Lita is one of, if not, the toughest Diva/female wrestler in WWE history?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lita is one of, if not, the toughest and most durable Diva/female wrestler in WWE history?

• Agree

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
I mean really, which other female wrestlers in the WWE(other than maybe Trish Stratus and a lot of female TNA wrestlers) is willing enough to sell the pedigree from Triple H, then sell the Stone Cold Stunner from Stone Cold Steve Austin and then take multiple chairshots from Steve Austin all in one Raw show? Not to mention that her and Victoria are the only two divas in the WWE who've ever competed in a Steel Cage match. People often give Chyna too much credit for bringing a lot of attention to women's wrestling and breaking the gender barrier between Champion belts but I've never seen Chyna once competed in a Steel Cage or even a Hardcore match. She may have competed with mostly male wrestler but I've honestly never recalled Chyna ever competing in extreme and dangerous matches that only male wrestlers compete in.

My vote would be for Beth Pheonix...period...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Bob Holly can vouch for this. There was a show were he was supposed to clothesline Mae, and Mae being an old lady and all Holly decided to go soft on her, to which Mae replied with "what are you, a smurf?".

Long story short: He stiffed her and all she said was "now that's a fucking clothesline".

I know the cliche is overused, but with Mae Young it actually applies. They broke the mold when they made that girl.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Idk if this gonna sound fucked up but they need to bring back guys putting their hands on women in the WWE. It made the male wrestlers who did (the heels) look like extreme assholes and made the female wrestlers who took those moves tough. The same can be said about the women who did their shit on men too. I think that's what makes Candice LeRae and Ivelisse so bad ass
That would be good but unfortunately, we live in a very politically correct and overly sensitive era where this won't happen in the WWE anymore and with the WWE being the most mainstream pro wrestling organization in the world and having a clear stance against domestic violence, I don't think this will ever happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
That would be good but unfortunately, we live in a very politically correct and overly sensitive era where this won't happen in the WWE anymore and with the WWE being the most mainstream pro wrestling organization in the world and having a clear stance against domestic violence, I don't think this will ever happen anytime soon.

It's stuff like this that makes me sad. I'm not being politically correct, I just straight up don't want to watch women get abused. Politics and attitudes have changed (somewhat) so companies need to reflect that.

Men abusing women out of the ring is just lazy writing- like making all females play the 'slut' role. Just because it's the quickest way to get heat, it doesn't automatically make it the best. If creative can't think of other creative ways to do inter-gender story lines, then they have no place being on a creative team in the first place.
Just for the record, I'm in no way against intergender matches; I've really enjoyed the majority of the ones I've watched.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stopspot

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
It's stuff like this that makes me sad. I'm not being politically correct, I just straight up don't want to watch women get abused. Politics and attitudes have changed (somewhat) so companies need to reflect that.

Men abusing women out of the ring is just lazy writing- like making all females play the 'slut' role. Just because because it's the quickest way to get heat, it doesn't automatically make it the best. If creative can't think of other creative ways to do inter-gender story lines, then they have no place being on a creative team in the first place.
Just for the record, I'm in no way against intergender matches; I've really enjoyed the majority of the ones I've watched.

I mean it's not to say that a male wrestling beating up a female wrestler is the most exciting part about pro wrestling but come on, things like this happen in the real world and people need to stop being in denial about it. Not that I'm saying that the pro wrestling violence should be as realistic as it is in real life but people have to accept that there are a lot women these days who are willing to put themselves at harm by man at their own free will(for example, the military, law enforcement, etc.) and people have to get used to it. If a female wrestler chose to sell to be pedigreed by Triple H and lose the match cleanly(with the match lasting as long as a male vs male match usually do), then that's her own choice. I just think we as a society need to stop micromanaging everything. We already know between from right and wrong and we know that on average, men are more physically capable than women. Society needs to stop imposing such things on us. We all watch pro wrestling to be entertained, not have too many "moral" values shoved down our throats.

But as for what you're really implying, I can understand where you come from, as you said it's rather more of a laziness of the writer thing rather than being PC or morally correct.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I mean it's not to say that a male wrestling beating up a female wrestler is the most exciting part about pro wrestling but come on, things like this happen in the real world and people need to stop being in denial about it. Not that I'm saying that the pro wrestling violence should be as realistic as it is in real life but people have to accept that there are a lot women these days who are willing to put themselves at harm by man at their own free will(for example, the military, law enforcement, etc.) and people have to get used to it. If a female wrestler chose to sell to be pedigreed by Triple H and lose the match cleanly(with the match lasting as long as a male vs male match usually do), then that's her own choice. I just think we as a society need to stop micromanaging everything. We already know between from right and wrong and we know that on average, men are more physically capable than women. Society needs to stop imposing such things on us. We all watch pro wrestling to be entertained, not have too many "moral" values shoved down our throats.

But as for what you're really implying, I can understand where you come from, as you said it's rather more of a laziness of the writer thing rather than being PC or morally correct.
Just because women and children get abused in real life doesn't mean I want to see it on my TV. Intergender matches are okay. But that doesn't mean we need Caveman Dudley boy rip offs going around attacking women backstage just because "it happens in real life". That's stupid writing.

Besides, the more stuff like that is on TV, the more people will get desensitized, which is not what we need as a society.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Just because women and children get abused in real life doesn't mean I want to see it on my TV. Intergender matches are okay. But that doesn't mean we need Caveman Dudley boy rip offs going around attacking women backstage just because "it happens in real life". That's stupid writing.

Besides, the more stuff like that is on TV, the more people will get desensitized, which is not what we need as a society.

That's understandable but there's a difference between women and children. A woman can at least leave in abusive personal situations. Children have little to no choices since the beginning until by luck, somone finally sees it and have the CPS look at it and takes action about it but even then, the CPS doesn't even do a good job.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score

But as for what you're really implying, I can understand where you come from, as you said it's rather more of a laziness of the wrtier thing rather than being PC or morally correct.

I don't think you get where I'm coming from at all. Yeah, men abusing women does happen in the real world, nobody here is denying it, but why do I want to watch some woman get the piss knocked out of her for the sake of a guy getting heat? Just like I don't want to see a kid get molested on TV, I know it happens in real life.
Women in law enforcement or whatever have literally nothing to do with this argument at all. In case you don't realise, I'm a woman and one that is more than happy at the prospect of females doing typically 'male' jobs.

That's understandable but there's a difference between women and children. A woman can at least leave in abusive personal situations. Children have little to no choices since the beginning until by luck, somone finally sees it and have the CPS look at it and takes action about it but even then, the CPS doesn't even do a good job.

Stop that shit right now. If you assume all women can just up and leave an abusive relationship you need to get educated. That often is not the case at all.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I think you are missing my point if that is what you are focusing in on. A woman can leave an abusive relationship but that takes a hell of a woman and it's only like 1 in a thousand if even that, but that doesn't mean we have to have men beating on women in media, let alone in wrestling, a business that was born with a bad reputation to begin with. The "it happens in real life" argument is one of the dumbest arguments in this entire debate subject. People die in real life too, do we have to shoot death angles or have people legit die in ring then as well? See how silly that argument sounds?

Wrestling needs to move forward, not backward. Progress not regress. The attitude era was a flash in the pan that happened because all those puzzle pieces fit. 90's society was jaded because there was no great social and cultural conflict.

Man on woman violence has as much a place in 2015 wrestling as monkeys with knives.

An intergender match is one thing, a man putting a woman through a table to get a pop or heat is Blue and the sign of a writing crew that needs to be fired.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't think you get where I'm coming from at all. Yeah, men abusing women does happen in the real world, nobody here is denying it, but why do I want to watch some woman get the piss knocked out of her for the sake of a guy getting heat? Just like I don't want to see a kid get molested on TV, I know it happens in real life.
Women in law enforcement or whatever have literally nothing to do with this argument at all. In case you don't realise, I'm a woman and one that is more than happy at the prospect of females doing typically 'male' jobs.

Stop that shit right now. If you assume all women can just up and leave an abusive relationship you need to get educated. That often is not the case at all.
Well I'm sorry that my statement here sounds to offensive to you but it's true. I knew many women in abusive relationships who had the chances to report their abusers. In fact, I recall being a witness of a female DV victim and tried to help her yet she made a choice to refuse and defend her abuser rather than calling the police and showing the very clear bruises and scars that she had. If I could, I would have certainly done more to help but I had the feeling that if I did help, I'll just end up getting hurt for nothing and taken for granted(Especially since there were many cases where the abused women defend their abusers and end up having the men helping her, hurt).

And BTW, no where did I imply that having children being molested live on TV was ever okay to display.

Last edited:

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Well I'm sorry that my statement here sounds to offensive to you but it's true. I knew many women in abusive relationships who were had the chances to report their abusers. In fact, I recall being a witness of a female DV victim and tried to help her yet she made a choice to refuse and defend her abuser rather than calling the police and showing the very clear bruises and scars that she had. If I could, I would have certainly done more to help but I had the feeling that if I did help, I'll just end up getting hurt for nothing and taken for granted.

And BTW, no where did I imply that having children being molested live on TV was ever okay to display.

It's not as simple as a you make out. Typically, it isn't just physical abuse that happens- it's psychological. Abusers generally convince their victims that they aren't worth anything better and that they won't find anybody else who'll love them. It continues for months or even years. Some women are told if they ever leave their abuser, he'll find them and kill them or harm their kids (if there are kids involved) and that actually has happened.
Seriously, read into abuse and you'll see how your statement isn't correct.

I know you didn't say molesting kids on TV was okay, but why should domestic violence be okay to display?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rule one of abuse: Make the victim think that they deserve it.

Sad but true

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Welcome to WWEF, where threads about former great woman wrestlers turns into a debate about domestic violence.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
It's not as simple as a you make out. Typically, it isn't just physical abuse that happens- it's psychological. Abusers generally convince their victims that they aren't worth anything better and that they won't find anybody else who'll love them. It continues for months or even years. Some women are told if they ever leave their abuser, he'll find them and kill them or harm their kids (if there are kids involved) and that actually has happened.
Seriously, read into abuse and you'll see how your statement isn't correct.

I know you didn't say molesting kids on TV was okay, but why should domestic violence be okay to display?

I'll probably get a lot of heat in here for saying my honest opinion on this very controverial issue but here's my take. I tend to look at Child Abuse(in general) a little worse than Domestic Violence. My reason for is that typically, children(of both genders) are the least capable of defending themselves from abuse, just behind the average woman(in terms of capability). I've also witnessed a few cases at a park in my area where people will ignore a child running from an aggressive adult(who may look like just a parent disciplining their children but may be very abusive at home for all we know) but they will more than likely help a woman if they see something even just slightly wrong between her and her partner.

There, I stated my take on it(to your question at the very end of your previous response). If you have harsh words to say about why I look at the very controversial issue this way, then go ahead. It's not going to get us anywhere nor will it change my viewpoint.

Last edited:

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Welcome to WWEF, where threads about former great woman wrestlers turns into a debate about domestic violence.
Sorry I had to bring that up but just making a point on where the WWE business is going(not that it's totally a bad thing) partially relating to this issue.