Let the Past Die: The Skywalker Saga - A Star Wars Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
It’s certainly an unfortunate coincidence if that’s what it is lol

Are dooku and windu related or associated at all?

Moot point, but still, NERD

Dooku was originally a Jedi who grew tired of their ways, and he was intrigued, then ultimately seduced by the dark side (although not fully, as their is conjecture over if he's Count Dooku or Darth Tyrannus). Dooku was a former padawan (student) of Yoda. Dooku trained qui Gon Jinn (who trained Obi Wan, who guided/co-trained Luke with Yoda).

Windu was very close to being a Grey Jedi as he appreciated the dark side but resisted it's seductive powers, which enabled him to become a very accustomed wielder of the lightsaber. In fact his fighting form, Vapad, was almost powerful enough (some believe did) to defeat Sidious in their showdown before Anakin turned heel.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Moot point, but still, NERD

Dooku was originally a Jedi who grew tired of their ways, and he was intrigued, then ultimately seduced by the dark side (although not fully, as their is conjecture over if he's Count Dooku or Darth Tyrannus). Dooku was a former padawan (student) of Yoda. Dooku trained qui Gon Jinn (who trained Obi Wan, who guided/co-trained Luke with Yoda).

Windu was very close to being a Grey Jedi as he appreciated the dark side but resisted it's seductive powers, which enabled him to become a very accustomed wielder of the lightsaber. In fact his fighting form, Vapad, was almost powerful enough (some believe did) to defeat Sidious in their showdown before Anakin turned heel.

yeah that sounds right. I didn't even watch the prequels outside the 1st one (which made me so mad I swore off the other 2 kek)

And yeah, from the small clip I did see, Samuel L Jackson pretty much kicks Sidious's ass and sidious only really wins by playing possum to turn anakin into his lil bitch

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Grey Jedis though :banderas: seriously if you RPG nerds havent played KOTOR you are seriously missing out on one of the best

Ace

Reaction score
So Boba was town after all. I'm sorry, E-V, I take full blame for that saga as I'm the one who first sprung a glimpse at a potential botch which was then run with by Ace and Jeff.

Also, EV2.0, I was trusting my gut instinct of Fett not being town aligned and was going to bed, hence forth I parked my vote on you and left it there.

People questioning why I didn't vote Brutus, do you seriously think I'm going to get anything started there?

re: Ace - I thought I had a case, Ace gave sound reasoning to my questions, so I dropped it. Pursuing a lost cause is an asinine mission.

Really? I don't recall following your lead on anything of the sort. Jeff started our argument by wanting EV to claim alongside his orange town statement, which I picked up on and we continued on our foolish mission together.

Most likely you'd be looking at Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine), Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker), General Grievous, Dooku has flipped, then there's a chance of Darth Maul (from Phantom Menace and later Clone Wars series), Inquisitors.

Jabba the Hutt (and the Hutts as a whole) could be somewhat involved, as could the Knights of Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma.

With Dooku flipping though, I think scum is soley sith and sith allies (so no first order),
They were betrayed by Sidious during Revenge of the Sith, basically used as pawns in his game to conquer the galaxy. Also, Vader was sent to Mustafa to wipe them out in cold blood, much like he did younglins and Tusken raiders before that
Could you NERD for me why us Confederacy guys would be town but Dooku would be scum? What I have now (and yes, I have something) doesn't feel like enough justification alone.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Really? I don't recall following your lead on anything of the sort. Jeff started our argument by wanting EV to claim alongside his orange town statement, which I picked up on and we continued on our foolish mission together.

Could you NERD for me why us Confederacy guys would be town but Dooku would be scum? What I have now (and yes, I have something) doesn't feel like enough justification alone.

Look at Chris's PM even, it's there. Dooku turned into a Sith Lord (Tyranus)

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
The first post I actually liked at the time, but the "No buys on my Ace sentiments" feels like he's drawing attention to him being busy here.

Or frustration that people had overlooked my posts like they usually do when I'm building a case, but never when they want to paint me with a bad picture.

This just felt odd, if it looks vintage scum Brutus - why not vote him and follow Odo on pressuring him? Could this be Lethal trying to not follow Odo too strongly?

Valid connection indeed, but no. a) I'm not that clever; and b) I was still concerned with Ace. I wasn't going to spread my eggs into multiple baskets by pursuing Brutus whose activity has been limited. Ace has been posting and contributing.

Although I do like these posts following up on Ace but he has to be forced by Poyser to elaborate, but Ace did show up 5 mins after the "No buys" comment.

Poyser asked me to elaborate whilst I was away. It was important to me that I did so. Ace did show up, and had some answers which is why I said I wasn't overly satisfied with them. I elaborated, doubled down, Ace explained himself and I backed off. The fact I'm having to explain this is disappointing. Feels like that game where you and Poyser put 50 questions to me.

This again feels like he's chasing Ace to look busy and isn't actually contributing that much to the main wagons ongoing in the thread. He then drops it at Ace just repeating himself about if I'm scum, I don't interfere with Jeff/Tweet at the start of the day lol.

I was happy with his answers.

He then has a quick pop at OMB but doesn't follow up with anything.

Again, what do I achieve voting for OMB of following up anything? He's popped in and out, isn't following the game thread (as evident with vote of Odo during the night phase) and is tiresome to exchange with from previous experiences (full PAL disclosure, it's hard for me to have a proper conversation with him).

And he seems awfully thirsty chasing my lynch here, almost as if "right, it's at 7. It'll be done by the time I'm back"

Looks like a lot of busy work and an opportunist vote on myself to try and get the mislynch through IMO. Distanced himself with Ace with his mini push that he dropped very quickly and calling out Brutus & OMB with no other action about it.

There was no vote count, and I wanted to know the number you were on.

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
yeah that sounds right. I didn't even watch the prequels outside the 1st one (which made me so mad I swore off the other 2 kek)

And yeah, from the small clip I did see, Samuel L Jackson pretty much kicks Sidious's ass and sidious only really wins by playing possum to turn anakin into his lil bitch

He absolutely battered him :banderas:

At the sacrifice of Kit Fisto tho :(

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I'll at least take some credit for this btw.

:pals:

Your readbacks are what flagged him for me to try and get the duel lol

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ

Revenge of the Sith deserves a watch. Best of the prequels, 3rd fave of mine from the entire saga.

Sidious won because he corrupted Anakin to deny Windu his chance to execute him and end the war for good. No Anakin heel turn, and Windu kills Palpatine

I noticed he mentioned galactic empire, not republic. You guys went into colour.

Dooku was a Sith, the confederates were his minions.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
So Boba was town after all. I'm sorry, E-V, I take full blame for that saga as I'm the one who first sprung a glimpse at a potential botch which was then run with by Ace and Jeff.

Also, EV2.0, I was trusting my gut instinct of Fett not being town aligned and was going to bed, hence forth I parked my vote on you and left it there.

People questioning why I didn't vote Brutus, do you seriously think I'm going to get anything started there?

re: Ace - I thought I had a case, Ace gave sound reasoning to my questions, so I dropped it. Pursuing a lost cause is an asinine mission.

What about your gut instinct made you swing your feelings about me D1?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Idk why he bothered bringing those other losers though, they don't even try :heston

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Okay so I get that I look bad off of that. Which is unfortunate as I'm town.

Before I get into my responses, why do people keep saying two non-town died? EV was clearly town tracker.

I understand this looks bad. But I genuinely just fucked up - they both have the 'u' at the end of their name which is why I confused the two. I know this looks silly but it's genuinely what happened.

See above.

No. I was doing a readback so there may have been a time gap but iirc Big Man had arrived a couple pages back at most.

See above

Yeah I understand this looks bad, it is genuinely just a stupid mistake by me confusing the two but given the nature of Chris' claim I realise this is going to be something I can't really defend even though it genuinely is the case that I just confused the names and am not scum

Going back at you wasn't about OMGUSing, it was about the way you were posting. Read back on the games before the one we played and I even actively noted my own meta of trusting guys who focus on me so this doesn't realy fly.

You literally said yourself that your flip offers value so its hardly like i'm taking a strange stance.

giphy.gif

No buys, I'm sorry Ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.