Malakai Black takes some time off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I have two and it's that Tony either assumed he was staying no questions asked and had plans for it (might have been the shitty Lambert ones but still plans), or it was to get Cody to stay :lol

Not sure which is worse tho bc both are shit reasons lol
yeah both terrible I agree, because why the fuck are you sacrificing Black for Cody to stay like that's some good booking for either guy. WTF was the retirement bullshit too?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The obvious answer that correlates with everything Black himself has said and not dirt sheets rumors is that booking had nothing to do with him wanting out lol
yeah that would be the most logical answer, you're probably right.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The obvious answer that correlates with everything Black himself has said and not dirt sheets rumors is that booking had nothing to do with him wanting out lol
What was your interpretation of the "and with the combination of the promises in my professional field that were not upheld" line btw?

Even if that line is to do with booking promises, it was just one of several reasons he had for wanting out I guess.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What was your interpretation of the "and with the combination of the promises in my professional field that were not upheld" line btw?

Even if that line is to do with booking promises, it was just one of several reasons he had for wanting out I guess.

Oh well I have no interpretation because I only skimmed the post and if thats one line I missed it :lol

That changes thing then, I'd be curious what they were. Would have to assume booking bc the only other alternative is payment and I doubt that was an issue?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I could def see him being annoyed that the HOB angle was heavily put on the backburner due to Fenix being hurt and them feuding with Death Triangle, probably should have just pivoted from the original plans but without knowing all the details it's hard to say bc it later came out that both Black and Buddy were working hurt at the time too and that made way more sense to me why the angle was stretched out

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Oh well I have no interpretation because I only skimmed the post and if thats one line I missed it :lol

That changes thing then, I'd be curious what they were. Would have to assume booking bc the only other alternative is payment and I doubt that was an issue?
It's really hard and pretty unclear to me. Some times I feel like he's trying to say HE didn't hold up his end of the bargain professionally so to speak because of their injuries and the mental toll he was going through but then I read it again and feel like he was promised things that they didn't deliver on themselves.

Reactions: Chris

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

Tbf he said over 2 years which includes his WWE time. So it could have been related to both

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Makes sense to me that he wants to go back to WWE. Hunter is in charge and was a big fan of his when he was in NXT, also his wife works there.
I wouldn't mind if he jumped ships although I like the HoB stable.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If he jumped ship, I'd have nuclear heat with Black.

AEW picked his ass up and gave him a lucrative deal, hired his friends at his request and was left to do whatever he seemingly wanted.

Then again, even if he didn't, and it's all him still in his feels....zero sympy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler