Let's talk phobias

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Right, so there was a thread on this that I was going to bump but it was locked so I'll make a new one.

Phobias are very common. Some people have more than one. Me, I'm absolutely terrified of snakes and spiders.

Now obviously I'm interested in hearing people share but I have a more specific purpose to this thread.

Have any of you actually successfully overcome a phobia?

I ask because I have this crazy fascination with snakes. I think that they are some of the most beautiful, fascinating creatures ever but I literally become paralyzed with fear around them. This is something that I would love to overcome one day and I know that there are methods for overcoming them but I'm curious if anybody here has any experience with that type of counseling or if they managed to do it by themselves and how.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
For years I was scared shitless of the dentist, wisdom teeth kept bugging me and I would rather deal with the pain of biting my cheeks off than getting them pulled. Few months ago I had a severe toothache, and after 2 days it was only getting worse, decided it was time to face that fear and get it pulled, I have now gone in every 3 weeks to get another wisdom tooth pulled, and had my last pulled today. Cant really say I overcame the fear, as I still become very nervous just thinking about having another appointment, but from here on out its only cleanings & regular visits, so I doubt much of the anxiety will remain.

For dealing with snakes, do some research and find a relatively small breed that is non lethal, or has no venom at all, this way you know it cannot kill you, and should help relieve some of your tension enough that you can say you have handled a snake. The Reptile Store(a local shop that has a lot of popularity for housing Damien when he was not on the road, and even supplying Alice Cooper for his stage shows) does festivals all the time, and they are great with helping people who have any bit of anxiety around any reptile, and even have larger breeds of snakes. I wouldn't be surprised to find out there was a store, or breeder in your area that does similar things.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I have a very severe fear of Motorcycle's! And I'm not big on snakes either...!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I find stepping on spiders helps.

I hate bees of any kind. I'm always afraid they are coming to sting me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not a fan of snakes at all so try to steer clear of them when possibly. Unfortunately a mate of mine that lives only a few minutes away had a brown snake on his front door the other day so they are in the area this season.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I'm also just flat out petrified of snakes.... had a 6 year old girl chase me around with a baby garter snake at a party once, not one of my finer moments.... Used to be very scared of heights but i've overcome it for the most part just by facing the fear... I've now been to the top of the empire state building (and several others) and was at the grand canyon and leaned out over the edge..... I'd like to think I could do the same with snakes, especially cause I don't want my kids to see how I react to them, but I can't even go into the reptile room at the zoo knowing that they are in there

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Airplanes. I'm not afraid of heights, but 9/11 fucked me up. Every time I'm on a plane I'm looking around for suspicious people, probably just creeping everyone else out in the process. And turbulance really makes me lose my shit. Alcohol helps a little.