NBA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I think Paul digs it in LA. Will be interesting to see what he and Dwight decide to do though. Woodson won't go anywhere. Winning a playoff series for the Knicks is huge at this point considering how long it had been. I think anyone can see how valuable he has been and how key his defensive coaching has been in turning them around.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think Paul digs it in LA. Will be interesting to see what he and Dwight decide to do though. Woodson won't go anywhere. Winning a playoff series for the Knicks is huge at this point considering how long it had been. I think anyone can see how valuable he has been and how key his defensive coaching has been in turning them around.
You're probably right about Woodson. I remember when CP3 was with the hornets, he was really pushing for a trade to the knicks. I have that to hold on to I guess. This series ends 5 though. Knicks are done.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Knicks Rumors: How Chris Paul Could End Up in New York in 2013-14

BY

CIARAN GOWAN
(FEATURED COLUMNIST) ON AUGUST 2, 2012

32,078 reads
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
Next
71c8a8e4c825b4157fb8fff510cb8c89.jpg

Chris Chambers/Getty Images
Just over two years ago, after yet another disappointing season, fans of the New York Knicks were given some hope for the future, when it was reported by the New York Post that Amar'e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul planned to make a "big three" in the Big Apple.
Fast-forward two years, and the first two have finally made it to their destination, while CP3 stays stranded in Los Angeles with the Clippers.
Seemingly in place of Paul, the Knicks signed his former teammate, Tyson Chandler, last December, which—due to the salary cap—has made it all but impossible for Paul to make it to New York.
But last month, Knicks fans were once again given a glimmer of hope that the All-Star point guard could eventually end up in New York, when he rejected an extension with the Clippers and told the New York Daily News that he wanted to play out the season and then see what his options are.
What really sparked things, though, is that Melo then reportedly told Jared Zwerlingthat "you'll see him in NY in a couple of years."

That's the article on CP3 and melo

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I had forgotten all about the CP3 to NY crap. Even though I hate the Lakers I sort of hope he goes there, just because it was such bullshit the way Stern jew'd the Lakers by vetoing that trade.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I pray for this ^ and i'll go back to your point about Melo and his iso's. If we had a true superstar point guard, we might be able to run a real offense for an entire game. You can see Melo demanding the ball from felton, and I think it has something to do with the quality of his PG. I could be wrong, and Melo could just be one selfish son of a bitch.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I pray for this ^ and i'll go back to your point about Melo and his iso's. If we had a true superstar point guard, we might be able to run a real offense for an entire game. You can see Melo demanding the ball from felton, and I think it has something to do with the quality of his PG. I could be wrong, and Melo could just be one selfish son of a bitch.
Felton is a solid PG IMO, but not really the best at running halfcourt sets. No way Melo would be dictating the offense if Paul came in. CP3 would. I doubt Melo would take issue with it though

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh well, fuck the Knicks this year. They don't have any offensive threats besides Melo, and J.R. Smith (erratic fuck) Novak can't see PT vs the pacers because 1. He can't board, 2. He can't get open. The pacers would just put a guy on him all game. I don't think Kidd has made a shot in 5 games (seriously) Felton is a decent PG. Shumpert and Chandler are known mostly for their defense. Amare and Melo will never work out. It was still nice to see them get a playoff win, but our flaws are pretty distinctive. We NEED CP3. Without him we are at best a first/second round loss every year. That's just the truth behind it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I was telling my friend how I thought the Knicks would have been better off never making the Melo trade and he thought I was nuts.

But seriously. Amare was averaging like 26 and 9 before that deal. Rooster looked like a budding superstar. Wilson Chandler is a great piece to have. I can't remember what else they gave up besides Felton, who they got back, but I really think they had something good going without Melo.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
OH BTW. J.R. Smith missed shoot around saturday because of the "flu" and was running a 102 fever. Turns out he was out all night partying with Rhianna.
Damn, what a clown. And he is expecting to get a big payday after this season too. GOon

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No doubt, oh well. I'm rooting for a team that actually plays with heart. Warriors have a great coach, and i'm pulling for them.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I was telling my friend how I thought the Knicks would have been better off never making the Melo trade and he thought I was nuts.

But seriously. Amare was averaging like 26 and 9 before that deal. Rooster looked like a budding superstar. Wilson Chandler is a great piece to have. I can't remember what else they gave up besides Felton, who they got back, but I really think they had something good going without Melo.
Gahllinari was also in that trade

We had
Gahlinari
Felton
WIlson Chandler
David Lee
Nate Robinson

and some other players all when they were young.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
No doubt, oh well. I'm rooting for a team that actually plays with heart. Warriors have a great coach, and i'm pulling for them.

For whatever reason we looked a lot better in SA than Oakland, so I'm optimistic about game 5.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You guys got it. I'm going to go watch the mets lose now though. Warriors and Knicks both play tomorrow so if you're on, i'll hit ya up during the games.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Dwight should stay in Laker Land with Kobe, Nash and Gasol. If they get Phil Jackson and develop some team chemistry, say hello to Kobe's 6th ring. As for CP3, the Lakers are gonna need another star player with them other than D-12 once Kobe is gone. I hope they get Curry or CP3.