New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Shibata suffered a subdural hematoma after yesterday's match with Okada. He spent 5 hours in surgery after the show and should be fine

Stopspot

Reaction score
Shame, get better soon Shibata!
He's probably out for the rest of the year. Hematomas can differ so much in recovery time and quality of recovery depending on the person. Not to mention all his other injuries he's been working through (shoulders, cervical etc). Dudes a trooper but odds are if he returns it won't be as the same worker we're used to seeing.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
He's probably out for the rest of the year. Hematomas can differ so much in recovery time and quality of recovery depending on the person. Not to mention all his other injuries he's been working through (shoulders, cervical etc). Dudes a trooper but odds are if he returns it won't be as the same worker we're used to seeing.

Damn that's rough. I hope he makes a good recovery even if he has to adapt his style.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Never Openweight is Minoru's first singles belt in NJPW? Damn.. the man deserves the top belt imo. But a champion is a champion nonetheless!

[HASHTAG]#Ichiban[/HASHTAG]!
C-dZ6fLUQAAINza.jpg

Reactions: Stopspot

Stopspot

Reaction score
Shibata update: He's having surgery some time in early May (I have forgotten the date). But there's still not really any expected recovery time. Basically they are going to put the piece of his skull they removed back in.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Shibata update: He's having surgery some time in early May (I have forgotten the date). But there's still not really any expected recovery time. Basically they are going to put the piece of his skull they removed back in.

Is it a risky surgery in itself? or just a lengthy recovery?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Is it a risky surgery in itself? or just a lengthy recovery?
Bit of both combined with how serious his injury was.

He literally beat his brain so hard against his skull it started bleeding and forming a potential blood cloth between his skull and brain. Combined with his heavy drinking that also impacts the brain negatively it was not exactly idea. His career is over with 90% certainty.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Bit of both combined with how serious his injury was.

He literally beat his brain so hard against his skull it started bleeding and forming a potential blood cloth between his skull and brain. Combined with his heavy drinking that also impacts the brain negatively it was not exactly idea. His career is over with 90% certainty.

Damn that sucks. Never knew about his drinking actually.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think it's hard to say. I mean, we don't know if his brain is damaged in the long term, if the pressure from the clot didn't fuck it up permanently I don't see why he wouldn't be able to go back.

Stopspot

Reaction score
..... Yeah, this year's Best of the Super Juniors tournament has a pretty stacked lineup

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
..... Yeah, this year's Best of the Super Juniors tournament has a pretty stacked lineup

[HASHTAG]#Hyped[/HASHTAG]!

Does A block fight the B block or they fight among themselves?

A lot of matchups I'd love to see, either way.

Stopspot

Reaction score
[HASHTAG]#Hyped[/HASHTAG]!

Does A block fight the B block or they fight among themselves?

A lot of matchups I'd love to see, either way.
The blocks fight amongst themselves (Block A guys fight each other, same in block B). Each win scores you two points. Whoever has most points in each block by the end faces off in the final