Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You could also just let people beef. Its the internet, drama kind of adds to the fun of it lol. Not every outburst of drama needs to be managed or quelled unless they are legit going too far. Imo anyway. I know you are invested in these people but you seem to stress yourself out about everything
If people wanna beef, I don’t really care. I’m not trying to force TP and Grim to be friends.

What shouldn’t be happening is people trying to intentionally cause problems. Coming into signups to to say you aren’t playing and stirring up trouble from the previous game because you have issues with the mod doesn’t help and it lead to Barry cancelling his game.

The thing also is mafia here went too unmoderated for so long that there’s a lot of people that don’t want to play because most people just want to play a game and have fun.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I'd also like to throw my hat into the mix

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I am now believing that mafia, a party game, was made by those sneaky Russians as way to spread hysteria and paranoia throughout and ruin people or at least show their worse side. Because I thought some of the games I played where bad, but these past pages have shown the insanity of a simple game can cause.
I think it was legit invented by a Russian kek

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Btw y’all know my opinion on moderating mafia games etc but since you guys actually do seem to want a friendlier, less competitive environment than perhaps you can look at incorporating the mafia jail system that was used on PerC when I used to play there (I may or may not have done some hard time :side: )

obviously you don’t just use that for the sake of it. Implement some warnings first etc… but if you don’t heed warnings or you go too far to the point where a warning wouldn’t be enough, you can get put into mafia jail (you’d have to keep a thread so it can be updated). Being in jail means you can’t play in games, so depending on stuff like severity, repeated offences etc you decide the length of term they’re gonna face (1 game, 2 game, 6 game or w/e)

probably more useful than banning people from the whole site in any case

tho the problem is obviously that it’s a balancing act when you’ve got such a tiny section and need all the players you can get lol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
An actual site ban over mafia is pretty rare. Unless it was egregious, a section ban is more appropriate. Even then, we haven’t done it. People just need to tone it down when asked to by the host or a mod.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That jail thing sounds exactly like a sectional ban. Yeah.

Even then, would rather just give warnings and hope people listen.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
BtW we want competitive, but you don’t need to tell someone they suck at life for playing poorly to achieve it lol

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
An actual site ban over mafia is pretty rare. Unless it was egregious, a section ban is more appropriate. Even then, we haven’t done it. People just need to tone it down when asked to by the host or a mod.
Yeah I wasn’t saying that because it’s currently a common occurrence (though I would say the few that did happen have had profound impacts on the section). I was more meaning you guys clearly need some sort of deterrent as the current system isn’t working, but actual bans seem a bit too far down the road. I think this might work

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
That jail thing sounds exactly like a sectional ban. Yeah.

Even then, would rather just give warnings and hope people listen.
Not a section ban as they could still post in Gen discussion, post game etc etc

just couldn’t play in actual games until their time is up

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah I wasn’t saying that because it’s currently a common occurrence (though I would say the few that did happen have had profound impacts on the section). I was more meaning you guys clearly need some sort of deterrent as the current system isn’t working, but actual bans seem a bit too far down the road. I think this might work
I’m willing to try it. I meant it when I said I’d give someone the keys to implement this system or something like it to get mafia back under control.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
And then also don’t villainise people that actually do suffer stints in jail either as that would breed further resentment

on some level you also just have to kind of accept that this shit happens in mafia. Idk what WC was like and judging by the way you guys react to stuff maybe that really was an exception but I’ve played mafia on 5-6 different sites and I’ve never found one where this kind of stuff doesn’t happen at least occasionally

this section is quite bad atm with toxicity, I think it’s mostly down to it being a bit cliquey but I’m not entirely sure how you can combat that

I do think people need to be better at just getting over it once the game is gone. If you are still mad once the game is over then hash it out in post game but once you move onto the next game it really needs to be forgotten. I’ve been in a million knock down, drag out fights during games and not once have I held onto a grudge or took it into the next game. Shit happens in the heat of battle. Mafia is a pressure cooker

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And then also don’t villainise people that actually do suffer stints in jail either as that would breed further resentment

on some level you also just have to kind of accept that this shit happens in mafia. Idk what WC was like and judging by the way you guys react to stuff maybe that really was an exception but I’ve played mafia on 5-6 different sites and I’ve never found one where this kind of stuff doesn’t happen at least occasionally

this section is quite bad atm with toxicity, I think it’s mostly down to it being a bit cliquey but I’m not entirely sure how you can combat that

I do think people need to be better at just getting over it once the game is gone. If you are still mad once the game is over then hash it out in post game but once you move onto the next game it really needs to be forgotten. I’ve been in a million knock down, drag out fights during games and not once have I held onto a grudge or took it into the next game. Shit happens in the heat of battle. Mafia is a pressure cooker
This post is what I’ve been saying this past month. Especially the final paragraph. I don’t want to punish people for getting aggressive in mafia. I just ask when it gets there to tone it down and chill out. If that issue still lingers by the time the game is over, hash it out in post. Just don’t bring it back when a new game starts. Mafia is a game that gets excitable, but it’s still just a game. We want to have fun. We don’t need to be having the same fights for 3 months straight. Hash it out and move on.