MLB Postseason

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah the one thing about the Cubs is you need to shut them down and not let them heat up. When they heat up, they tend to get VERY consistent with their hitting. If Bauer is going to still have some issues and the Cubs get on a roll, it might get a little ugly. I didn't get too down after last nights game because I was sort of hoping for a split in the first two games and then back home to Wrigley. If the Cubs can take the game tonight, they have Kyle Hendricks waiting at home Friday. I think Hendricks' confidence might be through the roof after he and Chapman faced the minimum the other day.

The mathematical odds took a huge swerve after last night's game and you guys are now 55% favored to win the Series. I think this game will be more pivotal though.

Reactions: Gman003

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
More pivotal indeed lol.

I didn't watch it tonight, a couple assholes at work spoiled it for me so I didn't bother watching tonight lol

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah probably a good thing you didn't. It would have been as painful for you as Game 1 was for me. We got Hendricks going tomorrow at Wrigley. If he is even remotely as dominant as he was the other day, I'll probably enjoy it.

I don't really know what to expect. Two games into the series and both teams wiped the floor with the other team in one game. We'll see what happens :)

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Well I guess that evened things out. lol I don't watch baseball but I want the Indians to win naturally. Tomorrow's game should be interesting.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well if the Indians won last night, I would have said that the Series was theirs. Now, I think that tomorrow's game will be the big one. We're tied with three games at Wrigley. If Hendricks can perform like he did on Saturday and we take the 2-1 lead, I think the series is ours. If the Indians can take it to Hendricks, though, they'll get home field advantage back and I think stand a better chance of winning.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Well if the Indians won last night, I would have said that the Series was theirs. Now, I think that tomorrow's game will be the big one. We're tied with three games at Wrigley. If Hendricks can perform like he did on Saturday and we take the 2-1 lead, I think the series is ours. If the Indians can take it to Hendricks, though, they'll get home field advantage back and I think stand a better chance of winning.

I'd like to see the Indians win just so my mom can be happy. She don't watch NBA and isn't really invested as much anymore in the NFL. Like she was happy the Cavs won but she wasn't as happy as she would be to see the Indians win it all. I cried when the Cavs won haha I am such a sap but I can bet if the Indians won, she would cry out of happiness too. She is a HUGE fan.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Indians win just so my mom can be happy. She don't watch NBA and isn't really invested as much anymore in the NFL. Like she was happy the Cavs won but she wasn't as happy as she would be to see the Indians win it all. I cried when the Cavs won haha I am such a sap but I can bet if the Indians won, she would cry out of happiness too. She is a HUGE fan.

Well I still want the Cubs to win but I guess if they don't I'll be happy that your mom gets to be happy (that's sincere, not sarcastic :) ). I like people to be happy :)

Not Gman003 though.. I want him to cry because the Indians lose (just teasing!).

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Well I still want the Cubs to win but I guess if they don't I'll be happy that your mom gets to be happy (that's sincere, not sarcastic :) ). I like people to be happy :)

Not Gman003 though.. I want him to cry because the Indians lose (just teasing!).

giphy.gif

Yeah I know what you mean. I want Gman003 to cry too.

:bayley:

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
For real, I'd tear up a little if cleveland wins.
So would my grandpa lol he's the reason I'm a tribe fan and he's said before he would absolutely love to see them win the world series in his life. He's 71 now so I hope it does happen this year.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
This is a wild world series.
6-0 blowout for cleveland
5-1 blowout for cubs
1-0 nail biter for cleveland.

Holy shit.
This is fuckin wild.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
After winning tonight, your manager should really reconsider starting your ace on short rest though. Give him another day.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I agree. If anyone, it should be Ryan Merritt. Rookie who started the alcs clincher. Now with 14.1 major league innings under his belt lol. Only allowed 1 hit on the jays though.

We're in a rough spot with our pitching, really. It feels like we're relying on 5 guys the entire time.
Kluber, Tomlin, Shaw (who's a heart attack for us tribe fans. He did well tonight, but he's shaky), Miller, and Allen.

Everyone else is just a spare lol

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh yeah... and that fucking umpire's strike zone tonight. Especially in the early going.... maaaaaan oh man. I was heated watching some of those calls.

Like this called strike, for example:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-29-03-40-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-29-03-40-39.png
    865.9 KB · Views: 19