Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
What's new? Metalheads are always whining and crying.
I also didn't notice at first that was from Metal Injection. There's a reason I never signed up on that website, they're the whiniest of the bunch when it comes to metal sites. Not that places like Blabbermouth or Metalsucks are any better.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I also didn't notice at first that was from Metal Injection. There's a reason I never signed up on that website, they're the whiniest of the bunch when it comes to metal sites. Not that places like Blabbermouth or Metalsucks are any better.

Haha yeah. I stay away from most Metal websites/forums.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Though, sometimes Youtube comments can be pretty hilarious just because of how stupid some people can be. Lurk a Metalcore video and you're sure to find "real metalheads" arguing with "posers". Kind of pathetic actually, but still funny at times.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I post on the Metal Archives forums rarely, they're okay. People aren't whiny, but they tend to lean more towards the elitist side of things so I don't really go there all that much either.

And yeah, Youtube comments are hilarious usually. Ever see those stupid metal vs metalcore videos where they play a metal band then a metalcore band? Those comments are usually warzones lol.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I post on the Metal Archives forums rarely, they're okay. People aren't whiny, but they tend to lean more towards the elitist side of things so I don't really go there all that much either.

And yeah, Youtube comments are hilarious usually. Ever see those stupid metal vs metalcore videos where they play a metal band then a metalcore band? Those comments are usually warzones lol.

I've never really lurked there aside from selling/buying merch a few times. I don't really like that elitist attitude, especially coming from kids thinking they lived in the 80s. Also, some of the reviews there are straight up bad. I'm all for people having their own tastes and opinions, but still, some are just stupid.

And LOL. Yeah I've seen those vids. Its usually something like "thrash metal vs poser metal!"

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Not usually into Goregrind type stuff but this rules!

gotta love how the drummer is huge geek too! LOL
VI_201_original.jpg

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Not usually into Goregrind type stuff but this rules!

gotta love how the drummer is huge geek too! LOL
VI_201_original.jpg

That's pretty cool. Typically not a huge fan of goregrind myself, but that was cool. Definitely different from most of the bland stuff out there in goregrind where the drums just blast over everything for two minutes and occasionally you hear a cool guitar part with some vocals mixed in there somewhere.

And yeah, Japan is great. Tons of cool metal like Sabbat. I'm also admittedly a big Maximum The Hormone fan, because I got introduced to them through Death Note. There's also another band that gets kinda weird at times but I really like, called Imperial Dead Circus Decadence. They do kinda melodeath stuff that can sound black metal-ish at times. They're kinda like the Japanese Children of Bodom in some aspects.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I agree with you about goregrind. I like Exhumed but that's really all I can think of lol.

I've never even heard the bands you mentioned aside from Sabbat. Links?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I agree with you about goregrind. I like Exhumed but that's really all I can think of lol.

I've never even heard the bands you mentioned aside from Sabbat. Links?
Yeah Exhumed are good. I forgot about them, haven't listened to any of their stuff in a long time.

Here's Maximum The Hormone, with the songs that I was introduced to them with~

And here's Imperial Dead Circus Decadence. The more I hear them the more I think they're the Japanese take on metalcore, but honestly it's better than the stuff we have.

Would have had those links a lot earlier but I went to sleep, lol.

Reactions: Swift