New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
So that was a pretty good show. Loved the main event (leg was actually sold, that was cool), hiromu and lee killed themselves as usual and shibata/ospreay was awesome.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
So that was a pretty good show. Loved the main event (leg was actually sold, that was cool), hiromu and lee killed themselves as usual and shibata/ospreay was awesome.

Hiromu and Lee was MOTN for me, first time I have watched them, now i'm gonna go back and find all their matches lol.

Shibata/Ospreay was good and Naito/Elgin was a really good one too.

The only meh match was the Tag title triple threat match where it was pretty predictable with the result / ending lol.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I also wish they had subtitles for Japanese commentary, would love to have known what Okada and Gedo were saying through the 2nd half of the show :(

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just done watching the Osaka show, it was very good.

Shibata/Ospreay, Takahashi/Lee and Naito/Elgin were the absolute highlights of the show and they were all fantastic. Enjoyed the hell out of them.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I just wanna know why Hiroshi Tanahashi, Makabu Nananishi, and Ryusuke Taguchi are a tag team... Isn't that the WWE equivalent of Xavier Woods, Ricky Steamboat, and John Cena?

(making comparisons more for comedic effect than actually slighting the product.)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I just wanna know why Hiroshi Tanahashi, Makabu Nananishi, and Ryusuke Taguchi are a tag team... Isn't that the WWE equivalent of Xavier Woods, Ricky Steamboat, and John Cena?

(making comparisons more for comedic effect than actually slighting the product.)
And wouldn't that WWE equivalent be an awesome team too?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The Taguchi vs Hiromu video package for Monday is weird in all capital letters. WEIRD

Gooch you weird motherfucker.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They have a very nice angle going where Taguchi isn't weirded out by Hiromu (unlike, say, KUSHIDA) because he's just as weird if not more. Great.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Really enjoyed both ME from the 45th anniversary. What stood out for me was the small attempt by taguchi to grab the leg even if the match was over once he gained conscience again. Went *** 3/4 for that one and **** for the Main Event. Those closing stretches by Okada are a thing of beauty.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
So. Evil knocked off Tanahashi in their first round match of the New Japan Cup earlier today. Little evil man got made. Great showing by him and Tanahashi is as world class as ever.

Interesting note is that Tanahashi has not won a big singles match since his match with Sanada on the road to Wrestle Kingdom. Which was in like November or December. He's really stepped out of the limelight.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
So. Evil knocked off Tanahashi in their first round match of the New Japan Cup earlier today. Little evil man got made. Great showing by him and Tanahashi is as world class as ever.

Interesting note is that Tanahashi has not won a big singles match since his match with Sanada on the road to Wrestle Kingdom. Which was in like November or December. He's really stepped out of the limelight.
But he's only had two big singles matches since tbf, right? Against Naito and now EVIL?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
But he's only had two big singles matches since tbf, right? Against Naito and now EVIL?

Yeah, he's been doing Never Tag title for WK, till New Beginning I believe.

Evil's a good wrestler, I was watching last years matches and his G1 Climax matches were pretty damn good.