McMahon Power Struggle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I really don't wanna see this get dragged out for another 9 months, they should just end it at Survivor Series this year in some 3 way elimination match

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So far this angle is decent. Honestly hope they use the opportunity to bring back Linda or Shane. We'll of course get a each McMahon gets a wrestler in his corner.

I could see a payoff that has Shane upset that HHH is taking over the company. Vince is HHH heir and so he has him wrestle some guy of Shanes to prove that HHH should have control or some similar scenario.

In my opinion most people think Shane left because it was becoming apparent HHH was taking over (not sure I agree) but this would make a hell of an angle.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
USA seems to have alot of power over a company thqt generates them their biggest audience since 93. Wonder if they told Burn Notice producers how to write their shows? LOL Dirtsheets.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
USA seems to have alot of power over a company thqt generates them their biggest audience since 93. Wonder if they told Burn Notice producers how to write their shows? LOL Dirtsheets.

Burn Notice - 4.66
Psych - 4.51
Raw - 2.89

Yeah. Raw generates the biggest audience. USA network can tell WWE what they want.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Burn Notice - 4.66
Psych - 4.51
Raw - 2.89

Yeah. Raw generates the biggest audience. USA network can tell WWE what they want.

As opposed to the 8.4s and constant 5s WWE used to get for that channel? Argue over semantics some more. WWE doesn't take orders from USA, they are the reason that company actually is around, there is a reason why WWE gets more respect from that company after they left, there is a reason why they asked them for more content.

LOL stfu Tapout

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
As opposed to the 8.4s and constant 5s WWE used to get for that channel? Argue over semantics some more. WWE doesn't take orders from USA, they are the reason that company actually is around, there is a reason why WWE gets more respect from that company after they left, there is a reason why they asked them for more content.

LOL stfu Tapout

You really are so delusional. USA network asked them for more content, but according to you, they can't ask them for more McMahons on TV because they want ratings? Yes, Raw used to pull huge ratings for the network. USED, being the key word. They still pull good numbers but to say that its their biggest garner of audience is just plain ignorance.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You really are so delusional. USA network asked them for more content, but according to you, they can't ask them for more McMahons on TV because they want ratings? Yes, Raw used to pull huge ratings for the network. USED, being the key word. They still pull good numbers but to say that its their biggest garner of audience is just plain ignorance.

Call it ignorance all you want, it still doesn't mean that network tells WWE what they should do. It's easy for dirtsheets to speculate on things like this, it doesn't make it true.

WWE tv can get on any channel, because it is easy to promote, there is already a built in audience, they are basically a TV institution these days, USA dictating to a franchise like that is laughable. They know wrestling popularity is cyclical, shit gets hot, then it gets cold, then it gets hot again. Been that way since TV was invented, because wrestling was one of the first sports to be broadcasted.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
While you might think it'd be easy for WWE to get on any channel. They've had problems in the past. Hell they almost lost Smackdown until Syfy bailed them out. So they can't exactly say fuck you to USA and expect to be on a station the next day. Though they are a lot more family friendly then they were when that happened.

The truth is however that the stations that shows are broadcast on can REQUEST changes, so a request as minor as more McMahons on the show is plausible. This is usually done on shows as a way to request more money and for contract negotiations scratch my back etc.

Not that dirtsheets aren't full of shit this one could really be any either way type story.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't get how the network that is the reason we see Raw every week can't ask them for shit. There is a reason why it's the network and WWE is the guys providing them content.

If WWE didn't want people demanding more content from them, they'd make their own network like they were wanting to.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wwe can't get on any channel because they are on USA. First off there's no bigger network short of TNT or ESPN. Secondly to be on USA they signed a no compete cable clause that stops them from being on anything but universal owned cable channels - G4, Cloo, USA, SyfY, Bravo, Style, E, and HD Universal. They could only be on broadcast (ion/CW/my tv) or superstations (WGN and tbs) which is why SDs market was so limited.

if they didn't have the no compete over their rad bet your ass FX or Spike would pay them to get high ratings

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Unless this leads to getting a newer talent over I have little interest in it.

I am so bored of the McMahon's over shadowing the talent. They should just stay off TV bar one off appearances and work behind the scenes.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Mcmahons have out in time to be considered talent as much as any wrestler in the back. Vince has bled buckets for the company, Shane put his body thru hell, Stephanie has bumped and been hit by men, and trips is trips. It isn't like they are Dixie Carter, Eric Bischoff, or Paul Heyman. They put the work in physically in that ring as well time and time again

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Unless this leads to getting a newer talent over I have interest in it.

I am so bored of the McMahon's over shadowing the talent. They should just stay off TV bar one off appearances and work behind the scenes.

They have been off tv for the most part, bar HHH since he has been wrestling as well. Steph had been off tv for close to a year before returning last month for this storyline and Vince had barely been around. I like that this time they actually have a reason to be around, that there is actually a storyline in place for them. I am sure that once this storyline ends that Steph will disappear again and Vince probably will as well for a period of time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wwe can't get on any channel because they are on USA. First off there's no bigger network short of TNT or ESPN. Secondly to be on USA they signed a no compete cable clause that stops them from being on anything but universal owned cable channels - G4, Cloo, USA, SyfY, Bravo, Style, E, and HD Universal. They could only be on broadcast (ion/CW/my tv) or superstations (WGN and tbs) which is why SDs market was so limited.

if they didn't have the no compete over their rad bet your ass FX or Spike would pay them to get high ratings

Don't act like Spike wouldn't trip over themselves trying to get WWE, thoses mere 3s would look good to their fledgling network. Also, not forget when WWE acyually launces their channel, makes it the best bargaining chip, I'm not saying USA doesn't ask then for shit, but I don't think they can dictate and hand them edicts like this was TNN to ECW.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Don't act like Spike wouldn't trip over themselves trying to get WWE, thoses mere 3s would look good to their fledgling network. Also, not forget when WWE acyually launces their channel, makes it the best bargaining chip, I'm not saying USA doesn't ask then for shit, but I don't think they can dictate and hand them edicts like this was TNN to ECW.
You read it wrong. I said when wwe made a deal with USA, they limited themselves to what cable stations they can actually air their shows on. I has to be USA or a sister network. They can only air shows on broadcast which is what Main Event airs on or superstations like when Superstars was on wgn because of their exclusivity deal.I agree with you that Spike would jump at the chance to replace TNA and Bellator, and FX with UFC to put on wwe programming if they had a legal chance to do so.