NBA 2014-2015 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I know Green is one of the best defensive players in the league, but I'm surprised he is actually getting DPOY hype

(from an ESPN insider article)
The favorite: Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors

One would think that Andrew Bogut's longtime absence would send the Golden State Warriors into a defensive free-fall. But there they are, still at the top of the list. For that, the Warriors can thank Green, who's been an absolute monster at the 4. With quick feet, pesky hands and long arms, he can switch between bottling up a point guard at the top of the key and sizing up a bulky center in the lane. His versatility is astounding, really.

Check out these fancy numbers. According to SportVU data provided to ESPN Insider, Green has defended 38 drives by point guards this season, and those 38 drives have resulted in a measly 15 points, for an average of 0.39 points per drive. The league average on points per drive: 0.63. Also: Among the 18 players who have defended at least 75 post-ups, no one has held their opponent to a lower payoff than Green (0.68 points per post-up). The guy does everything.

Want more Green facts? He's stolen the ball from Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul and Isaiah Thomas, and blocked Brook Lopez, Dirk Nowitzki, Jonas Valanciunas and Russell Westbrook (twice). He ranks third in defensive real-plus minus, first in defensive win shares and second in defensive BPM. Pick any advanced defensive metric and Green's right near the top. For defensive player of the year, that's my leader in the clubhouse.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hornets Raptors was like the only close game tonight, Kemba Walker has been hot this season.. Gerald Henderson had a nice 31 pt game as well so that helped out big, Toronto has been looking solid this season, it's been tough without DeRozan

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Warriors vs Cavs tonight

not sure who all is healthy for them at this point tbh, pretty sure LeBron is still out. Too bad, I would have loved to of paid him back for this shit last year:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Warriors vs Cavs tonight

not sure who all is healthy for them at this point tbh, pretty sure LeBron is still out. Too bad, I would have loved to of paid him back for this shit last year:

LeBron, Shump & Varejao are out.. I see this being a Golden State ass whooping on the Cavs to be honest.. I'd say there's like a 15% chance the Cavs stay within 10 pts of them by the end of the game.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Klay wins his 2nd Western Conference POTW award this week. So glad the front office didn't listen to guys like me about the Love trade.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Klay wins his 2nd Western Conference POTW award this week. So glad the front office didn't listen to guys like me about the Love trade.

What pieces were you guys prepared to give up for Love again? Can't quite recall the trade they were trying to work out at the moment.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
What pieces were you guys prepared to give up for Love again? Can't quite recall the trade they were trying to work out at the moment.
We wanted to give up like Lee, Barnes and shit like that. They wanted Klay and we would not include him.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
at 32 years old Mo Williams is like the last person I expected to blow up like that, good for him though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Clippers acquired Austin Rivers on Thursday in a three-team deal with the Boston Celtics and Phoenix Suns.

The Clippers sent former first-round pick Reggie Bullock to the Suns and swingman Chris Douglas-Roberts and a 2017 second-round draft pick to the Celtics. Boston also acquired Phoenix big man Shavlik Randolph in the trade and generated a $2.4 million trade exception.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Rivers will become the first son to play for his father when he makes his first appearance with the Clippers.