Mayweather vs Pacquiao, it's on!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Boring. And then the scorecards reminded me why I don't bother with boxing for a decade now. Manny should've won.

Realistically, boxing is such a joke for a long ass while now, and it consists of people who are not good enough for MMA.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Boring. And then the scorecards reminded me why I don't bother with boxing for a decade now. Manny should've won.

Realistically, boxing is such a joke for a long ass while now, and it consists of people who are not good enough for MMA.
lmao. hot take.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score

You don't see anyone in mma making 150 mil for a fight, doe

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You don't see anyone in mma making 150 mil for a fight, doe
Nobody with the choice between being a successful boxer or mixed martial artist is going to choose MMA. His statement was asinine. In MMA you are UFC or bust, and even then you aren't guaranteed to make a decent living off of fighting. Any ranked boxer is living very well.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
#1 nobody who knows boxing expected this match to be great
#2 Floyd's style is art. If you like boxing, you like Floyd. If you are a "fight fan" who watches for knockouts, you suck anyway. I TOLD everyone that doesn't watch boxing that was for some reason hyped for this fight not to be. I told them they won't like what Floyd does. Do they listen? Nah
#3 Floyd is only "boring" because he completely outclasses everyone he faces, like everyone knew he would Manny. Manny's style is exciting, but horrible against a smart counter puncher. (Floyd is the smartest/best counter puncher)
#4 of course the commentators are "on Floyd's dong" he is the greatest fighter in decades and he was dominating the fight. 118-110 isn't close, which is how I scored it. Manny wasn't competitive for the vast majority of the fight.

Hilarious how people love Manny and hate Floyd. Manny is the one who caused this delay because he didn't want stringent drug testing because he is a known juicer. You don't go from natural flyweight to 8 division champion with stupid KO power by doing extra push ups. He was juiced to the gills during his prime.

I've read plenty of comments from people by now who love boxing but hate Floyd because his style is boring to watch in every fight, and that's an opinion held not just by fans but among a lot of other boxers as well.

And I fail to see how Manny was "dominated" when he got in plenty of good hits and was the aggressor in the fight. If he took the same boring approach that Mayweather does, there wouldn't have even been much of a fight at all. If I recall, the official score at the end was 116-112. I'd call a four point difference pretty close. The first time they showed the score card (which was after the fifth or sixth round, can't remember which), the score was only 58-56, and the second time only 97-93. Going by what the judges thought, it was a pretty close fight throughout.

Who you all think Floyd fights in Sept? My money is on Khan. Would make for a much more entertaining fight

I read it can't be Khan because a fight in September would "fall too close to the end of Ramadan for him to get comfortably ready to fight, and certainly at this level." I hear it should be Keith Thurman. He has a 25-0 record with 21 of those victories being KO's, is young and in his prime, and is considered a good puncher.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Nobody with the choice between being a successful boxer or mixed martial artist is going to choose MMA. His statement was asinine. In MMA you are UFC or bust, and even then you aren't guaranteed to make a decent living off of fighting. Any ranked boxer is living very well.
Ya. This ufc dominated format is really bad for the sport. Boxing's ranking is a lot fairer and way more global. Doesn't matter where you are or from what organization you come from, as long as you stack up wins and belts, you're climbing the ladder. I do admit I am finding little difference from amateur boxing judges to pro-boxing judges, but that in no way makes boxing any less prestigious, much less a "joke.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So anyone who watches boxing and knows about the game has to agree it was a masterclass by Floyd in how to gameplan and outbox an opponent, it didn't make for a great fight ofc, but the skills to outclass somebody that much was impressive

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Who you all think Floyd fights in Sept? My money is on Khan. Would make for a much more entertaining fight
Khan is fasting for Ramadan. Is Cotto vs Canelo signed yet? A MW bout could be marketable for his last fight, the Cotto rematch was rumoured for last night wasn't it?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yeah, let's apply the Womenbeater logic to everyone.
It makes sense though, if boxing is full of failed MMA fighters surely the top boxers in MMA would come in, clean shop and get more money.

Also which rounds did you score for manny? I can't justify giving him any more than 4 and those weren't 10-8s or anything.

I've read plenty of comments from people by now who love boxing but hate Floyd because his style is boring to watch in every fight, and that's an opinion held not just by fans but among a lot of other boxers as well.

And I fail to see how Manny was "dominated" when he got in plenty of good hits and was the aggressor in the fight. If he took the same boring approach that Mayweather does, there wouldn't have even been much of a fight at all. If I recall, the official score at the end was 116-112. I'd call a four point difference pretty close. The first time they showed the score card (which was after the fifth or sixth round, can't remember which), the score was only 58-56, and the second time only 97-93. Going by what the judges thought, it was a pretty close fight throughout.

Not to be a dick but you do understand the 10 points must system? Being 4 points down means he's 4 rounds down (the winner of the round gets 10 points with the other 9 or less). It's very rare to get anything bar a 10-9 also.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
I dunno man, the overall impression is Manny was kind of... better:

Clean punching: Floyd obviously, despite being defensive.
Effective aggressiveness: Manny obviously, despite not being so "effective".
Ring generalship: Manny again, for the sheer fact he was trying to do some actual boxing instead of dancing away
Defense: Floyd obviously.

But then again, I might not be able to look further than my bias.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

I read it can't be Khan because a fight in September would "fall too close to the end of Ramadan for him to get comfortably ready to fight, and certainly at this level." I hear it should be Keith Thurman. He has a 25-0 record with 21 of those victories being KO's, is young and in his prime, and is considered a good puncher.
Manny hit Floyd 81 times in 12 rounds. And one judge had it 118-110. 10 rounds to 2. The same score I've seen from many many others. I have zero idea what the judges who scored 4 rounds for Manny were watching honestly. The fight wasn't close. Most of the "hits' you think Manny landed were not connecting at all despite the crowd reaction. That's why when they show slow motion replays in between rounds you see Floyd masterfully defending every lame ass lunging attempt from Manny.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Also I refuse to believe that any real boxing fan calls Floyd's style boring. If you can't appreciate how he embarrasses opponents than you should just stick to watching knockout reels because the sport isn't for you.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Mayweather is a defensive boxer and the best counter-puncher around, a deadly combo that has never lost him a fight. Masterful is what that is.
I guess those calling it boring wanted huge uppercuts and KO's, that's not what boxing is all about. Fun though it is.