New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
strong67.jpeg

NJPW Strong Road to Ignition line-up this week:
  • Fred Yehi & Wheeler Yuta vs. Misterioso & Jordan Clearwater
  • Rocky Romero & Lio Rush vs. Clark Connors & The DKC
  • Alex Coughlin vs. Hikuleo

Reactions: Necro

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Romero rush sounds like a fun ass team

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Big Main Events Set for Ignition on STRONG 【NJoA】
Kojima vs Kratos, Fredericks vs Lawlor set for next two weeks on STRONG

Big time matches continue to come to Friday nights on STRONG, as main events have been confirmed for the next two weeks on the Ignition series.

Already confirmed for this week’s June 11 episode, Fred Yehi debuts alongside Wheeler Yuta to face Jordan Clearwater and Misterioso, Lio Rush and Rocky Romero will face Clark Connors and the DKC, and Alex Coughlin will meet Hikuleo.

The following matches make a stacked remainder of June on Fridays!

Watch NJPW STRONG Fridays at 10/9c on NJPW World!

June 18: Kratos vs Kojima!

When Satoshi Kojima made his STRONG debut last week, he did so alongside Karl Fredericks against team Filthy’s JR Kratos and Danny Limelight. Hard hitting super heavyweight Kratos instantly had his ire drawn by Kojima, and refused to yield an inch to the living legend. That led to some violent in-ring collisions during the match, and an intense pull apart brawl after it. Now Kojima and Kratos meet one on one in a match that will be crucial to Kratos’ claim of being the Most Feared, and toughest big man on Friday nights.

June 25: Fredericks vs Lawlor!

EPISODE-46-03.jpg
[/url]

June 25 will see STRONG Openweight Champion Tom Lawlor put his title on the line for the second time against number one contender Karl Fredericks. Fredericks and Lawlor’s paths crossed during the Collision series, when an elimination main event saw Fredericks put Lawlor over the top rope to the floor, much to the consternation of the Team Filthy leader. When Lawlor defeated Chris Dickinson to make his first defence of the title two weeks later, Fredericks was quick to ‘congratulate’ the champion backstage, but made it clear that he would be next in line.

With a pair of wins over Lawlor’s teammates JR Kratos and Danny Limelight solidifying his case, Fredericks’ championship challenge has now been made official. It’s been almost exactly a year since Fredericks officially graduated from the LA Dojo and started making a name for himself as the Alpha Wolf. Can he celerate that anniversary as a champion, or is the Filthy Era set to continue?

For some reason the two images keep resizing to thumbnails. Not sure what's going on with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Okay I fixed it, uploaded on another site.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lawlor/Fredericks is gonna rule, clearly a retention by filthy tom tho lol

Reactions: Necro

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
You going to make a Kizuna Road thread for everything? Or should we just post in here?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You going to make a Kizuna Road thread for everything? Or should we just post in here?

I think I already did lol

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Damn, did I enjoy Dominion.

I was watching the G1 2019 with a casual buddy and I always said man, Shingo's the shit, but I totally get what they're doing. As great as he is there's just so much talent, they're buidling up Naito for the double title, building up Jay White and Moxley's debuted and Goto's having a resurgence and Taichi's improved and... Shingo was killing it but still felt lost in the shuffle as the junior who just lost his unbeaten streak to Ospreay...

Speaking of, it's going to be really interesting going forward. As a Ravens' fan, I get it before this year, no matter who we beat. the Titans' had our number. They'd always make one more play to the point where they were in our heads, so when we knocked them out of the playoffs last year it was SUCH a cathartic moment. Same with Shingo, who's hardly a bum for not beating Ospreay, but moreso makes one false move and makes one hard hit less than the Ospreay and gets caught. He cost him his unbeaten streak, beat him in his first World Title match... now here's the GOAT looking up on the lights and he's still got that specter over his head. But first, Ibushi absolutely destroys Vegeta/Jeff Cobb and Shingo wants a piece of THAT.

I've gotta throw a shoutout to Roppongi 3K and the booking of them, this was classic New Japan. In the opening match there's a ton of chaos and when everyone's out of the way, it's down to SHO and Ishimori, and SHO may get a hope spot or two but Ishimori mostly mops the floor with the dude and pins him for the W. Now SHO and YOH are like the Young Bucks in a way, where in kayfabe one's not really better than the other, just a well oiled machine together. When YOH faces Despy later on in the night, Despy's practically having to break his leg, and Yoh's out here struggling his way through landing off a thing because of the damage Despy's done, and still fighting uphill and gave Despy all he could handle. In the end, when Despy talked up how YOH was way more than he expected, Ishimori just comes out and laughs because he just murdered the shit out of his tag partner and called his shot on Despy who's proven to be SHO's equal by proxy. kinda pissing off ELP and planting the seeds for a needed Ishimori babyface turn. (Dude's too good to be a Bullet Club background player lol)

Great stuff all around, best PPV I've seen in a long time.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It was a good show that brought the wrestling world in a different direction.

I mark for Okada nearly like I marked for Flair... but that honestly makes the matches they lose the better

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
To bring up a meme from the past... Winner winner, chicken dinner. Three notes...

-As so many of us fans of western wrestling, this was the PERFECT time to put the belt back on Okada. It's the tried and true formula to strap the belt back on the GOAT and see how long Okada can keep the momentum going for after the shit year NJPW's been having. But NJPW aint playing it safe and I'm here for it. In WWE I'd hate to see them going back to the well with "top face" but this was like if they put Cesaro over Roman (like they should have) (except with Okada still being a hella beloved face), with a shitload of contenders lined up

-Again to the easy/lazy WWE comparison, I posted once how "WWE did nothing to get Roman over" and people fought me on that. "They fed everyone to him! They did nothing BUT try!"... No. Trying means doing something IN KAYFABE to make us GIVE A SHIT. That 100% still matters. Kota Ibushi has had the worst best year ever. He won the G1!!!!....and lost the briefcase. He won the WK main event!!!!....and lost the new double title in his first defense. CSB. Kevin Kelly ( who is fantastic) really put over how he's not strong enough to hold the weight of being IWGP WHC, how he always achieved before choking. And after Shingo called him out, and he graciously accepted, and started getting aggravated and paced back and forth while watching Shingo celebrate the title win... I wonder if the level of MURDER IBUSHI Cobb tried to get out will be coming out more furiously in the future, and his rage will help him maintain success or fall to the Rampage Dragon...

-Meanwhile, as this freshens up Ibushi and gives him (and "that belt is a dumb idea" Okada) a real character arc, we have 2 new guys elevated to the main event scene with Ospreay and Shingo, with made man Naito able to re-enter at any time and the Switchblade coming back soon as well. Possibly Tanahashi and they're planting some seeds for a long overdue Ishimori push. You can have your cake and eat it too

(these books are why I don't talk njpw that often)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Time

Reaction score
I've heard he's improved but I never watch NJPW Strong. Wonder if he'll be on the Japanese shows or just stay on Strong? Guess we'll see.