New-Kofi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I dont know.

I'd say MVP > Koffi Kingston

Not sure why his push is off, and Koffi's is on. It was a good promo, but overall I see more potential in MVP.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Love the new Kofi he rocked. Better on the mic by a mile. I hope the program with Orton is gonna go on for a awhile looks like a big push is on the cards for young Kofi ;)

The Rated R CMStar

Kofi gets far bigger reactions than MVP, maybe that's why.

xtremebadass

I dont know.

Not sure why his push is off, and Koffi's is on. It was a good promo, but overall I see more potential in MVP.

I have gone sour on MVP. Once he dropped the US title to Kofi I said to myself he's done. Then his teaming with Mark Henry and he ripping his sleeves off sealed the deal. If MVP hasn't done anything by now I wouldn't get my hopes up, which I am not lol.

Great One

I dont know.

Seriously.. I don't understand why Kofi is getting his push before MVP, zzz. And no, he hardly gets a bigger reaction.. MVP got MVP chants in every single match he was in (Kofi never does, maybe one time with VERY faint chants). His debut on Raw, when he cut the promo on Legacy, he got like the biggest reaction on Raw that night.

Beer Money Army

i'll wait to see how he goes in the next 6 months, until i jump onto the Kofi kingston is a main event bandwagon.

because atm Jack Swagger, John Morrison are the closest to be seen as future main eventer in my mind.

Kofi/Orton feud to me atm could be either a Orton/Carlito feud from Unforgiven 2006 or a star making rival, it is still remain to be seen.

newmie

Reaction score
I love new Kofi. It's amazing how one little thing like him not talking with a terrible jamiacan accent can change his character. I was always hoping he would take the The Rock turn. Rocky started as a goody goody always smiling guy, and i hated him then, and it was the same with Kofi, then Rock turned badass, now Kofi has turned badass, granted he didn't turn heel, but there is no need for him too. He is a badass motha now, its good.

I'm hoping this Orton fued doesn't go too long, just for the fact I don't think he is ready, but I like the idea of pitting him up against him a few times. Just signals they are willing to push younger guys against the top stars, I doubt he'll come out on top, but he doesn;t have to, he just can't be buried and it will help his career. I think at SS this little fued will turn into a 5 on 5 traditional SS match.

Legacy (Orton, DiBiase and Rhodes) with two other guys, maybe Swagger and Miz or something... up against Kofi, MVP, Henry and two other guys, maybe Bourne and someone.

Qwake

Kofi gets far bigger reactions than MVP, maybe that's why.

When MVP was being used well and regularly he was getting way bigger reactions then Kofi, maybe if the writers gave MVP something to do the reactions would come back but right now Kofi is being used ahead of him and he is getting the bigger reactions. I bet if they put MVP in a good feud or something he would own Kofi.

Airfixx

^^^Indeed. I think he would.... He is a natural on the mic and his in-ring style is a lot more typical of the ME than Kofi's (and before anyone offers Morrison as a counter point, Morrison's is way more versatile than Kofi's)...

...signals they are willing to push younger guys against the top stars,

E-X-C-E-P-T every such signal over the course of this year has resulted in the same guy almost immediately trickling back down to relative mid-card obscurity.

I just cannot set myself up for the proverbial fall YET AGAIN by getting excited about this....

Wrestling Station

Why didnt they continue the MVP segment with Orton that he is better than Orton and he is the US Champ. I think him teaming with Henry was just to let them win the tag titles and let Jericho feud with Taker for the WHC title after that.

What I see it is... Jerishow vs Henry/MVP vs Legacy for the Unified tag championships within couple of months. With Jericho screwing Show and takes his place in the WHC picture instead.

Airfixx

Why didnt they continue the MVP segment with Orton that he is better than Orton and he is the US Champ. I think him teaming with Henry was just to let them win the tag titles and let Jericho feud with Taker for the WHC title after that.

LOL... M'thinks they'd be wearing them by NOW, don't you?

I'm fucking shocked that DX didn't even get a sniff at those belts, tbh.

What I see it is... Jerishow vs Henry/MVP vs Legacy for the Unified tag championships within couple of months. With Jericho screwing Show and takes his place in the WHC picture instead.

Why would you NOT put the belts on Legacy?

At this rate, within a couple of more months with the current booking, MVP/Henry won't even be worth a shit as a tag team.

Wrestling Station

LOL... M'thinks they'd be wearing them by NOW, don't you?

I'm fucking shocked that DX didn't even get a sniff at those belts, tbh.

Why would you NOT put the belts on Legacy?

At this rate, within a couple of more months with the current booking, MVP/Henry won't even be worth a shit as a tag team.
as they already won tag team belts before and thus it wont help their push atm.

As for the first point, I think they are just waiting for the right time for Jericho/Taker to take place. (had to posponed everything due to Taker's injury)

Rated RJC

Reaction score
To get back on topic...

I'm loving the new Kofi, for a while now, mostly since his US Title reign I've not been feeling him as the 'future' A little tweak in his character is all it took. I like that he's getting a real chance to shine. I do see him and Orton captaining teams at Survivor Series, not yet having a one on one match. It's great that Kofi can now cut promos and he's not bad at being the type of face he's transitioning in this feud.

MizMasta3000

I dont know.

Because MVP carrying Mark Henry's fat ass around