Least Favorite Bands

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
gotta sleep and my keyboard is a piece of shit the f and u keys don't work I've just been copy pasting em. Btw, my favorite metal band ever is In Flames. They have it all, imo. i'll share with you the song I've been obsessed with lately.

[yt]FUqrM5fsVng[/yt]

It's just the ridiculously powerful lyrics and awesome riff that do it for me. Nothing else matters, they don't sound like any other band to me.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It was a joke because you're so picky.

Oh. Well, duh. That hasn't been established in the last 5 years yet?

That has to be the worst possible way to determine musical talent.

It's a start. It's not the only way but if the rhythm section is weak that hurts the rest of the band no matter how good they are.

Any idiot can google a song's tab and play the riff just simply knowing the chords of a guitar.

Then I must be dumber than any idiot because I can't play most of them. And by the way, there is a huge difference "playing" the line and playing and understanding the line.

A bass would be even easier than that.

It can be, it really depends on what you are playing.

Obviously, some more complex solos get much more difficult.

Again, that depends on who you are listening to. Some solos sound complex but are actually easy as shit to play.

But regardless, this is singling out an individual band member.

Not singling out, starting with. We all start with where we are most familiar.

My standards aren't high because to synchronize all the instruments in a song from the band and create a smooth melody is a given. Tie in with the vocals and sometimes a solo to finish. There's no way I'm gonna get all in depth and analytical onto talent in a band. Why? Because it's stupid.

I don't need to get in depth with most bands as I can identify the three guitar chords they play, the two strings they use on the 5 string bass they purchased for whatever reason and the basic 4/4 or 2/2 jazz beat they use on the drums pretty quickly. And a lot of bands just use minor variations on this formula and bore me to tears with their lack of creativity.

That alone right there can indicate a band has enough talent to where I'm not going shit on them.

Or, and I mean no offense by this, you are out of your depth.

And obviously they're selling in this genre of music which also implies they have talent. Personally I don't always like Alexi's (CoB's lead singer) vocals always, but I never said they were the greatest metal band ever.

Don't ever bring up sales. Sales are proof of nothing but the inherent sheep like nature of people.

Also, name them.

Gimme 5. Gonna get videos too.

Also, just as a post thought, I understand that people listen to music for varying reasons and many of you don't want to think too much about what you are listening to and that's fine. To each their own. However what gets my goat is when people think the shitty musicians they listen to are actually talented when in truth that statement is generally an insult to those who are actually talented and not just average.

...god...

Reaction score
It's a start. It's not the only way but if the rhythm section is weak that hurts the rest of the band no matter how good they are.
Idk, even the most basic of riff can sound well (and I assume we're sticking strictly to metal here).

Then I must be dumber than any idiot because I can't play most of them. And by the way, there is a huge difference "playing" the line and playing and understanding the line.
Not quite sure what you mean by understanding it?

It can be, it really depends on what you are playing.

Again, that depends on who you are listening to. Some solos sound complex but are actually easy as shit to play.
true, but I was definitely referring to the sick ones, for instance, the 2 minute long Painkiller solo, god damn.

[yt]nM__lPTWThU[/yt]2:10

Not singling out, starting with. We all start with where we are most familiar.
Meant when determining talent that I focus more on the group as a whole. If someone is really that weak on the instruments it'll be obvious and he/she would just get waned out later. I do get what you mean by the really generic chords in songs though. I think those people just aren't creative which I guess can attribute to be being bad guitarists too, as a good one would stick out. Jesper, guitarist of In Flames, always has some sick riff and then a truly complex solo which goes with the song. I see all their shit as unique and never-been-done-before type of deals.. dunno.

Or, and I mean no offense by this, you are out of your depth.
My musical taste is reaaaaaaally broad, I seriously listen to a lot of shit, there's like 3-4k songs on my phone alone, can't fit anymore.

Don't ever bring up sales. Sales are proof of nothing but the inherent sheep like nature of people.
Well I was trying to stress and emphasize for that [metal] genre alone. I mean, a metal band has to be creating some music to sell. You can't create some shitty techno beat, get some douche to write your songs and achieve success in this case, agreed?

Also, just as a post thought, I understand that people listen to music for varying reasons and many of you don't want to think too much about what you are listening to and that's fine. To each their own. However what gets my goat is when people think the shitty musicians they listen to are actually talented when in truth that statement is generally an insult to those who are actually talented and not just average.
Well so do I, for instance the people who listen to shitty screamo who spam the same chords and scream at the top of their lungs and claim it's true hardcore music. Hate that shit.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The Beta Band:

A little softer, more folksy than I usually listen to but very talented indeed.

[YT]wsbR2dEmHGc[/YT]

Lou Reed:

Older, stuff, never had much commercial success on his own but he had it huge back in the day with the Velvet Underground. Still this song kicks all kinds of ass.

[YT]FH2EgYq_NCY[/YT]

The Matthew Good Band:

Mid-nineties Canadian rocker. Not sure if he's still around anymore but while the musicians themselves are okay it is really his lyrics, especially in this song that shine through.

[YT]AY3Nta3Ev4[/YT]

Tim Minchin:

Comedian/musician. He is an incredibly funny and witty lyricist not to mention, a wickedly amazing pianist.

[YT]QQ0G5Nik8iY[/YT]

A Perfect Circle:

I almost slotted Tool in here instead but I knew there would be some whiners even though while Tool is incrediblt they didn't revolutionize shit. So I'm gonna throw APC in here instead. Fantastic rock band with a unique bend in their music.

[YT]0VdnEQVBPIw[/YT]

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Idk, even the most basic of riff can sound well (and I assume we're sticking strictly to metal here).

It can sound just fine, but like I said, I prefer originality in my music though a good riff can make a song and while it may be an entertaining song, I won't call it a good piece of music.

Not quite sure what you mean by understanding it?

Not just playing the note but understanding why you are playing that specific note at that specific time.

Meant when determining talent that I focus more on the group as a whole.

I eventually listen to the whole band but the first thing I generally hear is the bass.

If someone is really that weak on the instruments it'll be obvious and he/she would just get waned out later.

Hermann Li is still in Dragonforce. As far as I know. They suck too.

I do get what you mean by the really generic chords in songs though. I think those people just aren't creative which I guess can attribute to be being bad guitarists too as a good one would stick out. Jesper, guitarist of In Flames, always has some sick riff and then a truly complex solo which goes with the song.

I listened to part of that track you posted, and I can't really comment on it as it wasn't my cup of tea and I paid no attention to it at all beyond the initial few moments.

My musical taste is reaaaaaaally broad, I seriously listen to a lot of shit, there's like 3-4k songs on my phone alone, can't fit anymore.

That's not what I meant by depth. By depth I meant an understanding of musical theory. Which truth be told, if I could shred on my instrument I might not care so much about the theory part.

Well I was trying to stress for that genre. I mean, a metal band has to be creating some music to sell. You can't create some shitty techno beat, get some douche to write your songs and achieve success in this case, agreed?

Agreed but I think you can agree that a lot of metal fans will buy metal albums just because they are metal albums so the sales can be definitely be skewed.

Well so do I, for instance the people who listen to shitty screamo who spam the spam chord and scream at the top of their lungs and claim it's true hardcore music. Hate that shit.

As stated above I dislike any music whose subgenre has the word "core" in it.

Reaction score
VersaEmerge

sack a shit.

oooh.

Also add Coheed and Cambria to bands I don't like. They don't suck perse musically but I don't like buddy's voice. Same thing with Muse.

sack a shit.

VersaEmerge: Now you know as well as anybody I generally enjoy girl fronted bands...VersaEmerge is by far an obvious cash-in on the popularity of them. (In fact I believe they had a guy singing before 2006-2007, go figure. :/ ) Their lyrics are SOO uninspired and generic and the singer is a legit piece of trash. The band behind her isn't too bad but she makes me sick to listen to. Sorry. :(

Monk's starting to win me over.

sack a shit.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Candido316

Reaction score
Lets see....

Nirvanna... WORST band ever if you ask me.
Led Z.
Dixie Chicks
About 95% of rap and hip hop.