MLB 2014 Official Discussion Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Mets Sp Degrom Roty! Harvey back nxt year. Brewers blew it, trade Braun for pitching
we couldnt snag a #3 sp for brauny. I'm expecting we buy pitching, Ricky Weeks A-ram and Gallardo are gone, so we should have about 40 mil, depending on if we pay k-rod to stay (which we should)

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Damn. Mets have 3 of the top 5 roty candidates. DeGrom Familia and D'arnaud . You can have onr of them for luccroy
Honestly i'm betting Luc and Davis are on the block possibly this year. I'm hopeful Luc moves to 1b (Maldanatto is substantially better behind the plate) and we buy a 3rd basemen.

My money though is on a starting lefty, or we keep K-rod and Will Smith moves to the rotation. Either way, 40-50 mil to spend this offseason after we unload Gallardo Aram and that piece of shit Ricky Weeks. I'd give you Luc for Harvey easily, but why do you need another awesome catcher?

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Also mets can just buy K-rod, it's another contract year and he's a Boras client, we aren't paying him 15+ mil.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Mets dont spend money anymore. Maybe 20th in payroll max
Our owner has talked about spending more money this season, hello 120 mil payroll (12 mil upgrade) would make me happy.

I do wonder what the chances are we end up back trying to snag Fielder as I know he isn't terribly wanted where he is and it would instantly put a ton of asses in our seats.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Our owner has talked about spending more money this season, hello 120 mil payroll (12 mil upgrade) would make me happy.

I do wonder what the chances are we end up back trying to snag Fielder as I know he isn't terribly wanted where he is and it would instantly put a ton of asses in our seats.
Trade Braun to Yankees for their entire farm + 10 million. Id shop Braun to them or Texas. One of those goober teams

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Trade Braun to Yankees for their entire farm + 10 million. Id shop Braun to them or Texas. One of those goober teams
Honestly i'm almost positive i'm the only brewer fan who wouldnt give him away for a sack of balls. If we don't shop Davis and can keep him for 5 years cheap, i'd be down to shop braun for a SP or even a decent prospect. His contract is extremely team friendly (11 mil this year i think) and he's alright enough to keep. I don't mind a .300 hitter minus his roid power tbh. I'm expecting we don't get Gogo to stay this year and he gets traded in July.

2015 will be an interesting year for the Crew, i'm pretty excited to see what happens here in the next few months. Hoping we get a new Pitching coach at the very least and one SP....the 1b market is dogshit and i dont want Dunn.