Movies or TV Shows?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
Sorry for posting this in the TV forum.

Most people I know prefer movies. I know for myself, it's definitely TV shows. I find them more engaging, easier to watch and have more of a lasting effect as it is usually in continuation from one another. I sometimes find movies too long and I get bored 3/4's through, whereas with a good TV show I can watch episode after episode without getting bored. Movies also tend to follow a formula, especially Hollywood ones. TV shows there are more character development, sometimes better storylines with good plot-twists and just generally better to follow.

I would much rather sit down and watch some Dexter or The Walking Dead over a movie most nights.

What do you prefer?

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am another that prefers TV Shows to Movies. With Television Shows you can get much more in depth with characters and storylines because you have a lot more time to tell the story. With a movie there is a limited amount of time so they have to rush through introducing the characters and they normally there is only one main situation that the star of the movie has to deal with. With a tv show there can be a situation per episode that builds up to something big for the season final.

I like the storyline progression that you get in television shows and the fact that you normally get a new season each year you can get more into a television show. With a movie you might have to wait a couple of years in between movies so it is harder to really develop a following for it.

Killz

Reaction score
It depends ont the type of TV show but in general it's television over movies. This is probably as much to do with my attention span being crippled by video gaming since I was a little kid though.

The thing with TV is long running shows like Supernatural or the like are incredibly detailed and in-depth and have taken the time to build characters and storylines and it all ties in over hours and hours of more bitesize chunks. Some TV shows though, like Dr. Who recently, seem to cram several movie's worth of storytelling into 50 minutes instead of leaking out one story over the course of a season. I much prefer the latter style of writing.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
TV for sure, not really a 'movie guy'.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
The thing with TV is long running shows like Supernatural or the like are incredibly detailed and in-depth and have taken the time to build characters and storylines and it all ties in over hours and hours of more bitesize chunks. Some TV shows though, like Dr. Who recently, seem to cram several movie's worth of storytelling into 50 minutes instead of leaking out one story over the course of a season. I much prefer the latter style of writing.

Dr. Who ftw!

I guess I'm the first to say I enjoy movies over tv shows. I love TV and I watch shows religiously but there's just something about movies that I enjoy more. It's kind of what made me want to get into the entertainment industry in the first place. I love both but it's movies for me. I guess it just takes less time to invest in a movie than say a whole TV series.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Prefer movies to TV, don't have the time to watch much TV, and find it easier to just escape my day by watching a movie. Don't have to get involved with character arcs or swerves that makes me hate it when I miss one show.

PVR I know, but I don't even have the time to watch them and find it just clutters up my device.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't tend to have a preference but I do like to watch multiple episodes of the same show at once.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Good entertainment is all I ask for, if you can do that in just 90 minutes, then do a movie, if you have to do a convoluted storyline that develops over years, thats great too. Even the odd videogame is starting to get great storylines, that are just as enjoyable.

I dont think I would have liked Boardwalk Empire if it was a series of movies, and I wouldnt watch a Rambo TV show.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
TV shows, definitely. Having a series that's 12 episodes per season gives the writers more time
to flesh out characters than a movie that's 1.5 to 3 hours long. Plus most movies don't have cliffhangers, and
the ones that do, require you to wait 4+ years for the next installment to be produced, as compared to waiting
one year for a new season of whatever tv series to start.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I honestly hardly watch either, and because of that, I'm more partial to movies because they take less time, so I'm much more likely to sit down and watch a movie than I am a season of a TV show.