Least Favorite Bands

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
You officially suck. Anyone who doesn't like Muse sucks.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
VersaEmerge: Now you know as well as anybody I generally enjoy girl fronted bands...VersaEmerge is by far an obvious cash-in on the popularity of them. (In fact I believe they had a guy singing before 2006-2007, go figure. :/ ) Their lyrics are SOO uninspired and generic and the singer is a legit piece of trash. The band behind her isn't too bad but she makes me sick to listen to. Sorry. :(

Monk's starting to win me over.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
^You officially suck too. None of that made sense.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You officially suck. Anyone who doesn't like Muse sucks.

I want to like Muse, I do. The music is listenable and I feel like they have a good energy but I just can't get past the guy's voice. That has sunk many a band for me that I really wanted to like.

Monk's starting to win me over.

:love: Music snobs ftw

...god...

Reaction score
Possibly because they suck? They pretty much sound like any other metal band out there.
ROfl. The main reason people even listen to CoB is because they SOUND NOTHING LIKE ANY OTHER METAL BANDS. The fact that you would even say that leads me to believe that you haven't really heard anything from them, regardless of the vocals.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
ROfl. The main reason people even listen to CoB is because they SOUND NOTHING LIKE ANY OTHER METAL BANDS. The fact that you would even say that leads me to believe that you haven't really heard anything from them, regardless of the vocals.

Meh. There was an album that came out towards the end of high school. I guess it was 98-99. Anyway, it stunk. And yes it certainly did sound like many other metal bands. Not mainstream metal bands but the other ones who usually don't get record contracts from big companies because they suck.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Not that mainstream metal bands don't suck too. Many of them do. Much of metal is little more than an excercise in metaphorical primoridial adolescent male masturbation so it can't help but suck.

...god...

Reaction score
I mean if you think that sounds like other metal, you'd be better off just not listening to any other music which remotely contains the use of an electric guitar... because it's going to sound like other metal. Also, go find another metal band which synchronizes the keyboard with the melody as well as CoB does.

[yt]EtPDm2kaj1c[/yt]
You can dislike bands all you want, but to say musically talented (not all bands are gonna revolutionize a fucking genre like Sabbath, Maiden, and Priest did) bands 'suck' is just asinine.

...god...

Reaction score
On that note, go listen to Opeth (he doesn't really growl in a lot of songs) and if you think that band sounds like all other bands you seriously have some mental dysfunctionality or are just living 30 years in the past and are incapable of acquiring to change and actually liking a band that you didn't grow up listening to (no, a lot aren't just less talented).

...god...

Reaction score
[yt]19UZd_DKs2Q[/yt]
This band is getting to become VERY popular too.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
you'd be better off just not listening to any other music which remotely contains the use of an electric guitar...

Speaking of asinine statements. I can name hundreds of bands that use an electric and don't even come close to sounding like that.

You can dislike bands all you want, but to say musically talented (not all bands are gonna revolutionize a fucking genre like Sabbath, Maiden, and Priest did) bands 'suck' is just asinine.

K. What do you define as being "musically talented?" Personally as an infrequent bass player that is usually the first thing I listen for and if I, one of the worst bassists ever, could play your bass line you are not musically talented. And you don't need to be revolutionary to be talented. I could post 5 bands/artists in this thread right now that didn't revolutionize a damned thing that are unique and incredibly talented.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
On that note, go listen to Opeth (he doesn't really growl in a lot of songs) and if you think that band sounds like all other bands you seriously have some mental dysfunctionality or are just living 30 years in the past and are incapable of acquiring to change and actually liking a band that you didn't grow up listening to (no, a lot aren't just less talented).

Opeth aren't bad. I can tolerate them well enough. They still aren't musically gifted though, they're all incredibly average musicians. And there is the crux of the matter, it's not that I am stuck in the past it is more that you people are far too easily impressed with your drastically lowered expectations.

...god...

Reaction score
Speaking of asinine statements. I can name hundreds of bands that use an electric and don't even come close to sounding like that.
It was a joke because you're so picky.

K. What do you define as being "musically talented?" Personally as an infrequent bass player that is usually the first thing I listen for and if I, one of the worst bassists ever, could play your bass line you are not musically talented. And you don't need to be revolutionary to be talented. I could post 5 bands/artists in this thread right now that didn't revolutionize a damned thing that are unique and incredibly talented.
That has to be the worst possible way to determine musical talent. Any idiot can google a song's tab and play the riff just simply knowing the chords of a guitar. A bass would be even easier than that. Obviously, some more complex solos get much more difficult. But regardless, this is singling out an individual band member. My standards aren't high because to synchronize all the instruments in a song from the band and create a smooth melody is a given. Tie in with the lyrics and sometimes a solo to finish. Good lyrics, something that make you think and are abstract is nice, but if they go with the song idrc. There's no way I'm gonna get all in depth and analytical onto talent in a band. Why? Because it's stupid. That alone right there can indicate a band has enough talent to where I'm not going shit on them. And obviously they're selling in this genre of music which also implies they have talent. Personally I don't always like Alexi's (CoB's lead singer) vocals always, but I never said they were the greatest metal band ever. Also, name them.

My keyboard is a piece of shit.

...god...

Reaction score
also what about Dream Theatre? Nevermore? Trivium?