MLB Postseason

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
That was a damn good game. Damn good.

Congratulations to the cubs and the cubs fans, most of your fan base has been waiting their whole life to see the cubs even play in the world series, a few generations since they've won.
Good job, and we'll be back next season to try again. Both teams have amazing young guys who have great potential.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am not an Indians fan, but I will be rooting for them against anyone but the Cubs. I really want you guys and gals to be able to feel what we're feeling right now. You all deserve it :)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Indians had the team and the chemistry to win it all this past season, unfortunately for them so did Chicago.. Chicago also had a longer championship drought to deal with that may have added more fuel to their fire. Regardless today the Indians made a big move to add to their already World Series qualifying roster, Edwin Encarnacion has signed a 3 yr / $65 million dollar deal with the club. It'll be interesting to see these boys in the playoffs again next year, except with a big name involved in their hitting rotation.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Indians had the team and the chemistry to win it all this past season, unfortunately for them so did Chicago.. Chicago also had a longer championship drought to deal with that may have added more fuel to their fire. Regardless today the Indians made a big move to add to their already World Series qualifying roster, Edwin Encarnacion has signed a 3 yr / $65 million dollar deal with the club. It'll be interesting to see these boys in the playoffs again next year, except with a big name involved in their hitting rotation.

:please:

Edwin...We'll miss ya </3

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Honestly... I'm not that excited lol. Like I mean it's good for us. I just hope like fuck Francona can turn him into a smart player and move away from the all or nothing batter he was in Toronto.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Honestly... I'm not that excited lol. Like I mean it's good for us. I just hope like fuck Francona can turn him into a smart player and move away from the all or nothing batter he was in Toronto.

I thought he was grasping that concept last year in Toronto but he quickly showed he hadn't learned to become more patient in the batter's box. I think he'll be okay, sitting at 34 I hope he's realizing that his power levels are no longer Over 9000... No but seriously he's a got a decently heavy bat but he needs to get the contact hitting part of his batting abilities back.. He could be one hell of an addition if like you say he becomes less of an all or nothing batter and focuses more on the hand eye and just hitting the ball. Indians are a fun team, a group of guys that had fun playing ball together and grew immensely and batting was a significant up last year from the previous years so hopefully Edwin can take a little bit what they learned as well as what he can teach these guys.

Reactions: Gman003

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If the Cubs don't become the first team since that late 90s Yankees team to repeat, them I am rooting for you guys. It would honestly and truly make me happy if you all could feel next year what I felt this year. It was unbelievable and I think it would be so cool if you experience it too :)

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Meanwhile, the Jays fan here is sitting in the corner, crying. *sniffle* Edwin...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If the Cubs don't become the first team since that late 90s Yankees team to repeat, them I am rooting for you guys. It would honestly and truly make me happy if you all could feel next year what I felt this year. It was unbelievable and I think it would be so cool if you experience it too :)

I just realized I posted the same thing about a month and a half ago... well...well... I'm a wishing well kind of fellow :p

Meanwhile, the Jays fan here is sitting in the corner, crying. *sniffle* Edwin...

Yeah but their pain isn't as great. I mean 92 and 93 World Series Champs. The agony isn't as all encompassing.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Yeah but their pain isn't as great. I mean 92 and 93 World Series Champs. The agony isn't as all encompassing.

And the fact a Canadian NHL team hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 1993 and the Calgary Flames were SCREWED in 2004 against the Tampa Bay Lightning! IT WAS A GOAL!

But come on....one of the teams I like needs something :(

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
And the fact a Canadian NHL team hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 1993 and the Calgary Flames were SCREWED in 2004 against the Tampa Bay Lightning! IT WAS A GOAL!

But come on....one of the teams I like needs something :(

Start liking the Cubs, there's room on the bandwagon ;)

I have to admit, I can't complain about sports for a while. I mean my Broncos are the defending Super Bowl Champions (although they are not getting near that again this year) and my Cubs are the World Series Champions. It's been a good sports year for me. If all my teams lose next year and yours win, that will be a good thing :)

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So I'm just headed to bed now but saw the tsn notification on my phone and now that I've had time to digest the news I'm happy.

He'll make a great fit. Plus I've been watching him play for the past few seasons so I'm used to his style.

I'm just hoping he'll be a team player and not swing for the fence everytime. If he learns to hit smart then we're solid.

I mean another 42 hr year would be more than welcome, but be smart!