Mayweather vs Pacquiao, it's on!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Can't recall seeing that happen in a professional boxing match.

Mike Tyson vs James Smith. 2nd round Tyson was penalized for maintaining a clinch too long, 8th round Tyson was penalized for excessive holding.. He kept hugging the other fighter whenever he was backed into the ropes, exactly what Mayweather did.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Mike Tyson vs James Smith. 2nd round Tyson was penalized for maintaining a clinch too long, 8th round Tyson was penalized for excessive holding.. He kept hugging the other fighter whenever he was backed into the ropes, exactly what Mayweather did.
jesus christ if you really think that what Mayweather did was anything comparable to Smith in that fight.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Again, anyone bitching about clinching is just ignorant. It is a part of the sport, like it or not. Like I said before, Ali was one of the most clinch-prone boxers I've ever seen. His trilogy with Frazier is amazing and he clinches throughout. It isn't a big deal at all. Kevin was actually calling for him to lose points lmao. Can't recall seeing that happen in a professional boxing match.

I heard countless people bitching about this and it sounded like they wanted to watch the two dudes who go behind the building into the parking lot, instead they got a damn good technical boxing match.

Stupid casuals ruining your sport, bruh.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I heard countless people bitching about this and it sounded like they wanted to watch the two dudes who go behind the building into the parking lot, instead they got a damn good technical boxing match.

Stupid casuals ruining your sport, bruh.
Everyone loves a good scrap tbf, you just can't expect Floyd in one.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Well, he's got a whole year to change his mind again and decide to accept the rematch. He says he wants to retire with a perfect winning streak of 50-0 and that means one more fight after his next one in September. That doesn't have to be another bout with Pacquiao, but I don't see why not. Manny Pacquiao is considered the best boxer of this generation other than Mayweather, I would think he would want to show everyone that he can beat him not once but twice, especially to silence the critics who say that a large factor in Mayweather's victory was due to Pac's undisclosed shoulder injury.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Floyd can say what he wants, but IMO this is just a marketing ploy. Nothing makes simpletons want something faster than telling them they can't have it.

There isn't a payday out there bigger than a rematch. Money is all bout dat..... money.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Well, he's got a whole year to change his mind again and decide to accept the rematch. He says he wants to retire with a perfect winning streak of 50-0 and that means one more fight after his next one in September. That doesn't have to be another bout with Pacquiao, but I don't see why not. Manny Pacquiao is considered the best boxer of this generation other than Mayweather, I would think he would want to show everyone that he can beat him not once but twice, especially to silence the critics who say that a large factor in Mayweather's victory was due to Pac's undisclosed shoulder injury.
Is he saying 50-0 now? I thought he was saying he'd retire at 49.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

The 50-0 mainly came up because of promising to give Pacquaio a rematch after his surgery (and that would have to be a year from now since the surgery is scheduled to put him out to around nine months.) But now that he's changed his mind about the rematch (although I think it'll still happen), he may be content with just going to 49-0 since the last fight he has on his Showtime/CBS contract is the one in September.

However, 50-0 just looks better than 49-0. Whether Pacman gets a rematch or not, I think Mayweather will go for the 50th victory regardless, provided he doesn't lose his next fight.

Reactions: seabs

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Gotta surpass Rocky for the greatest undefeated record of all time. Marciano was 49-0 when he died in a plane crash.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Pacquiao just needs to shut the fuck up, if I was Mayweather I'd pull the rematch away too if my opponent kept making excuses and talking shit to the media even after I told him I was going to give him another shot..

I got Money going against Khan for the 49-0 in September and then Next Summer like July will be Pacquiao / Mayweather 2.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Time to cheer against mayweather again and have my hopes and dreams crushed one last time:woohoo:

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
The only people saying that the fight wasn't good and Floyd should have lost are the people who (in the words of Roger Mayweather) Don't know shit about boxing lol.

Look at the stats and open your eyes, Floyd Mayweather THREW AND LANDED way more than Manny. Then showed why he's the best defensive boxer ever by making Manny swing at air most of the time.

This is coming from somebody who regularly watches boxing not just when Floyd fights, and from somebody who was rooting for Manny to win. Open your eyes and look at the stats lol.

Reactions: Red Rain