Montreal Screwjob II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dynamo

Reaction score
Airfixx said:
So you want him to lose graciously, not cheat, not beat anyone down and not whine?

....How the hell DO you expect a heel to get heat then?

If you retain all the righteous elements of his character then he'd still be a face. LOL

Come on dude, already said that maybe thats a mute point.

Airfixx said:
There is a distinct difference in trashing SD in order to make another look good and making RAW look good in it's own right. You took the former approach until that last post

Disagree, I think you'll find that a running theme in my argument has been that I don't think Smackdown is doing what it could/should imo. Particularly iwth Punk. Not even saying that RAW is great, just better than SD, so you would expect an argument, a balanced argument to reflect that view,
wouldn't you?

Airfixx said:
That's fine, but the point is your emotional attachment to certain characters is no reflection on the quality of their matches.

Granted, if you don't like TLC matches (for example) and shit like that then, again, your taste/opinion, BUT that's not to say it was a shit match.

I don't think there matches have been that good. I don't mind TLC, or ladder matches. Hardy gets this tag of being like god in this arena, plenty of others are far superior, from edge to flippin Hardcore holly. What can I saw, Just cos he might jump high, dnt make the wrestling good imo.

Airfixx said:
You completely missed the point... I'm not championing any of those individuals or the programs their involved with, I'm illustrating that SD on the whole has been doing MUCH more with their roster than Raw has since the draft... Fuck, even Vince McMahon has been rumoured to be displeased with the lack of progress on Raw wince WM... Shawn Michaels comes back and is apparently dismayed about how no-one had been built in is absence... Why do you find this so hard to acknowledge?

Look at the Raw roster by comparrison.

Masters, Kenrick, Noble, D-Lo Brown (last year admittedly) and others no doubt... Barely worth them being employed. Look at Primo and Carlito they didn't even get to have a proper fued after they split. MVP & Henry had been floating about doing fuck all until they teamed up... Shall I continue?

There's been PPVs this year where the A-Show has only 2 matches on the card.... What does THAT say? They hadn't developed any storylines worth the PPV time.

I think you missed the point. I was saying that the SD roster was for 1, terrible and 2. I don't think they have done more with it. And I also can't see how that proves that it has. I never said that RAW couldn't do more with what it has, course it can, but it still doesn't change the fact that what it is doing is still better, with regards to producing a weekly show, than SD is.

Again... Point & context missed.... See above.

Again... point & context missed... See above. lol

Direct quote from your listing Raw positives.... "and of course the guest host thing."

That my friend, as expressed, is a general appreciation

Now who's being faecetious... lol

So this may last then.... Lmfao.

I must say I'm suprised. You mentioned gimmicks earlier, and brits hate that. You can't be honestly saying that you think RAW is more gimmicky than SD, surely?????

Anyway, WWE is still a pisspoor product of what it once was in the late 80's early 90's where I 'cut my teeth', but the closest thing I have to it, is RAW and for me SD is just too far away at the moment.

Airfixx

”Airfixx” said:
So you want him to lose graciously, not cheat, not beat anyone down and not whine?

....How the hell DO you expect a heel to get heat then?

If you retain all the righteous elements of his character then he'd still be a face. LOL
”Dynamo” said:
Come on dude, already said that maybe thats a mute point.
“Mute“ the issue of Punk being a heel and there’s nothing left to debate. Punk’s a heel and is behaving accordingly.

”Airfixx” said:
There is a distinct difference in trashing SD in order to make another look good and making RAW look good in it's own right. You took the former approach until that last post
Disagree, I think you'll find that a running theme in my argument has been that I don't think Smackdown is doing what it could/should imo. Particularly with Punk. Not even saying that RAW is great, just better than SD, so you would expect an argument, a balanced argument to reflect that view,
wouldn't you?
...You initially reacted to the insinuation that SD was the best show. Therefore, I wanted to know what, in your opinon, Raw was doing that makes it better. Two sides of the same coin – A relative, and a mutually reliant, state of affairs.

”Airfixx” said:
That's fine, but the point is your emotional attachment to certain characters is no reflection on the quality of their matches.

Granted, if you don't like TLC matches (for example) and shit like that then, again, your taste/opinion, BUT that's not to say it was a shit match.

I don't think there matches have been that good. I don't mind TLC, or ladder matches. Hardy gets this tag of being like god in this arena, plenty of others are far superior, from edge to flippin Hardcore holly. What can I saw, Just cos he might jump high, dnt make the wrestling good imo.
It’s Kayfaybe tho’... In reality beating Hogan isn’t a big deal, but in Kayfaybe it’s HUGE. Jeff’s rep for TLCs is no different.
”Airfixx” said:
You completely missed the point... I'm not championing any of those individuals or the programs their involved with, I'm illustrating that SD on the whole has been doing MUCH more with their roster than Raw has since the draft... Fuck, even Vince McMahon has been rumoured to be displeased with the lack of progress on Raw wince WM... Shawn Michaels comes back and is apparently dismayed about how no-one had been built in is absence... Why do you find this so hard to acknowledge?

Look at the Raw roster by comparrison.

Masters, Kenrick, Noble, D-Lo Brown (last year admittedly) and others no doubt... Barely worth them being employed. Look at Primo and Carlito they didn't even get to have a proper fued after they split. MVP & Henry had been floating about doing fuck all until they teamed up... Shall I continue?

There's been PPVs this year where the A-Show has only 2 matches on the card.... What does THAT say? They hadn't developed any storylines worth the PPV time.

I think you missed the point. I was saying that the SD roster was for 1, terrible and 2. I don't think they have done more with it.
...Then please provide suitable counter points or evidence to the TANGIABLE arguments I have made.
And I also can't see how that proves that it has. I never said that RAW couldn't do more with what it has, course it can, but it still doesn't change the fact that what it is doing is still better, with regards to producing a weekly show, than SD is.
Unfortunately, your debating of this opinion is falling rather short.
”Airfixx” said:
Direct quote from your listing Raw positives.... "and of course the guest host thing."

That my friend, as expressed, is a general appreciation

Now who's being faecetious... lol

I dunno... Pass.

I must say I'm suprised. You mentioned gimmicks earlier, and brits hate that. You can't be honestly saying that you think RAW is more gimmicky than SD, surely?????

I only brought the word “gimmicky” up in response to your accusing SD of being a gimmicky show...

BUT.... Yes.

Guest GMs
Jobbing a former Cruiserweight/ECW/Tag champ to Hornswaggle... For over TWO MONTHS!
Half-baked fued & storyline ideas that don’t come to fruition.
Endless 3 and 4-way’s for the US title (They can’t even focus on building up a contender).

Meanwhile SD has been getting on with the business of elevating stars (Punk, Morrison, Ziggler (and Jeff Hardy before them), developing fueds and outshining Raws PPV matches merely with their weekly TV product. (Note I’ve already acknowledged that the WHC has changed hands too much)

S’funny that you compare today’s Raw with the so-called golden-era... Things were never that soap-opera-esque back in the day (The HHH/Home invasion stuff, for example, was almost a carbon copy of the Austin/Pillman angle from the early days of Attitude) – It’d generally be routed in the realms of kayfaybe competition albeit with the odd betrayal, sneak attack and such to spark fueds. I know the previously mentioned HHH storyline is effective an amped up version of this time honoured approach, but I never once saw WWE TV shows back then consisting of so little SPORTS entertainment and in that sense SD is BY FAR more of a traditional approach to a wrestling TV show.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
when i first saw it i was pissed off since it just seemed that the superstars involved in it wouldn't seem to work right, but after thinking about it this could be a great start as long as they book the rest of the story right

Airfixx

^^^To be honest, it seems like Teddy will get his, Taker will get a rematch and that'll be the end of that... They already bitched out of explaining exactly what the "conspiracy" (i.e. the screwjob) was about. Teddy's promo last week was flakey bullshit.