Mafia General Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And then also don’t villainise people that actually do suffer stints in jail either as that would breed further resentment

on some level you also just have to kind of accept that this shit happens in mafia. Idk what WC was like and judging by the way you guys react to stuff maybe that really was an exception but I’ve played mafia on 5-6 different sites and I’ve never found one where this kind of stuff doesn’t happen at least occasionally

this section is quite bad atm with toxicity, I think it’s mostly down to it being a bit cliquey but I’m not entirely sure how you can combat that

I do think people need to be better at just getting over it once the game is gone. If you are still mad once the game is over then hash it out in post game but once you move onto the next game it really needs to be forgotten. I’ve been in a million knock down, drag out fights during games and not once have I held onto a grudge or took it into the next game. Shit happens in the heat of battle. Mafia is a pressure cooker
I agree about the cliques. I think there’s some small disagreements about how to moderate mafia, but I feel the three cliques have blow up to be larger issues because for some reason we want to stick to these cliques. I honestly believe if the WF guys came back, the WS guys chilled out about them, and the WC guys gave it a chance, the section here would be fucking killer. We have well over 30 people that have played at least one game here over the last two years.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I agree about the cliques. I think there’s some small disagreements about how to moderate mafia, but I feel the three cliques have blow up to be larger issues because for some reason we want to stick to these cliques. I honestly believe if the WF guys came back, the WS guys chilled out about them, and the WC guys gave it a chance, the section here would be fucking killer. We have well over 30 people that have played at least one game here over the last two years.
I think that ship has sailed unfortunately, as we managed to take in the riff raff like @Ultra from the site we moved to and actually got a bigger section, with functionality which basically matches here and with little mod intervention. Obv some hurt feelings there on both sides as well.

That said, maybe we should look at some inter promotional stuff that @Vinegar has mentioned. I know we have a relationship with WG where we can advertise our games on there, they can advertise their games with us etc and I do believe it quite helps with getting games filled.

Tbf, our site owner doesn’t give a rats ass if other forums get mentioned or advertised on our site and he even encourages it as he believes it helps more than hinders especially now forums are a bit of a dying breed. So really it would just need to be you that needs to have a think about it.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I think that ship has sailed unfortunately, as we managed to take in the riff raff like @Ultra from the site we moved to and actually got a bigger section, with functionality which basically matches here and with little mod intervention. Obv some hurt feelings there on both sides as well.

That said, maybe we should look at some inter promotional stuff that @Vinegar has mentioned. I know we have a relationship with WG where we can advertise our games on there, they can advertise their games with us etc and I do believe it quite helps with getting games filled.

Tbf, our site owner doesn’t give a rats ass if other forums get mentioned or advertised on our site and he even encourages it as he believes it helps more than hinders especially now forums are a bit of a dying breed. So really it would just need to be you that needs to have a think about it.
The bear!!!!!

Reactions: Ultra

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

No one is saying that you’d abandon where you’re playing now, but only two months ago several people were playing at both. There’s very little reason that can’t continue with maybe getting a couple more to play here again.

I have no problem with that intersectional approach. Whomever wants the keys can certainly try it.

Reactions: Poyser

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I will say the funny thing though about Mafia is I think there’s a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to what people say they want. Like we’ve tried the little mod intervention thing many times, and it almost always winds up where eventually there’s a person you don’t like and then you ask for mod invention or get mad when there isn’t. The thing with deciding on a path is you have to pick a lane and then stick with it

Last edited:

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I will say the funny thing though about Mafia is I think there’s a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to what people say they want. Like we’ve tried the little mod intervention thing many times, and it almost always winds up where eventually there’s a person you don’t like and then you ask for mod invention or get mad when there isn’t. The thing with deciding on a path is you have to pick a lane and then stick with it
Tiffy my name plz

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Eh I think if you’re aiming this at us, we are quite happy for zero intervention. And if you’re referencing the juice thing I think that was a result of a vicious circle and as a result of the fact that we had guys that got perm banned and not able to have them lifted even after about 18 months and it was felt that others were getting away with murder. It was a culmination of excessive mod intervention and people were like “but what about this guy”. Not denying it got stupid toxic towards the end tho and I’d much rather things have gone differently.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Eh I think if you’re aiming this at us, we are quite happy for zero intervention. And if you’re referencing the juice thing I think that was a result of a vicious circle and as a result of the fact that we had guys that got perm banned and not able to have them lifted even after about 18 months and it was felt that others were getting away with murder. It was a culmination of excessive mod intervention and people were like “but what about this guy”. Not denying it got stupid toxic towards the end tho and I’d much rather things have gone differently.
Both the Juice situation, and the more recent Jeff situation.

The most recent blowup that caused all the drama we’re dealing with right now comes from a game that Barry was hosting that I was playing and people got mad at me for not moderating it when I was playing it.

No, nobody has been banned that you’re referring to because of anything they did in the game. It was for things that are outside of the game and other sections of the forum. You can have no mod intervention in mafia if you keep it in mafia, but if you come to the Chat and start causing drama, or you start posting pictures of people that were posted in discord or you flame people incessantly in other sections of the forum, then yeah they might get banned for that.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
In general I’d rather mod (impose punishment) as little as possible.

People just gotta meet you somewhere halfway.

Ultra

Reaction score
No one is saying that you’d abandon where you’re playing now, but only two months ago several people were playing at both. There’s very little reason that can’t continue with maybe getting a couple more to play here again.

I have no problem with that intersectional approach. Whomever wants the keys can certainly try it.

Yeah sorry kid they played one game with me and they were hooked, naturally. I keep telling them to throw you a bone but they can't get off mine.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah sorry kid they played one game with me and they were hooked, naturally. I keep telling them to throw you a bone but they can't get off mine.
You can play with them and you can play with us ultra. Come sign up for my game.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Should encourage all active players here to play elsewhere and have links to other forums posted somewhere.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Also create amnesty. Especially if players are banned and discussing changing status