Let the Past Die: The Skywalker Saga - A Star Wars Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
In case neither of you are around when day starts @Poyser @CraigPelton we are assuming that Odo has capitulated at this point, correct?

Reactions: CraigPelton

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
I’m here. :cal3

Big Man hasn’t posted yet either, why didn’t you mention him?
Oh dear

Brutus u scum?
Vote Brutus
Not sure Odo puts pressure on a scummate who has a history of folding under pressure (Odo encouraged others to vote Brutus as well, crucially)
Maybe I'm a derp, but Odo could you explain you and Jeff's reasoning for voting Brutus wrt his alleged entrance?
Not sure Barry asks this question if Odo is on his team unless he's planning on joining the wagon, which I don't think he did
unvote

I don't think that last post is scum making a case against town.
Seems like a genuine reaction to EV making a multiquote on Barry, it came 2 minutes after EV's posts though which seems quick to me. Also seemed quick to Odo though!
er, did you read it?

thst was an awful quick assessment
I skimmed it, it helps that I still remember most of Barrys posts that EV brought up off the top of my head.
tbh I skimmed it too. I was feeling good about EV all game though. Tweet was just voting him so I'm a little surprised he skimmed a post by someone he was suspicious of. Kind of leaning town on Tweet on the balance though.
EV's big receipts post if anything has made me more suss of him as it feels like a desperation scum play trying to look town by pulling out receipts.

I think there are few things that work as well at changing town's mind than someone putting a ton of effort into digging up individual posts to make an argument in that way but here it feels forced and intentional.

Vote EV

EV's flip gives a lot of information anyway I feel. If he is scum, I think at least one of Tweet and Jeff is probably scum too (See my earlier argument that scum EV doesn't jump into a town v town argument between Jeff and Tweet). And Barry becomes a fair bit more clear.

I'm not sure we have a better direction at this point.
This came soon after Tweet's unvote so I'm gonna say Ace/Tweet definitely not aligned as it doesn't make much sense to vote someone your scummate just gave a solid reason for unvoting. He also susses Tweet here.
So this vote came after my first suspicion of Odo. IDK, I think if Tweet is scum and sees me correctly sniffing out his scummate Odo, he's probably not gonna try and get into my firing path.

CraigPelton

Reaction score
You said you think CP is likelier town than Poyser, so if you think at least one of them is scum, shouldn't you be pushing Poyser right about now instead of parking your vote on Brutus like that's magically gonna make him appear in here and post more?

Also this has to be the first time in forever you actually read me anything but null d1 when I'm town so either I'm doing something right or you're not your usual self.
Aight I'm feeling pretty confident Tweet is town as I'm pretty sure he made this point before I did, and it is a damning one

CraigPelton

Reaction score
I am somewhat inclined to get a claim out of Odo at the very least, with the only thing somewhat holding this back being that we've got a couple guys outed and if Odo is town its handing even more info out to scum. But fuck it, I don't really see a better avenue.

Vote Odo
Maybe I'm being dumb but why can't a gunsmith and a hider be in the same game? I know they're both investigative but they have pretty different outcomes.

I'm guessing you're on that same train as Poyser in that you don't think there will be multiple investigative roles, which I don't agree with but at the very least seems to be a perception shared by others (ie Poyser) who know how setups usually work here.

Not sure what the point is of hiding the caveat but w/e.
Yep. Certainly not cut-and-dry.

You seem to want us to ignore things and just trust you on quite a bit, lol. Eg Brutus vote and now this. I struggle to believe there is so much nuance to these things.
Well consider that there’s no personal benefit to me even revealing its existence in the first place?
Gives you something in the bag down the line maybe? But this is actually a fair point overall.

Words, please.
Seems kinda genuine? But this comes after Odo just got it from me, Poyser, AND Tweet so I'd say from Ace's perspective Odo's stock was falling at this point.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Fuck im sorry EV I bought his Mace Windu shit buy yes like i said early on I can see one of the two guys on that brutus vote iz maf. Offcial Vote: Odo

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
That’s extra funny since you can tell he has seen the flip as well :heston

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Fuck im sorry EV I bought his Mace Windu shit buy yes like i said early on I can see one of the two guys on that brutus vote iz maf. Offcial Vote: Odo

:pogba

It's night buddy

CraigPelton

Reaction score
You getting this emotional suggests to me you're town, which could lead credence to Jeff being scum as I doubt that this exchange between Tweets and Jeff is anything cohesive.
Smells like a good guy read. Tweet got emotional as scum literally last game.
Jeff, you and Tweets had gone into a slumber which negated 90% of my focus so far in the game. I'm not going to talk to myself or try and generate stuff with people not around
I had a harsh answer to this but then I remembered its the :pals: era so instead I'll give some advice and say you should ALWAYS be trying to generate some stuff, regardless of how active the game is.

Your thoughts on Barry, Tweet and Evans please
Thanks for being a pal

Barry's claim seems very out of character for his usual style of play. Normally he's very anti-claim, iirc he refused to claim a few games back even with info on him. I'm also highly suspect of a hider/commuter combo, but I'm not one to try and outguess the mod on role selections. The fact he just dipped after doing so raised a red flag.

Tweet is less aggressive and less woe is me, but still part emotional, so that to me indicates not scummy, but who knows with him as he is always trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to his play so for me to gain his 'meta' is difficult. I do notice though that he isn't paper-pushing at least, with his direction towards and relentless pursuit of Jeff.

Evans, I'll admit I haven't taken much notice of due to the Jeff/Tweets exchange, but I can do a skim of his posts and add in thoughts.
Feels like Odo is trying to help out his scummate with this whole interaction lol. Hard.
Surely he's not so transparent to fall into that again? Yes he's emotional, but he's not pulling out insults and stating that PerC is better. Maybe it's a ruse to make gullible people such as myself think he wouldn't be so transparent when he actually is.
And Odo, what I meant by that was I wasn't providing flavour as I felt it wasn't needed. I'm just a double voter, nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps I went about it all wrong, but my intentions were to put an early vote in to reveal my double vote before the inevitable "who has it" game is played and then queried. I've always had the view that the DV should be up-front with their power.
Actually, thats a fair point. The first part, not the fence sitting that is
My gut feeling is that they aren't aligned, so whether that be scum/town or town/town, I'm not sure on just yet. I recognise this is a lot of fence-sitting for sure. Jeff has a tendency to show his hand, which I haven't seen yet.
Yeah I think Lethal is scum with Odo lmao

CraigPelton

Reaction score
Aight there's fuck all in Shania Twain's posts so I think I'm done reading back for now

1. Odo
5. Jeff Valley Driver
6. Mitch-a-Roonie/EVV2
7. Grim Cornette

8. Ace Dalton
9. Poyser
10. Alco
11. Lethal Banks
12. OMB
13. TKOK
14. Tweet
15. Big Man
16. Shania Twain
17. PHEN0M
18. NotBrutus

If Lethal is a scum double voter then it's a 4-man scum team. I'm going back and forth on Ace. TKOK, Big Man, and Shania Twain are total nulls right now but please don't vig Big Man as he's hinting at a good role and if he is town and gets involved he will be a big asset.

PHEN0M I'm slightly leaning town on as I'm not sure Odo goes to bat for his teammate like that. Also leaning town on Brutus because Odo put pressure on him.

But yeah, investigative roles should be targeting the folks who are not in any shade of blue.

Vig if you like take a shot in TKOK, Shania, and if you're feeling risky, Ace

Watcher/BG type roles should be on me or Poyser

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Smells like a good guy read. Tweet got emotional as scum literally last game.

Feels like Odo is trying to help out his scummate with this whole interaction lol. Hard.

Yeah I think Lethal is scum with Odo lmao
Forgot about lethal, I didn’t like him either and that’s another read Odo tried to shut me down on

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
@CraigPelton I get where you're coming from re: Lethal.

These are some exchanges of his I'm reading back on now that have flagged for me

Big time Lethal play here:

Vote: Ace Dalton

Bit of a stretch to suggest thoughts over fabrications based off a baseless argument. Very vague assumption of Jeff's play and doesn't provide the same confidence in a read of Jeff that he does for Tweet. Gives me a town pass for my claim, um, sure, but it holds little weight. Making observations of KIF's 'filler' posts just seems a forceful way of ISO'ing someone who won't provide much opposition to it. Not sure how he rationalises EV being possible scum by inserting himself into that Jeff/Tweets discussion, as anyone reading it would have tried to steer it away. Doesn't explain why CP 'trying hard' makes him uncomfortable.

Town lean over OMB being overly cautious of his eventual claim?

IMO it just seems posting for posting sake and trying to form connections and ideas that just aren't there

Flag holding is a brilliant new gameplay observation.

Tweet, Jeff, please either vote each other or move on with the game. You're looking like the vintage Lethal/Sky exchanges, and we are being PALS remember.

No buys on my Ace sentiments :(

The first post I actually liked at the time, but the "No buys on my Ace sentiments" feels like he's drawing attention to him being busy here.

It does look like vintage scum Brutus for sure. Only thing missing to complete the set is the botched PR.

This just felt odd, if it looks vintage scum Brutus - why not vote him and follow Odo on pressuring him? Could this be Lethal trying to not follow Odo too strongly?

Your attempt at explanation is admirable but I feel your intentions aren't genuine. Sorry.

Also, KIF has been banned from WF for 5+ years, so no, you haven't played against him on there.

I know it's 12+ hours since, but sure. As I suggested in my original reply and subsequent case, I think it's an awful lot of chest beating to forcefully find something to go on, rather than natural, genuine thoughts. He also only specifically addresses the EV component of my post, doesn't answer the KIF stuff, nor why CP's 'trying hard' makes him (still?) uncomfortable.

Although I do like these posts following up on Ace but he has to be forced by Poyser to elaborate, but Ace did show up 5 mins after the "No buys" comment.

Completely missed this because the tag failed. This is a pretty good post.
Post #434 with all those receipts to your town read on Tweets. I dip my hat, Ace.
But 3 hours later you vote for EV and say that it could provide a link between EV and Tweet as scum. How does EV being scum refute your initial read (and receipts) of Tweet? What changed in those 3 hours to make you doubt your town read of Tweet?

Anytime you want to answer my latest post, Ace, I'm here waiting
:WOW

Appreciate the reply and effort. Your replies to my queries have been more than fine.

Can't help but feel a little insulted here

This again feels like he's chasing Ace to look busy and isn't actually contributing that much to the main wagons ongoing in the thread. He then drops it at Ace just repeating himself about if I'm scum, I don't interfere with Jeff/Tweet at the start of the day lol.

Fucking separatists.

I mean, I can understand their being town aligned, from a certain point of view. They were against the republic which then morphed into the empire. Vader annihilated them into extinction.

Still, they were the main antagonists of the prequel trilogy so it's definitely cautious times.

Then this post when I ask him to weigh in about Jeff/Aces push on me over the colour of my town alignment. No real opinion, just fence sitting and he disengaged from the topic.

Jedi'd

This vote stinks

Legends suggest he had plenty of time to gauge what was important in the Sarlaac pit
I'm not fussed on that, I am fussed on you just popping in and dropping votes with nothing more than a whisper, then floating back off.

IMPULSE would call it dolphin theory

He then has a quick pop at OMB but doesn't follow up with anything.

Vote: E-V

I just can't buy the Fett man as town

:francis:

Then boom, with no real reasoning other than flavour spec joins EV V1 wagon.

Anyone have a vote count?

From my count he's at 7. With ~8 hours left

And with that, I'm off to bed

And he seems awfully thirsty chasing my lynch here, almost as if "right, it's at 7. It'll be done by the time I'm back"

Looks like a lot of busy work and an opportunist vote on myself to try and get the mislynch through IMO. Distanced himself with Ace with his mini push that he dropped very quickly and calling out Brutus & OMB with no other action about it.

Last edited:

CraigPelton

Reaction score
@E-V So do you think Ace and Lethal are likely or unlikely to be aligned?

CraigPelton

Reaction score
Forgot about lethal, I didn’t like him either and that’s another read Odo tried to shut me down on
What do you think of his interactions with Odo?

Status
Not open for further replies.