Midnight Mass Mafia Game Thread — Game ended.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
You're too hinged on using your long-winded posts and large vocabulary. There are a few times you made some type of spelling error or used a word that would be away from a sophisticated lexicon, or used slang, which seems to be out of your norm of posting. Someone that seems to be as meticulous and analytical as you wouldn't let a slip up like that pass. And I feel like the mis-wording bothered you enough that you had to vehemently defend it, and yourself, when someone else caught on. You've been too defensive. It might not seem like a big deal to some of y'all, but when someone messes up their way of speaking, or writing, that has always been a sign that a person has something to hide, in my opinion.

Okay so I'm a bit confused with this, is it the spelling mistakes, the using slang or the defensiveness that you feel is causing him to hide things or all 3 of them? Or how he's posting one way most of the time then changes up at others?

Dolph Zinger

Reaction score
Big posts and big words mean fuck all in mafia, fuck all to me anyway.

Just cherry pick the content you want to discuss

Pendex

Reaction score
You're easier to recognize thats for sure, plus the index fanboyism is a dead givaway too.
Heh, true there.
I see, well play style beyond that I don't think that counts you as scum since I've played with you a shitload though you going around in circles with sky isn't exactly a great indicator on either of you but its pretty hard to determine whats going on but there is no way.

Granted I'm not reading every post and just sorta started at a random page as the first 2-3 pages were fluffy and then I was like f this shit to much reading.

I'm surprised though by your vote on poyser so quicky even if he did vote on someone else who was voted for it seems like a reach at this early in Day 1 to take such votes seriously.
I feel "okay" about my vote on Poyser. I think I've demonstrated behaviour in his posting that is objectively scummy, but I also feel like objectively scummy behaviour is a familiar refrain when it pertains to Poyser's play. And when it comes to his lacking defence I'm wondering if his responses are because he's aware enough that he can't defend it (not that the argumnets were a slam dunk, mind) or because he genuinely believes his own narrative. I'm actually starting to lean towards those who have mostly stayed out of it as the way my argument with these people was allowed to develop felt like the gamestate favoured scum.

At the same time, like, I can't ignore that the moment I place a vote on the guy I have 3 votes immediately on me. On the other hand, this "we're going to protect our own against the outsiders" mentality was present in the previous game I played here too, where I correctly read Jeff as scum and was told by other townies "no no Jeff isn't scum, you are". So hmm. It gives me a lot to think about. Not sure where I stand on it all yet exactly.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Okay so I'm a bit confused with this, is it the spelling mistakes, the using slang or the defensiveness that you feel is causing him to hide things or all 3 of them? Or how he's posting one way most of the time then changes up at others?
The spelling mistakes, usage of slang and change-up in his posting (all of which I don’t think someone that appears as logical and meticulous as him would do/let happen) being caught by others made him extremely over-defensive. Him making mistakes and going against how he normally seems makes me think he’s hiding something.

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
Heh, true there.

I feel "okay" about my vote on Poyser. I think I've demonstrated behaviour in his posting that is objectively scummy, but I also feel like objectively scummy behaviour is a familiar refrain when it pertains to Poyser's play. And when it comes to his lacking defence I'm wondering if his responses are because he's aware enough that he can't defend it (not that the argumnets were a slam dunk, mind) or because he genuinely believes his own narrative. I'm actually starting to lean towards those who have mostly stayed out of it as the way my argument with these people was allowed to develop felt like the gamestate favoured scum.

At the same time, like, I can't ignore that the moment I place a vote on the guy I have 3 votes immediately on me. On the other hand, this "we're going to protect our own against the outsiders" mentality was present in the previous game I played here too, where I correctly read Jeff as scum and was told by other townies "no no Jeff isn't scum, you are". So hmm. It gives me a lot to think about. Not sure where I stand on it all yet exactly.

Eh, I dunno man, I found your vote on poyser a bit off to be honest and I know you decently enough.

I think you've played to much on the forums where all the same people play mafia games together pretty much to realize that outsides are scary business!

Also being outsiders means we aren't privy to how they actually play, it makes reading them a bit harder for me personally, but then I'm horrible at reads.

The spelling mistakes, usage of slang and change-up in his posting (all of which I don’t think someone that appears as logical and meticulous as him would do/let happen) being caught by others made him extremely over-defensive. Him making mistakes and going against how he normally seems makes me think he’s hiding something.

Okay that makes some sense, though I find pendex to be able to swing either was as town or mafia with these kinda posting though if he's sold on someone being scum he'll hound them till death but that doesn't mean he'll be right, so I can see it from someone whos played with him as being either or personally.

Pendex

Reaction score
Eh, I dunno man, I found your vote on poyser a bit off to be honest and I know you decently enough.
I think the biggest problem is, I'm having a really hard time believing someone sees me dropping the gimmick here as anything other than NAI. I genuinely don't understand the logic train that is being followed. Poyser told me that me expecting it to be read as NAI made absolutely no sense, but I think quite the opposite is true. My vote itself served its purpose, it remains because of this, and other things, that I'm having a very hard time reconciling with town.
I think you've played to much on the forums where all the same people play mafia games together pretty much to realize that outsides are scary business!
To be fair, this is probably true. Over these last couple of months there has been basically a core group of about 6-8 people that I've played everywhere with, and the other new sites I've played on have had a fairly high concentration of new players, so it has been a while since I've been "the new player". But I still think it's a pretty weak mindset, all told.
Also being outsiders means we aren't privy to how they actually play, it makes reading them a bit harder for me personally, but then I'm horrible at reads.
Eh, I assume you know how I feel about meta. Trying to establish meta on me from a one game sample size is foolish at best.
though if he's sold on someone being scum he'll hound them till death but that doesn't mean he'll be right
I'll have you know, I'm on a streak of leading day 1 scum lynches. But otherwise, yes.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
At the same time, like, I can't ignore that the moment I place a vote on the guy I have 3 votes immediately on me.
Wouldn't you think it's too obvious for all three of us to be scum mates?

On the other hand, this "we're going to protect our own against the outsiders" mentality was present in the previous game I played here too, where I correctly read Jeff as scum and was told by other townies "no no Jeff isn't scum, you are". So hmm. It gives me a lot to think about. Not sure where I stand on it all yet exactly.
Are you sure you're not just playing victim here? We're happy to accept an outsider if they, you know, play well and don't act like they own the place right away

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem is, I'm having a really hard time believing someone sees me dropping the gimmick here as anything other than NAI. I genuinely don't understand the logic train that is being followed. Poyser told me that me expecting it to be read as NAI made absolutely no sense, but I think quite the opposite is true. My vote itself served its purpose, it remains because of this, and other things, that I'm having a very hard time reconciling with town.
To be fair, this is probably true. Over these last couple of months there has been basically a core group of about 6-8 people that I've played everywhere with, and the other new sites I've played on have had a fairly high concentration of new players, so it has been a while since I've been "the new player". But I still think it's a pretty weak mindset, all told.
Eh, I assume you know how I feel about meta. Trying to establish meta on me from a one game sample size is foolish at best.
I'll have you know, I'm on a streak of leading day 1 scum lynches. But otherwise, yes.

I aint gonna multiquote cause effort.

Anyways, I dunno on that one I hate day 1 beginnings because 90% of the first 10 or so pages is just utter bullshit and posturing with nothing really substantial coming out of it.

And yeah I know, hence why I said you could be reading either way since you've acted the same regardless of alignment.

I always end up being a new player cause I take massive layoffs in playing :D

You also once defended scum me against town nika for almost an entire game soooo there is that too :D

But anyways, my point is I don't see the read on Poyser being a really good one and it seems off at the same time you're coming off an as an easy target for others to point at which makes it a weird play to make yourself such an obvious target so not sure I really like the lynch on you either.

Jobber Doink

Reaction score

Maybe that's what you want us to think.

Nah I kid, but its way to early for a massive scum jump on one player so soon, 1 maybe? but 3 nah, I agree though that his lynch on poyser seems questionable to me but don't know if thats scummy or just a easy pick to get things rolling, or lazy

Pendex

Reaction score
I don't think all three of you are scum, no. I said I can't ignore it, not that it's scum all caught in a trap.
Are you sure you're not just playing victim here? We're happy to accept an outsider if they, you know, play well and don't act like they own the place right away
Yes, I'm pretty certain. You're the ones telling me I'm "acting like I own the place", that's something you've come up with due to your respective egos taking offence at my tone or whatever. I've just been me. I have no desire to own this place. You've cited my language patterns as indication that I assume I'm smarter than everyone else and I'm looking down on you all, I've said I just usually speak this way. And so on it goes. As for your implication that I'm not playing well, I'm not sure how you're qualified to make that assertion yet? You supposedly have no idea as to how accurate my reads have been so far, and in the last game I played here, my reads were pretty good all told.