at the moment? If he's already voted OMB, I don't think they're teammates. If he hasn't yet then yes I can see your theory. He's done enough to float the idea that he suspects OMB but doesn't vote for him until it's too late?

At this point though, I don't think teammates would sell OMB down the river THIS early. I wouldn't. But of course I have a different play style as mafia that people don't agree with (I'd be against distancing, and for keeping numbers in tact). The easiest way to win is to sweep. As soon as you lose your first number the game becomes a lot harder. And day one lynches are so hard to meet, if I'm mafia I am not helping or speeding up the lynch of even the worst teammate until it's absolutely clear it's going no other way.

I don't think Grim would either.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Who's his vote on at the moment? If he's already voted OMB, I don't think they're teammates. If he hasn't yet then yes I can see your theory. He's done enough to float the idea that he suspects OMB but doesn't vote for him until it's too late?

At this point though, I don't think teammates would sell OMB down the river THIS early. I wouldn't. But of course I have a different play style as mafia that people don't agree with (I'd be against distancing, and for keeping numbers in tact). The easiest way to win is to sweep. As soon as you lose your first number the game becomes a lot harder. And day one lynches are so hard to meet, if I'm mafia I am not helping or speeding up the lynch of even the worst teammate until it's absolutely clear it's going no other way.

I don't think Grim would either.
He switched from me to OMB. So I think my point where I said I can see OMB also being town like me as a possibility and Grim is happy for either of us to go, hence his switch when you started pushing OMB more.

But what’s in the back of my mind is that if OMB is mafia he’s put himself in a completely unsalvageable position almost and he’d leave his team no choice but to boot him, especially if the alternative is me flipping town and them all looking like shit when it happens. It’s why I said above that I don’t see how anyone can think that me and OMB are s/s because by subscribing to one set of logic to vote for one of us you have to say that the other is wrong. Either you OMB is right and I’m mafia and you’re just taking his word for it, or OMB is wrong and he’s either town and fucked up or he’s mafia and fucked up, and therefore you think I’m fine. I can’t see how the two beliefs can go hand in hand.

This is where our play styles as mafia differ, as if I’m caught I’m telling teammates to bus me to make myself look better and I wouldn’t stick my own neck out to try and save a teammate that had shot themselves in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.