Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

This is really, really cool. The album was in the related videos for a Sadistik Exekution song, amusingly. Kinda proggy, starts off slow, but I'm really into it after checking it out and another song from the album. Don't think I've ever heard of the band before either.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score

This is really, really cool. The album was in the related videos for a Sadistik Exekution song, amusingly. Kinda proggy, starts off slow, but I'm really into it after checking it out and another song from the album. Don't think I've ever heard of the band before either.

Tiamat is good stuff, though I'm only familiar with a few of their albums. Are you into Katato
Tiamat's first album was more straight forward Death Metal, really good too.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
*Are you into Katatonia or My Dying Bride?

Not sure what happen there haha.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Tiamat is good stuff, though I'm only familiar with a few of their albums. Are you into Katato
Tiamat's first album was more straight forward Death Metal, really good too.

Oh, that's really good stuff too. Definitely glad to stumble upon them.

I wasn't much into the Katatonia that I listened to. I've also only heard one My Dying Bride album, which was Turn Loose The Swans, but I enjoyed that one.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
But I'm skimming through songs on The Dreadful Hours by MDB and I think I need to listen to this one all the way through

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Basically any Katatonia with their old logo is good, lol. IMO at least.

<-- BEST

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
But I'm skimming through songs on The Dreadful Hours by MDB and I think I need to listen to this one all the way through

You cant go wrong with their first three albums. I don't think they've released a "bad" album though, I'm just not as familiar with their later stuff.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Basically any Katatonia with their old logo is good, lol. IMO at least.

<-- BEST

Ohhhh. You know how we were talking the other night about hearing something by a band and dismissing them entirely, but going back later and hearing their old stuff and really liking it? Yeah, I've done that with Katatonia it would seem. First two albums seem great.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Ohhhh. You know how we were talking the other night about hearing something by a band and dismissing them entirely, but going back later and hearing their old stuff and really liking it? Yeah, I've done that with Katatonia it would seem. First two albums seem great.

Haha, I dismissed Katatonia for the longest as well. Same with My Dying Bride (the name alone had me skeptical) but then I actually sat down checked out their stuff, and I love it now. I think the problem is they have so many releases and yeah, I think think their later stuff is not so great so you dismiss it all as the same. Also, I just think my tastes have broadened. I used to be "raw, only old school!" so thing that had "melodic" or "Gothic" influenced were instantly trash to me. Glad I'm not so stupid anymore haha.

Anathema is another one that falls in that category.

Though I actually like some of Anathema's Gothic/atmospheric rock stuff, but that's more of a guilty pleasure haha. It can be cheesy.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Haha, I dismissed Katatonia for the longest as well. Same with My Dying Bride (the name alone had me skeptical) but then I actually sat down checked out their stuff, and I love it now. I think the problem is they have so many releases and yeah, I think think their later stuff is not so great so you dismiss it all as the same. Also, I just think my tastes have broadened. I used to be "raw, only old school!" so thing that had "melodic" or "Gothic" influenced were instantly trash to me. Glad I'm not so stupid anymore haha.

Anathema is another one that falls in that category.

Though I actually like some of Anathema's Gothic/atmospheric rock stuff, but that's more of a guilty pleasure haha. It can be cheesy.

Anymore I do try to go back and look at a lot of different material if I don't like something from a band. I've missed out on too many good bands over the years because I was like "Nah, this sucks so that band sucks".

And yeah I like Anathema, really good stuff.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
That....is awesome. I know he's a big black metal fan so it's not surprising he has a project going. Gonna need that EP when it comes out.

Also LOL at people giving it shit because of Phil's voice in the comments, it's Phil. Don't expect Abbath, Ihsahn or Mortuus or Emperor Magus-level vocals. It's still good.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
That....is awesome. I know he's a big black metal fan so it's not surprising he has a project going. Gonna need that EP when it comes out.

Also LOL at people giving it shit because of Phil's voice in the comments, it's Phil. Don't expect Abbath, Ihsahn or Mortuus or Emperor Magus-level vocals. It's still good.

What's new? Metalheads are always whining and crying.