• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

Reaction score
ROH on SBG : 16 March

ACH&TD Thomas vs American Wolves

Nonstop action that was. ACH and TD's future is really bright. Capo kicks from TD,they are impressive. Also ACH's Air Jordan was awesome. It must to be main event,that match ruled. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Genesis 2005 - Jeff Jarrett (w/Gail Kim) & America’s Most Wanted vs. Rhino & Team 3D

America’s Most Wanted are the current NWA World Tag Team Champions, and Jeff Jarrett is the NWA World Champion. This is my guilty pleasure match, the action was just great, face paced and awesome brawling from bell-to-bell. Post Match: Jarrett comes back in and nails Rhino with the guitar. Ray and Devon set up for the 3-D but Gail Kim interferes. Bubba tries to powerbomb Gail through Jarrett and the table, but Team Canada comes out and the heels have the advantage. Christian Cage comes down with a steel chair and a spiffy jacket. He removes the jacket to reveal the Team Canada shirt, and the heels celebrate. He quickly turns on D’Amore and the babyfaces clean house and put Jarrett through a table. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA Turning Point 2005 - Barbed Wire Massacre: Sabu vs. Abyss

That was pretty good as far as barbed wire matches go, that’s the only positive thing I can say really it had no selling what so ever and the only real story telling was Abyss’s fear of the barbed wire but that got thrown out of the window like 30 seconds in. Is just huge bloody spot after huge spot, and don’t get me wrong I marked and kinda still do when I see some of the spots cause it’s so violent but other than that it’s a nothing match. I remember when TNA called this their 2005 MOTY :lmao

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA Final Resolution 2005 - NWA World Tag Team Championships: Team Canada (w/Scott D'Amore) vs. America's Most Wanted

Hands down, the single best match non-gimmick tag team match in TNA history; it reminded me of the Old 80’s tag matches, just AMAZING storytelling, brawls and tag wrestling rolled into one. There were tons of false finishes that will keep you on the Edge of your seat and the fans were red hot for the entire match. It dragged on a bit when Team Canada was on offense but Roode and Young were not as experienced like they are today, well Roode is Young is still meh!, but everything else was incredible. And I didn't even talk about the huge knot on Eric Young’s forehead ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Destination X 2007 - NWA Heavyweight Title: Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe

Joe gets the dancing Samoan entrance, which is and when i first saw it I did think he's totally winning the belt here too, oh and don't forget about the Streamers :mark: These two put on a fantastic match that is certainly worthy of being the main event of the show. It had a good Mixing of brawling with great wrestling. I loved the story with Joe killed Christian in the fair fight, but Christian was able to use his cunning and cheat to get a clean win, I loved the finish with Christian turning Joe’s own hold against him to score the pinfall. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA Turning Point 2005 - X Division Championship Match: AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

The feud is because Joe didn't follow ‘the code’ of the X Division, mutual respect between the competitors. :lmao That was a terrific match that really builds well on their series of matched that they had in 2005, I loved the story and it quite possible be the best story ever told in a X division match, with a AJ throwing everything and more at this monster Joe, but being unable to beat him because he just wasn't good enough on that night, and when he realized that, it made him all the more fired up and angry. At this moment in time I like this on more than the Sacrifice match, but I may need to watch that again. This is another one of these forgotten classic that happen in TNA that should get talked about more. And I didn't even talk about the chunk of AJ’s lip that was missing was nasty. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA Starrcade 1985 - “I Quit” Cage Match for the: NWA U.S. Champion Tully Blanchard (w/Baby Doll) vs. Magnum TA

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS 15 minutes of pure-old school hatred and violence. This is how you blow off a feud, the match is filled with hatred and violence capped off with quite possible the greatest/awesomeness/phenomenal/spectacular/amazing/insane finishes ending a cage or a wrestling match ever. *****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 07/26/2001 - WCW Championship World Championship: Kurt Angle vs. Booker T

This would have been solid as it is, but the hometown crowd made this awesome and super super heated. Angle selling as a babyface was pretty great he made Bookers offense look impressive. They did a big Alliance vs. WWF brawl around the ring and through the crowd, and awesome false finishes with that. They brawl away through the crowd and the ref goes down. Austin runs out and Stuns Angle, but as the ref gets up, Booker celebrates Kurt makes him tap to the ankle lock to win the WCW title. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW Big Ass Extreme Bash 1996 - Best-of-3-Falls Match: Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera

If i remember correctly this is Rey’s last ECW match before going to WCW. The early going of the match was pretty rough with a few botches and sloppiness. Things improve after the first fall. While it's not nearly as good as Mysterio's 2 out of 3 falls match with Psychosis 10/17/1995 it's still a great Lucha spots. And probably the best Juventud Guerrera match I have ever seen. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Destination X 2006 - Eight-Man Tag Team War: Rhino, Team 3D and The Truth vs. Jeff Jarrett, America’s Most Wanted and Abyss

This another one of those TNA guilty pleasure match I have, It had damn good action from bell-to-bell and i never get bored watching it, I loved that they brawled all over the IZ before settling it down into a traditional match. The heat segments was great and everyone played their roles good here. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2007 - Last Man Standing Match For The WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Umaga (w/Armando Alejandro Estrada)

This was some pretty good stuff, although the finish felt a little anti-climactic to me. Umaga's rib work was AWESOME and most of the match and leaves Cena hurting, but he refuses to quit. Cena comeback with his signature moves and one-ups the impact by landing them all on the ring steps was great too. And just when he thinks he’s going to put down Umaga, Cena’s back gives out on the FU and his head gets caught between Umaga and the ring steps! :mark: Umaga looked like a unstoppable BEAST and Cena had to use every possible advantage to get him the victory. Highlight of the match was when Cena was laid out on the ECW announce table, and Umaga runs across and over the Raw and Smackdown tables for the huge splash Cena, but Cena moves and inevitably Umaga wipes out the ECW announce table. Which would lead to the downfall of this monster. This is quite possible the best Cena performance I've ever seen. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2001 - Intercontinental Championship: Lance Storm vs. Edge

This match was a great opener and showed that WWE have some faith in him to carry a major title and that he can go singles. Edge was made to look like a billion bucks here, having a great little match with Storm that I tend to enjoy more and more every time I see it. The crowd was way behind Edge. There wasn't any big high spots until the climax of the match, which saw Christian run to the ring to help his brother. He went for the Spear on Storm, but Storm dodged it and got he got Edge. Edge rebounded though, and hit the Implant DDT for the three count and his second Intercontinental Title. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2001 - Title Unification match for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship and the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship: X-Pac vs. Tajiri

X-PAC HEAT! RULES. The Match was a bit on the short side, but good. This was a really fast-paced match with some really cool offense. Most of it is nothing you haven’t seen before, Tajiri busts out a bunch of moves was AWESOME too. Albert ran down and got misted, but it allowed Pac to sneak in a low blow and the X-Factor to win both titles. lol @ this is the third match in a row that we've had a run-in. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2001 - Chris Jericho vs. Rhyno

The buildup to this match was the awesome with Stephanie McMahon chose Rhyno to take on Jericho , because Y2J was pissing her off so much because he keep calling her a whore and talking about her great boob job. Oh and Rhyno also Gore through the Smackdown set. The match was Good, but not great. They had this one awesome spot where Jericho tried to dive onto Rhyno on the floor off of the top, but he Gore'd him out of the air. Rhyno turned an airplane spin into a Diamond Cutter. AWESOME! ***