McMahon Power Struggle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Last month Stephanie McMahon returned to RAW, for the first time in almost a year, to discuss the injury that Triple H suffered the previous week against Curtis Axel and has been a regular on the show ever since. She initially was the mediator between Triple H and Vince McMahon as they had their differences over whether or not Triple H should be wrestling with his concussion. Lately though she has started to try to control the show along with Triple H and Vince McMahon yet they never seem to agree on what should happen on the show. Vickie Guerrero has been caught in the middle of this as she has tried to please all three of them and next week on RAW we get to see a performance evaluation for Vickie to determine how she is going as RAW Managing Supervisor.

There clearly is a big payoff down the line with this power struggle and I am intrigued as to where they are taking this storyline with Vince, Stephanie and Triple H all trying to have the last say and all believing that they control RAW. Does anyone else feel that this is going to turn into a WM 2000 situation where Triple H, Steph and Vince all manage a wrestler in the WWE Title match at WM XXX? To me that seems like the logical option and I wouldn't mind them going in that direction. To make it even bigger it could be a triple threat unification match with the WWE champion, World champion and then one other guy included in the match.

Where do you see this angle going? When do you think we will get the payoff?

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I Just Hope Shane Will Show Up. I Thought He Was Fun, but it's Gonna Be very Hard 2 Recreate Their Previous magic. I Think Vince, Stephanie And HHH Are Going To Find This Out.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would mark for a surprise appearance from Shane but I doubt it will happen as he is doing very well for himself outside of WWE. I don't think they need him either, it works well with the three that are currently there and I don't feel that they need to add a fourth person into that storyline. Keep it with the current three and build up to something huge for WM XXX

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
From what I'm hearing this is actually suppose to headline Wrestlemania XXX. Honestly I would love it if Triple H and Vince took complete control of the separate brands (like how McMahon and Flair did back in 2002) and fought for complete dominance at Wrestlemania. What I can see is Vince 'retiring' as Chairman of the WWE and having Triple H taking over after winning their match at Wrestlemania, but of course McMahon wins it back after a rematch just to keep things simple.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
From what I'm hearing this is actually suppose to headline Wrestlemania XXX. Honestly I would love it if Triple H and Vince took complete control of the separate brands (like how McMahon and Flair did back in 2002) and fought for complete dominance at Wrestlemania. What I can see is Vince 'retiring' as Chairman of the WWE and having Triple H taking over after winning their match at Wrestlemania, but of course McMahon wins it back after a rematch just to keep things simple.

I wish they would go back to proper completely separate brands but they don't have the star power to do it anymore. I see them each picking a guy to put in the WWE title match at WM and they will all try to lead their guy to victory. If it was just two of them it should be WWE champion vs World champion but since there is a third wheel there needs to be another guy thrown in.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I wish they would go back to proper completely separate brands but they don't have the star power to do it anymore. I see them each picking a guy to put in the WWE title match at WM and they will all try to lead their guy to victory. If it was just two of them it should be WWE champion vs World champion but since there is a third wheel there needs to be another guy thrown in.

Not necessarily. Have Triple H back up one guy and McMahon back up another, and have both men expect Stephanie to be on their side. Stephanie could choose HHH but turn on him and side with her dad for Wrestlemania.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not necessarily. Have Triple H back up one guy and McMahon back up another, and have both men expect Stephanie to be on their side. Stephanie could choose HHH but turn on him and side with her dad for Wrestlemania.

That could work. Steph has been used in that mediator role since returning and it would be fun to see her go heel again and side with Vince over Triple H.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My biggest fear about this is that there won't be any sort of payoff. They'll probably fire Vickie, have some more power struggling for a couple more months then tone it down and hire someone else with nothing coming out of it. Young Simba needs to be back on my TV now though.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Hey! Remember the last time we had the McMahon Family Feud???

wwe-wrestlemania-april-2-2000.jpg

Let's go ahead and shitcan the angle while we're in the developing stages. Nipple H (Stephanie) shouldn't ever be on tv again. Ever. Ever. I thought we had determined this shit after the abortion of an angle called "The Invasion?"

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
We'll get it at SummerSlam.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I feel like I've seen this story before....Like since 99.

If only this story was actually about McMahons not wanting Trips to face Curtis Axel, because he fucked him up. Instead of turning this into another Vince vs. Trips (playing Shane) power struggle. Funny how Raw is being made to look like actual WCW where you don't know who the boss is.

Anyways, if I wanted to see this story, I'd go watch old episodes of Raw.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
My biggest fear about this is that there won't be any sort of payoff. They'll probably fire Vickie, have some more power struggling for a couple more months then tone it down and hire someone else with nothing coming out of it. Young Simba needs to be back on my TV now though.

This is exactly how I think it will go, unfortunately. These days whenever Vince and sometimes Triple H enter themselves into storylines and take more creative control, they actually tend to over-write themselves and it gets a bit hard to follow, or they'll raise the stakes really high just for things to return to status quo and things quickly move on.

I remember watching the build-up for HHH/Taker II (it payed-off at WM, I know), where it felt cool and special to watch but I didn't have a grasp on what each character wanted out of it exactly. But on the surface ('cause they went for a crazy level of depth in that angle if you remember) you can at least see a much simpler story: HHH wants another shot, Taker has to defend his streak. This McMahon angle has played like a weird mess to me because I don't understand anyone's motivations here at all. It's already been planted and dragged out for a month already and I still don't get why the whole family (except Trips) suddenly show up for Raw every week, why they need to do things through Vickie or what everyone's vaguely out to get.

It badly needs to move along and I guess it will this week.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I posted my idea in another thread.... but I would love to see it progress to where Vince hires the Shield to take out HHH and it ends with a 6 man tag at WM XXX... The Shield vs Evolution.... would be a great way to bring Batista back (as has been rumored for some time) and keep Orton and The Shield involved in a major sotryline without having them involved in a title match....

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I feel like I've seen this story before....Like since 99.

If only this story was actually about McMahons not wanting Trips to face Curtis Axel, because he fucked him up. Instead of turning this into another Vince vs. Trips (playing Shane) power struggle. Funny how Raw is being made to look like actual WCW where you don't know who the boss is.

Anyways, if I wanted to see this story, I'd go watch old episodes of Raw.

WWE are banking on the fact that a large portion of their audience won't know about storylines from over a decade ago and therefore this will be a new concept to the fans. In saying that, I don't mind them re-using an old storyline, it happens all the time in wrestling, they just need to ensure that they improve on how they did the last time they used it. Add something fresh to the story to make it different and to make it even bigger, if they can make it a World title unification match that would fit the bill.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
PWMania.com reported earlier this week that it was the McMahon family who came up with the current power struggle storyline that we’ve been seeing on WWE TV, and that’s reportedly going through WrestleMania XXX. The recent report that the USA Network wanted more of the McMahons on TV isn’t the case.

There have been times in the past that USA wanted Vince back on TV, thinking he helps ratings and usually he does, but his most recent return has not provided a ratings boost. The main reason the McMahons are back on TV right now is because they booked themselves into the top WrestleMania XXX storyline.

There you go guys. Apparently they are going to continue this storyline somehow. Hopefully like they did in the past.