NASCAR 2020 Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
What a damn finish and race!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Unfortunately after the race, Custer, Byron, DiBenedetto and Blaney have been eliminated from the playoffs.

:(

• Sad
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Unfortunately after the race, Custer, Byron, DiBenedetto and Blaney have been eliminated from the playoffs.

:(
DiBenedetto one makes me the most sad.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Reactions: Doom and Stellar

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Well I didn't see that coming. Happy for Ross Chastain.

Bubba Wallace to the 48? Please?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
1600814224629.png

Just watched the Bristol Truck Series Race Replay - the race was lack lustre I felt. I don't think they pushed the trucks as hard as they should be at such an iconic, Sam Mayer winning at a 17 year old rookie. I don't know whether to be impressed by his talent or embarrassed for the rest of the field for letting a junior driver bully them so easily. I am hoping the Xfinity Race I am about to watch, is going to be a little bit more exciting, because that Truck race did not feel like a Playoff race.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
View attachment 6170

Just watched the Bristol Truck Series Race Replay - the race was lack lustre I felt. I don't think they pushed the trucks as hard as they should be at such an iconic, Sam Mayer winning at a 17 year old rookie. I don't know whether to be impressed by his talent or embarrassed for the rest of the field for letting a junior driver bully them so easily. I am hoping the Xfinity Race I am about to watch, is going to be a little bit more exciting, because that Truck race did not feel like a Playoff race.

That kid is really amazing, been kicking ass in the ARCA Series and ARCA East Series. He's going to be driving for Dale Jr next season once he turns 18, and then go full time for him in 2022.

Speaking of Bristol.

Reactions: Doom

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
FOOD-CITY-300.png

Briscoe winning is really important I feel - because dude knows he is worthy of a seat in the cup series. As much as I dislike Chastain - Ross its literally getting no luck whatsoever. Cindric to hold on finish 3rd though is equally as impressive. Although just like the trucks, I feel as though something has been missing from both the Truck and Xfinity race. Maybe I'm just being a grouch, but I don't feel as though anything has taken place that I will remember forever. Now I really am praying the Cup Series race was thrilling - I love that I am probably going to have caught up after the first truck race of the weekend takes place.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
FOOD-CITY-300.png

Briscoe winning is really important I feel - because dude knows he is worthy of a seat in the cup series. As much as I dislike Chastain - Ross its literally getting no luck whatsoever. Cindric to hold on finish 3rd though is equally as impressive. Although just like the trucks, I feel as though something has been missing from both the Truck and Xfinity race. Maybe I'm just being a grouch, but I don't feel as though anything has taken place that I will remember forever. Now I really am praying the Cup Series race was thrilling - I love that I am probably going to have caught up after the first truck race of the weekend takes place.

Trust me, I won’t spoil it anything other than saying the Cup race, is pretty good

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
@Hollywood you were completely correct - the Cup Series race was a really pleasure to watch. Harvick holding on to the win was just impressive - having to battle with Kyle and having to contend with all the lapped traffic. That was the Bristol race we always hope to see. Was gutted that Keslowski dropped out mid-race - but winning Richmond and Bristol back-to-back is always a big ask. Can't wait for Vegas!

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
63c0961e52ee6877d057965350994e18_L.jpg

The Truck race was interesting to say the very least - Austin Hill drove a really solid race and you have to take your hat off to it as he seals his spot in the Round of 8. Ben Rhodes though managing to finish the race despite his car being on fire at one point, gets a special mention. I was gutted for my man Stewart Friesen's #52 car being getting overtaken by Tanner Gray on the final lap was a massive gut punch, as a 3rd place finish would have been a career best for Friesen. None the less, I feel that such a positive race and a track that looks like its in great condition that the Xfinity and Cup Series races are really going to benefit from the rubber that has already been layed down.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Ben Rhodes was having such a bad race. That was nuts.

I was cheering for Creed just because he clearly had the faster truck and had dominated the race. Hopefully having a hard time passing for the lead doesn't become an issue in the Xfinity and Cups series races this weekend.

When Austin Hill was selected for the 16 truck a few years ago in the place of Moffitt I was questioning that move but Austin is proving me wrong. He is proving all of us wrong that were doubting him. He held off a faster truck for the win. That's not easy.

By the way, Germain racing is shutting down. Don't know if that has been mentioned yet. They are selling their charter to Hamlin/Jordan. So Ty Dillon I would think is moving to RCR. He said in the past that he didn't want to be at RCR in cup because he wanted to make his own path away from his family (even though Germain is affiliated with RCR). He may not have a choice now. Germain is the same owner in NASCAR that Todd Bodine won 2 Truck series Championships under. So it's sad to see another owner leave the sport, along with Leavine.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Hopefully we get a good race and finish tonight, Vegas always is one of them tracks that can be hit or miss on the racing. So, wouldn't shock me if someone just wins by a lot tonight and tomorrow night as well.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

I'm very happy for Chastain to get the opportunity to drive the 42 car. I guarantee you he'll win races in his new ride.

I'm real excited to see MJ and Hamlin to field a car for Bubba Wallace. I think it was best that he didn't take the 48 car since there's some rumors that Larson may take the ride instead of Allgaier. Then again, it's still up in the air on who will drive the iconic 48 car next season.