• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NASCAR 2020 Season Thread

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Well, it's official!

Hopefully SHR still has some sort of presence in the xfinity series next year, even if it is only fielding a car for the cup drivers to take turns racing in. Ford has a very small presence in the Xfinity series now after the scale back from multiple owners.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Well, it's official!

Hopefully SHR still has some sort of presence in the xfinity series next year, even if it is only fielding a car for the cup drivers to take turns racing in. Ford has a very small presence in the Xfinity series now after the scale back from multiple owners.

From what I hear they plan on having a car next year in the Series, so we'll see what they do with it. I got to see if they are any Ford Truck Series drivers ready to move up, or as you said just some Cup drivers in it sometimes. We'll see what they do I guess.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
What a great Xfinity race - the Allgaier Chastain incident really changed the race and I was sure Gragson was going to claim that automatic Championship Four spot - but Burton absolutely surged those last two laps to claim a truly impressive victory. I don't know what any of you think - but I think that might have been one of the better Xfinity Series race we have had this season. This kid is going places - Burton is a future Xfinity Champion mark my words.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Burton is benefiting from JGR having strong cars in the Xfinity series. That finish proved it. For whatever reason Gragson lost all momentum on the last few turns. Heart breaking.

Between Chastain wrecking and Gragson losing the lead in the last turn, it just left a sour taste in my mouth. Xfinity series can be fun to watch a lot of the time but occasionally a JGR car shows a ton of speed that the rest of the field doesn't have and it leaves me wondering what they are doing that others aren't.

Gragson has confidence at Martinsville, so lets see how that goes.

Doom

La Bestia
I do hope Larson lands the 88 ride. He could win a decent amount of races in that car.

It's sad to see Bowyer retire the sport, but I know he'll make a great commentator for FOX for next season. His comments are funny enough to entertain us. Gotta love him.

Replacing Bowyer is Chase Briscoe. In his second full season in the Xfinity Series, mainly this season, he's impressed me enough to be promoted to the Cup Series to race with the big boys.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
As someone who grew up a Jeff Burton fan, I was so so happy to see his son Harrison won. I met both of them a few years ago. Really great stuff.

Doom

La Bestia
It's announced earlier that the NASCAR Cup Series at Texas has been postponed due to wet weather, and that the race will resume at 10:00 AM ET on NBCSN.

That is awfully early to restart the race, but I'm game. Hopefully at work I would be able to listen to the race on my Bluetooth speaker.

Last edited:

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Well now it is set for tomorrow (Tuesday) because of the rain. I was thinking earlier how much it must suck for the drivers to stick around this long. They must be bored out of their minds right about now.