Montreal Screwjob II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

The finish that we all overlooked...no one factored in where they were. Brilliant swerve. I applaud you WWE, I honestly do.
CM Punk has just become the top heel in WWE...period.
Montreal Screwjob II...love it or hate it..(I LOVE IT).....DISCUSS IT!

davidian13

Reaction score
I loved it! I was a little upset when Taker made Punk tap out, simply bc the match seemed like it ended way to early, but Teddy Long coming out and basically screwing Taker was a great cliffhanger. I don't know where they're going with this but I'm on my toes so that's a good thing.

Klide

I really like it. Can't wait to see how there going to pull the rest out but crossing my fingers. Noumenon Idk if I can agree with u about cm punk as the top hell in the wwe it depends. I mean I hate punk making your sig was hell lol. But I have to say that punk is the best heel as of right now. Meaning edge doesn't count cause he's injured and yes I'm biased lol. But I have to say I like how he screwd the fans over when he dressed as hardy, I have to give him that since I hate hardy more than punk and see kids reaction was histarical. Anyways going back to the screwjob I wonder if they were planning this before or was if a last minute thing cause there were spoilers saying that taker was gonna win. But the screwjob was priceless I am also applauding u WWE.

pocket

Reaction score
Anyone who knows me from the main site, knows how little I like CM Punk! I hated him as face because he just comes off as lame and boring.... but since they turned him heel he has improved alot.... no scratch that, since they commited to the push they gave him (unlike last time around) he is a different guy... so the screwjob seems fitting.... it wouldn't be right for Taker just just stroll back into a title match and win, it wouldn't be right for Punk to drop the belt after only 3 weeks to an old, out of shape has been.... so as much as I still dislike him I was glad he won...

The way this match was booked is 100% proof that Smackdown has eclipsed Raw as the top show.... Vince's Flagship show is a joke, and is firmly in the shadow of Smackdown! What a difference it makes having one GM and not hosts.... the option to actally use the GM in a storyline is a gift.... I'm suprised that they finally turned Long and god knows he needed it... but when someone on the main page predicted it, and Kudos to him, it made so much sense.... what Long said to Vince.... a very well booked match!

I still think that these new themed PPVs will get in the way of the storylines, it sure got in the way of the Cena/Orton match.... terribly booked.... good to see the creative team had a way out of this one.... about time they got creative!

Kaedon

Reaction score
Man could they have done anything MORE to protect Taker? Jesus f*cking Christ!! They guy tapped out to Angle for f*cks sake!!! All they had to do was figure out some kind of souped up move to apply EXTRA pressure to Taker, like Cena using the ring ropes on Umaga in the STFU.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
lol is all I gota say. Triple H said in the promo talking about how Canada lives in the past or whatever, Lawler (I believe) said that they have the mind of an Elephant when it comes to the screw job... NO WONDER!!! I keep hearing people say that Canadians live in the past and get over the screw job (when WWE does shows there and they boo HBK or get the you screwed Brett chant) but they aren't the one's that need to get over it, WWE does.

Besides, if they were going to re-invent the Screw Job, they should have gone all the way, have Taker snap, break shit, Punk run to the back, etc.

noumenon

I thought it was done perfectly. Weeks of Taker trying to play mind games on Punk and Punk leaves him looking fuckin lost.
Punk looked pretty damn good in the match itself. The finish was a bit out of nowhere and was really the only part that made Punk look a little weak. But I suppose all of you who said "Punk isn't ready for Taker" got your wish right there. Match was done perfectly and the best thing WWE has done in a looong time.

Wordlife

I hate CM Punk with a damn passion, and its funny cause I'm from Chicago and so is he and I met the guy at my Six Flags Great America for a signing and he's one hell of a nice guy don't get me wrong... in the ring though, I can't stand the guy... but as of last night, I think I might think differently. That was one amazing match.... seemed sorta slow and had a weird week finish but overall the WWE just pulled a fast one and a smart one on the Undertaker and I LOVED IT!

Reaction score
I thought it was awesome but this won't take any attention off the original Montreal Screw Job for any future Canadian WWE events if that was one of WWE's hopes.

noumenon

I don't think their intention was to take any focus off of the original...simply using the heat of the original to get even more heat on this one.
It's honestly showing they have a hell of a lot of trust in Punk to put a storyline like this on his shoulders.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Who's going to get more of the heat though? Sure Punk may get some, but but Teddy will get the majority of it, if not all of it. He's the one that screwd Taker, not Punk.

The match shouldn't have went on last. A match healining a ppv shouldn't be 7/8 minutes long. (I believe that's what it was) It shouldn't have that screw job either. When I kick out all that money for a ppv, I expect to see long matches with clean finishes, especially the main event.

Reaction score
I thought it was done perfectly. Weeks of Taker trying to play mind games on Punk and Punk leaves him looking fuckin lost.

Exactly what I was thinking. CM Punk is easily one of the greatest things that wrestling has to offer today and this just made him that much more interesting. Sure people may hate the fact that WWE re-did the screw-job, but something they did do was get it stuck in your mind. Amazingly done. :mrgreen:

Airfixx

Feelin' it so far, but I'll reserve my Judgement until this Friday, however I do agree that as a ME match it wasn't 'worth' the PPV money... Why was it so short?

Did the PPV over-run or sumthin'... :roll:

Reaction score
I gotta say - and I'm sure you all know my hatred for Punk - that the end to the match was pretty good. I would be slitting throats of WWE Creative if they made Taker actually tap to Punk, but the curve ball was pretty good. It lets Punk get out of the situation he was in, and he was in WAY over his head.

So it was a good swerve, but a really lack luster match. Both ME's were.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Erm, hey people I'm new on these boards. Infact I only signed up after watching whats has to be one of the worst PPV's in a decade of subpar booking from the WWE.

I am so suprised most of you thought that Montreal Screwjob II was a 'curve ball'. I saw this lame attepmt to shock a mile off and thought that would be the status quo. I am shocked now.

And really, Smackdown eclipse RAW, WTF!!! Has no one been watchin how DiBiase and Rhodes have been displaying that they really are two of the most talented wrestlersto emerge for a freakin long time! CM Punk, top heel. Pleaseee!!!

I'm sure as a newbie I'll get plenty of abuse for this considering the general opinion of the board, but damn, I just can't believe what I'm seeing