New York. New Rules. Scream VI Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I think there's a difference between using past game experiences and connecting them to posts/behavior in new games, and using past games to basically just say "these players all are untrustworthy and therefore they're mafia" without actually making any connection to the game itself.

Am I twisting a narrative? Join Sky then because she also seems to think pointing out weird behavior in posts is scummy.

But I mean, at least I AM actually pointing out specific things in the game, and giving actual reasoning to why I think they're weird.

You can't just go "Yeah I think these guys are mafia" and then give NO reasons. Nobody trusts your gut.
Sully probably my main town read.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Not sold on the OMB direction, the central conceit of reading him scum in the first place is the idea that his suspicions are usually based on sound evidence, which in my experience is not true
Well what do you think about him having suspicious based on absolutely nothing?

He’s said he has suspicions but has been completely unable to actually say why.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
1. I got nothing more than that and what I do is based off man flip.

2. I already said out the four I felt SS was least likely to be scum (I always do have him on radar until I know he's legit.)

3. You can go and see past few pages feel like I'm rehashing stuff by now and stuff.

I just think at least in my defense if we are to lynch man. That his flip gives us more to go off of than my flip.

I think man flip goes a long way on
Sully, Tommy, Blaine, Myself and honestly you.

Because man had mentioned you few times not exactly trying to push you but putting your name out there.
You’re not rehashing anything because you’re not saying anything. Still, after several hours, have not been able to say what post of mine pinged you despite being asked more than once by multiple people.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
My voted firmly on the OMB camp though fwiw Man, so I wouldn't worry too much about me swapping my vote rn.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
@Mandalorian if I could bother you for a second, outside of Sully being town, what are your other reads? Thoughts on SS? Possibly Lethal?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Probably more importantly, how are you leaning on Juice/Jango?

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Because I'm voting either you or OMB and you're both more pressing? :reigns3
Fair.

Although how sold are you on one of me or OMB being mafia, and how does that rank against your view on John?

You placed a vote on me arbitrarily at the beginning of the game and left it there for almost two actual days and then worked backwards into coming up with the reasoning. Then you decided to switch onto OMB.

OMB going and flipping town would make you my top scum lean. In fact, if I go then you need to be considered as well by everyone that’s left, but they’d probably want to try OMB first. There’s a possibility that you and OMB are s/s, but you being mafia and OMB being town is something I can see being more likely and from your position, it makes sense you’d want to make it so it’s one or the other.

What I’m getting at is that I think with that McHenry comment you’re trying to steer the conversation away from yourself tomorrow because you know you’re going to be considered regardless of how me or OMB flip because of your flip flopping.

I have seen OMB as town just get things completely wrong as he has here - OMB being OMB - and I can absolutely see mafia jumping on his misinformed logic to try and force a lynch, made easier by the random vote you placed on me at the start.

Vote: Grim

Sully

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Fair.

Although how sold are you on one of me or OMB being mafia, and how does that rank against your view on John?

You placed a vote on me arbitrarily at the beginning of the game and left it there for almost two actual days and then worked backwards into coming up with the reasoning. Then you decided to switch onto OMB.

OMB going and flipping town would make you my top scum lean. In fact, if I go then you need to be considered as well by everyone that’s left, but they’d probably want to try OMB first. There’s a possibility that you and OMB are s/s, but you being mafia and OMB being town is something I can see being more likely and from your position, it makes sense you’d want to make it so it’s one or the other.

What I’m getting at is that I think with that McHenry comment you’re trying to steer the conversation away from yourself tomorrow because you know you’re going to be considered regardless of how me or OMB flip because of your flip flopping.

I have seen OMB as town just get things completely wrong as he has here - OMB being OMB - and I can absolutely see mafia jumping on his misinformed logic to try and force a lynch, made easier by the random vote you placed on me at the start.

Why Grim at this point over OMB?

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
@Mandalorian if I could bother you for a second, outside of Sully being town, what are your other reads? Thoughts on SS? Possibly Lethal?
Town:
Sully
Tommy
Blaine

Mafia:
Grim
OMB

Everyone else is either neutral or null, and Juice falls into that category. The Wang stuff was weird.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I could go with an OMB lynch, sure, but I think there’s more possibilities where Grim is mafia than OMB is.

What is more likely to you? OMB just getting it completely wrong and others latching on, or OMB being right but unable to actually prove it?

I’m more inclined to think that he’s town with an awful read he can’t prove than mafia because he’d have a team helping him come up with some retrospective reasoning, wouldn’t he? Obviously they might not be helping him, but it’s strange they’d let him flounder like this and not help him come up with something to answer these questions with, isn’t it?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Fair.

John's in third place for my vote right now lol. I don't see how that's difficult to parse.

As for keeping my vote on you, your defeatist blow up post didn't really help and it should be noted you came back and are now getting knuckles deep as soon as the pressure is off you momentarily.

Am I not supposed to make note of that?

OMB hasn't been playing well nor has he actually quantified his pushes with any degree of reason. Sully, Wang, and others have helped me be more certain of my gut feeling that OMB is likelier to be mafia than you right now.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So you have no opinion on SS pushing you for being, by his perception, more careful and reserved with your posts?

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
John's in third place for my vote right now lol. I don't see how that's difficult to parse.

As for keeping my vote on you, your defeatist blow up post didn't really help and it should be noted you came back and are now getting knuckles deep as soon as the pressure is off you momentarily.

Am I not supposed to make note of that?

OMB hasn't been playing well nor has he actually quantified his pushes with any degree of reason. Sully, Wang, and others have helped me be more certain of my gut feeling that OMB is likelier to be mafia than you right now.
Why should I stay and play at 2am in the morning when I’m being sussed because of my posting style and nothing I’ve actually said or done? If you can’t see how I’d think that’s absolutely bullshit - especially after what happened in the previous game - I don’t know what to tell you.

And you’re saying you’d rather I just stayed away, like I’m not allowed to change my mind and give it another go? What would you have had me do? It’s also got nothing to do with the pressure being off of me because it absolutely still is as I’m tied for the most votes with someone who I think a town argument can be made for along with myself.

A mafia argument can be made for OMB too, but honestly thinking over it more as I did in the above post, I think a better one can be made for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.