Megaupload has been shut down.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
My views on the whole business are a bit weird. I accept that using the internet to share media is the way forward and there's nothing that can change that.

But, I also believe it's unfair to the artists/directors/creators who put hard work, time, effort, money into these things to have them leaked and shared around for nothing, a lot of the time without their consent.

I accept my opinions on this are not going to be popular with people, but I'm pretty used to it by now.

The Viper

Reaction score
My views on the whole business are a bit weird. I accept that using the internet to share media is the way forward and there's nothing that can change that.

But, I also believe it's unfair to the artists/directors/creators who put hard work, time, effort, money into these things to have them leaked and shared around for nothing, a lot of the time without their consent.

I've found that a lot of people will download a movie/song/album/whatever, and then if they like it, they'll go out and buy it. Obviously, not enough people do that since the copyright holders were losing $500 million in revenue.

But still. For a guy that really doesn't have the money to go out and buy EVERYTHING, this makes me a sad panda. There's still other sites, though.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No one was losing $500m. That was such a BS number thrown out. It's a fact that the #1 pirated movie in the world was Avatar.

It so happens to have raked in over a billion dollars.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score

I accept my opinions on this are not going to be popular with people, but I'm pretty used to it by now.

Hopsin said it best ; "Cop my CD and if you can't afford it, download it because if I was in your situation I'd be doing the exact same thing."

Postman Dave

Reaction score
that's fine for him if that's what HE wants, but not every artist wants their stuff given away all the time. Some of them need to pay their own bills and whatnot.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
It's the end of the world......

wide web

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I seriously doubt one artist or whatever can't afford their bills.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I seriously doubt one artist or whatever can't afford their bills.

The smaller named artist can't, I mean I admit I download music but I wouldn't ever download music from a smaller named artist or one I really enjoy. I go out and buy there CD to help them.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Music is all over the place regardless whether it's on the radio or on youtube. You can't stop it from being shared. Megaupload was more notorious for hosting video content though. And TBH most of the stuff I got from there was stuff no one was selling anyway.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I go out and buy there CD to help them.

This is a common misconception in the music industry. If you really like an artist you should go to their show and buy their shirt. They make next to nothing from the sale of their CD, particularly if they are distributed/signed to a major record label. By contrast, a band can make close to 80% of the profit on the sale of their merchandise.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This is a common misconception in the music industry. If you really like an artist you should go to their show and buy their shirt. They make next to nothing from the sale of their CD, particularly if they are distributed/signed to a major record label. By contrast, a band can make close to 80% of the profit on the sale of their merchandise.

So basically you're saying my piracy isn't stopping an artist from paying their bills. Good to know.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So basically you're saying my piracy isn't stopping an artist from paying their bills. Good to know.

Of course its not, its stopping the record company from milking every last dollar out of a dying business (CD sales). They should have shifted to licensing based systems years before they did and they wouldn't even be complaining about this shit now. It's one of the reasons I got out of the industry, the people in charge couldn't see the future and now its biting them in the ass while I laugh at their misfortune.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

When an artist comes close by I like I do that but that is rare but me buying the CD helps them more then if i just download it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
When an artist comes close by I like I do that but that is rare but me buying the CD helps them more then if i just download it.

It depends on if they profit off the CD or not, but as I say, most don't make that much from the CD sale itself.