Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Jeff Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam - Ladder Match - Raw 22/7/02
Pretty good match. With such little time given they decided to fit in as many spots as possible, rather than trying to pace the match. The spots were pretty good to be fair (especially when RVD pushed the ladder from under Hardy), but it all seemed a little bit rushed for me. ***

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Eddie Guerrero & Tajiri - Ladder Match - WWE Judgment Day 2003
With WGTT having never been in a Ladder match before, and Guerrero/Tajiri not regular tag team partners, I thought it was a good bout under those circumstances. There were a few things in the match that didn't quite click, but I did like the ending of the match, and I thought both teams sold their injuries from the ladders quite well, which is something you don't see that often during Ladder matches. Not the best Ladder match you'll ever see, but a good effort from both teams. ***

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Starrcade 1998: NWO(Brian Adams & Scott Norton) v.s Fit Finlay & Jerry Flynn.

My god was Finlay masterful as this match went on. Hell, he made Adams look good and Norton just took the fight right back to Finlay. However, Jerry Flynn(not Jerry Lynn) doesn't really do much in this match and after Finlay takes a huge beating as he is scratching and clawing Flynn finally gets in and pretty much costs his team the match. He looked like a quite useless tag team partner getting taken out shortly after doing some ridiculous roundhouse kick. At least we got some good ol' fashion everything means something brawling with Finlay.

**1/2-**3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Starrcade 1998: TV Title Match- Chris Jericho v.s Konnan(c).

A pretty decent back and forth contest this while it lasted and even incorporated well into the finish. It wasn't all that crisp and felt a bit awkward at a couple points but these pros were able to keep it up. I think for a pace they were establishing it could have benefited from being a bit longer though. I remember earlier in this card Prince Iaukea/Norman Smiley and The Cat/Perry Saturn getting around the same amount of the time or more. Both those matches weren't even remotely important and really didn't have the same chance as this to be great. Jesus People. This is Starrcade. Step it up. So yeah, I just wanted more from this if I was gettin' that other trash thrown at me.

**1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Starrcade 1998: Ric Flair v.s Eric Bischoff.

Ugh. This is nothing like Flair/McMahon at the Rumble in 2002. It did get quite brutal but they did have to make it seem legit. Flair had it won at one point after he knocked the referee so could do whatever illegal shit he wanted to do. Well as he's waking up the ref to see Bischoff tap out to the Figure Four, Henning gets involved by handing Bischoff brass knuckles. Flair should never lose at Starrcade to a non-wrestler. However we did get a bloody Flair and Bischoff taking a bit of beating. I would have preferred Flair against a broom stick.

*1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Backlash 2008 - United States Championship: MVP vs. Matt Hardy

MVP destroyed Matt's knee months ago, after a very entertaining Heel and Babyface tag team run. The match was solid, but not as good as I remembered it being. The match didn't have much of a storyline until the last few minutes. And I'm not sure why they build it around Matt’s midsection instead of the knee injury, but they spent most of the match just trading moves. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Backlash 2008 - Chris Jericho is Referee: Batista vs. Shawn Michaels

The feud began because Dave thinks Michaels really did want to retire Flair and enjoyed it. This is also a special “Raw vs. Smackdown” match. I really enjoyed what they did in this with the Arm work and selling it. The early stages were nothing more than a great display of working a body part from Shawn Michaels but Batista would keep coming back into the match with his strength and it worked out well. I loved the finish with Michaels FAKING the knee injury to get the win, CLASSIC Michaels. Jericho helps Shawn limp to the ramp where the other refs take over. Jericho seemed to realize, though, that Shawn was selling one leg and then the other. HAHAHAHAHA! ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Backlash 2008 - World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker vs. Edge

I still MARK! for the “I’m going to hurt youâ€￾ line that Taker say before the match and Edge's face sells it hilariously. Damn this match is still just as fun as the Mania match, this followed a similar pattern to their Mania match in that it started off slow but really picked up the pace the longer it went on. Edge did a great job of working the back of the champion without the match getting dull while Taker did a tremendous job of selling the beating. Then they started hitting the big moves, exchanging the big right hands and the crowd came alive. Again, much like Mania, Edge was countering everything Taker threw his way and it made for a great match full of false finishes. ****

taker1a.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Judgment Day 2008 - Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels

Jericho is the Intercontinental Champion, but the belt isn't on the line because this is a friendly match. Both guys are face here because Jericho hasn't become the GOD he was in 2008/2009 as a heel yet. Man I forgot how much fun this was, just full of amazing counters and surprising twist and turn moments. I also enjoyed the little things like Jericho FAKING a jaw injury like Shawn did then hitting him with the Codebreaker. The Sweet chin music on the ring apron and Michaels selling was pretty top notch too. ***1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Bash at the Beach 1997: Wrath & Mortis v.s Glacier & The Cat.

Understanding the formula behind this is mindbogglin'. The Cat is totally a 3-time Karate Champion though. He only got involved late and pretty much cost his team the match. I hate shit like that. Of course it took Wrath & Mortis doing some underhanded things. Mortis hitting a superkick with chain wrapped his foot looked quite legit. I'm just a little upset that the finish felt anticlimatic after Glacier took a serious being in this and finally makes the tag his teammate gets taken out after a couple ridiculous roundhouse kicks. Wait I swear I've said that before. Whatever. I mean the beating on Glacier was pretty sweet, it was some good action with his attempts to comeback too. Wrath did this pretty cool looking somersault dive to him on the floor. I was surprised by it. So yeah it is really good for awhile but Cat in this really kills it and I'm a pretty big fan "I'm Greatest."

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Judgment Day 2008 - World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. The Undertaker

Good match but definitely not up to what these two are capable of. All the early leg work was quickly forgotten once they went into the second part of the match. This was far too similar to their Backlash match. The whole point of a continued feud is you build spots and counter spots from your previous match, E.G. Studying tapes and learn from your mistakes. But they just didn't do that here. Plus the match ended with a count out win for Taker, HAHAHAHAHAHA! What was DQ too predictable? Anyway Post-Match Vickie comes out and says the only way “The only way someone could win the world title is by Pinfall or Submission”, so does that mean the whole match was pointless? ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE One Night Stand 2008 - Stretcher match: Shawn Michaels vs. Batista

Just another very good match between these two. The story told through the match was very well done and effectively ended the Batista/HBK feud while extending the Jericho/HBK matter. The ending sequence was phenomenal. With Batista telling Michaels “I don’t love you, and I’m not sorry!" He then gives Michaels another Batista Bomb and gets placed on the stretcher. Batista seems to have the win, but Jericho blocks Batista from wheeling Michaels over the finish line. Batista doesn't get angry; he just uses this as a chance to hurt Michaels even more. Batista brings the steel steps over to the finish line. Michaels suffers a spine buster onto the steps, gets placed on the stretcher, and pushed over the line. AWESOME! ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE One Night Stand 2008 - TLC match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. The Undertaker

The World Title was stupidly vacant at this point. If the Undertaker loses, he’s banished from the WWE. This stipulation had many in the IWC proclaiming that this made it obvious that Undertaker would win. FOOLS! But in all honesty I really hate that stipulation "If ....... loses he's gone" just for them to show up the next week or the next month. This was probably the worse Edge/Taker match they had in 2008, now I know Edge's gimmick was "The ultimate opportunist" and he has the La Familia but the overbooking run-ins was a mess. I also disliked the obvious setups for the big spots. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2008 - Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston

Kingston is a mystery opponent, since Shawn Michaels is supposedly "too injured to compete After Jericho's epic heel turn and destroyed Michaels eye by throwing him head first into the Jeritron 5000 and telling Michaels "The Worse Is Yet To Come" thus ending the Y2J gimmick until 2013 or 2013. Not a bad match here as Jericho continues playing up the heel role as Kingston throws out a nice array of moves with tons of energy. There were a few slow moments right in the middle of the match with a series of rest holds, but it picks up a good bit for a pretty hot finish. ***

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Hell in a Cell for the WWF Championship: Kurt Angle(c) vs. The Rock vs. Rikishi vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Steve Austin

This was lots of craziness but not as good as the other HIAC encounters. it was a entertaining match for the most part.