New-Kofi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Sorry but MVP as a face is the ultimate fail.

I always thought that he had a decent face build when he was playing the loser needing a win but felt that he should've stayed heel by just re-becoming a cocky asshole. Would've increased his heel heat and made a later face turn all that more important.

noumenon

Yup, maybe pick up a few wins with no actual effort put forth by him..IE run in or some shit...and take all the credit for himself.

Airfixx

Sorry but MVP as a face is the ultimate fail.

Bit harsh to judge the guy's ability to be a face, just cos the writers haven't given us a single reason to get behind him.

One word that is apparently missing from the latest update to WWEs dictionary is 'Consolidate'...

Face turns aren't consolidated: See MVP, Henry & Shelton.
Push momentum isn't consolidated: See JoMo & Punk.

...But what sucks is that Batista and Rey are no doubt gonna get a sweet amount of TV/PPV time for them to consolidate Batista's heel turn and when the time comes, assuming HHH can turn heel, he'll be afforded the same.

Same old grumble, innit...? :sigh:

noumenon

Bit harsh to judge the guy's ability to be a face, just cos the writers haven't given us a single reason to get behind him.

Regarless of what the reason is it has still been a failure. I never said he's a failure, simply that his face run has been.

xtremebadass

I think MVP has flopped as a face, he was given a decent amount of time to show WWE what he had to offer as a face, but WWE clearly does not want him to succeed, as a face anyways. He is in an awkward position right now, Henry didn't help the situation at all.

I got to go with it...

Kofi Johnson > MVP (heel) > Kofi Kingston > Mark Henry (just for the hell of it)

Beer Money Army

MVP hasn't been that great since his feud with Chris Benoit

Dynamo

Reaction score
@ Wrestlins station.

MVP flopped as a face, or MVP was given fuck all and so could do nothing about it?

Whippy10154

Reaction score
I'm likin the new Kofi =)

but idk..
IMO i have never really been a fan of MVP.. i don't think he's ever really been the "Best thing on SD" in any previous year nor do i think he ever will be.. once again.. IMO.

MizMasta3000

MVP grew on me. Im not ready to say to say that he should be champ but i do think he deserves a chance. Kofi can go either way i have to wait and see.

straight_edge76

The New Kofi is refreshing. Nothing more nothing less, yes its good to see RKO involved in a feud with somebody new and Kofi's fake ass accent annoyed the hell out of me but I am not going to automatically assume the WWE wants to push Kofi into the main event after one fucking promo like I have with guys like MVP. I for one have never been a huge Kofi fan and I still do not see myself being one, his new character though could be good for his carrer I do not see this feud going much longer and after a slight push he will be pushed back to Mid-Card obscurity which isn't necessarily a bad thing I do not think that he has what it takes to Main Event on Raw to be honest.

The Rated R CMStar

I do think Kofi can be pushed. I mean, he doesn't need to face Randy one on one at Survivor Series. I truly think they'll battle in opposite teams at this PPV, then he can face Randy one on one at TLC, be pushed as a longshot winner for the Royal Rumble match, be in Raw's Elimination Chamber and by then you would have had him on top of the card for a good 4 months.

straight_edge76

I do think that he could be pushed, hell Carlito was pushed for a while back in 2006. I do not know if he could be a legit world champ though like some people i am sure are already thinking. And someone new in the upper card of raw is great, as much as I love RKO he was getting stale as hell the last few months imo.