MLB Postseason

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I have a feeling we might go back and forth in this series haha. I can't imagine the Cubs not making a comeback. This might go all the way.

Reactions: Gman003

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Oh yeah... and that fucking umpire's strike zone tonight. Especially in the early going.... maaaaaan oh man. I was heated watching some of those calls.

Like this called strike, for example:

Yeah it was pretty bad the entire game, I thought. I couldn't complain too much because we got a few calls, but inconsistency does bug me.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
538 actually did a mathematical assessment of the strike zone last night and found that it was so inconsistent that both teams suffered from it.

But if the Cubs come back today and tie up the series, I might have a problem deciding what to watch tomorrow night... Game 5 or Hell in a Cell.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well looks like it's going to be Hell in a Cell for me tomorrow. With the way the Cubs have been playing, they honestly don't deserve to win. I mean, it's not just your pitching... it's this constant swinging at balls way outside the strike zone, trying to hit home runs with every pitch and bad fielding. They are nowhere close to being the team they were during the regular season.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was going to maybe watch HIAC... because I haven't watched any wwe since the post season began. (Plus I can't stand the white/pink ropes.... just loses the nice feel, ya know?)

But the way things are going, I'm definitely watching the ball game. This game has been a heck of one. Still anything can happen though. I'm not counting either team out until the last out is recorded.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If any team can come back and go on a three game winning streak... it would be the Cubs from the regular season. They haven't played in the post season yet like they had in the regular. If they can find that poise and momentum and be the Cubs that they are, then yeah, they can come back from 3-1 and win. However, watching this game, it just seems unlikely.

As I said before, I am not bent out of shape about this. For me, winning the National League pennant was the goal. These Cubs are young and should be a solid team for years. The World Series victory is going to happen. I can accept losing. But I can't watch poor playing riddled with really bad mistakes and the poor playing is getting to me. I dunno. I'll have the game on in the background maybe, but the foreground will be HIAC.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
1 win away. Holy crap.

Only thing I don't like is Bauer starting tomorrow's game. Give the damn ball to Merritt in game 5 again. He clinched game 5 in Toronto. Might not have gone long enough to get the credited win, but he pitched a hell of a game.

We've won both other series on the road, could we win this one on the road aswell? We'll find out tomorrow!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well our best bet is this: We have Lester starting on normal rest. Like I mentioned before, Lester shouldn't have started game 1. Arietta should have and they should have gone to Lackey in game two. The reason is that Arietta and Lackey both have pitched better on the road, which Lester has pitched better at home. I really didn't like Maddon having Lester begin that first game.

Lester at home is going to be difficult. If you guys beat him, then you definitely earned it. I don't think we're out of it.. Lester at home, Arietta on the road... it could benefit us. However, I'll have to believe it when I see it. At the moment, you guys have all the momentum in the world and that might be enough.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
As much momentum as we have, the thing about baseball is 1 swing of the bat can change an entire game. If kipnis didn't get ahold of that pitch the way he did it could have been an out and led to no runs, remained at 4-1 and fowler's home run would have made it a 2 run game rather than 5.

Either way, a game can change at any pitch. We cleveland fans can't assume we've won yet which alot of people have it seems. Sure, the odds are heavily in our favour now. Especially since cubs now have that shutout stat against them. But there's still plenty of chance to take it back.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
RIP Cubs.

Andrew Miller <3

PBvcwyM.gif

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
That's it, Clevland Indians....

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
The announcing to this game is so annoying. Cubs do ANYTHING, literally anything, and Joe Buck has an orgasm.

"AAAAND JOE MADDON TAKES A DEEP BREATH!" "LESTER SPITS OUT HIS GUM!"

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know.
When I watch the jays, I don't notice the bias as much.

Watching this world series, I've come to hate him. Absolutely 1 sided announcing.

It kinda sucks lol

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Will the Cubs tie up the series? Will the Indians take it all? WHO WILL MAKE THE LIST OF RAW! IS! JERICHO!? :y2j:

Game 6 will be interesting.