Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 - Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

Great match that they built up very well by having a slow pace early on, but then it really picked up in the middle and had a hot finish, they also got the crowd into it and kicked out of a lot of big moves leading to an exciting/ and a sick RKO finish. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 -World Heavyweight Championship Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus

Alberto Del Rio drives out to the stage in a Ferrari Spyder. While it started slow, the second half was really good and was worked well. They thankfully dropped the brogue kick ban, but I would be lying if I said the feud wasn't cold heading into the show. Thankfully they delivered a good match, but lets be honest Del Rio dropping 4 straight word title matches did nothing for him in 2012 so i'm kinda thankful they turned him face. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 - WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. John Cena

I like that they worked the mat work early on like they did in the MITB match. The last ten minutes of the match were outstanding, with each guy doing a moves that we're not used to seeing from them like Cena's dive outside the ring and Punk hitting the Rock Bottom to a huge reaction as well. This also had Punk kicked out of the AA twice. Cena kicked out of the GTS twice. My only problem was the finish was controversial, but it was done to allow for a rematch which i'm all for cause these two really bring out the best in each other. This wasn't MITB good but still really good stuff. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Hell in a Cell 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Sheamus vs. Big Show

This might have been the biggest surprise of the year. I didn't expect Sheamus & Big Show to have an awful match, but I don’t think many fans were expecting them to have such good chemistry. The story was basic, the Brogue Kick vs. The KO Punch and I think they played it to perfection. I also love how they continuously put over the fact that Sheamus had never faced Show before and didn't quite know how to deal with him. The last few minutes of this match in particular was insane with all the finishers. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Hell in a Cell 2012 - Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship: Ryback vs. CM Punk

The match itself was just okay for me. Nothing special, a lot of offense from Ryback, and a lot of selling by Punk. The match just seemed to lack emotion at times. WWE were in a very difficult position here to come up with a finish that protected both guys, but they did it. Ryback looked just as strong as he ever has and Punk came away as the sneaky, smart do anything to win champion. It made the crowd get behind Ryback and want to see Punk get his ass kicked. Post-match, Maddox and Punk tried to escape, but the refs outside the ring couldn't get the door open. Ryback basically destroyed Maddox in the ring and once the refs “finally” unlocked the door, Heyman tried to drag Punk away. Ryback caught them and chased Heyman off. He went to whip Punk into the cell, but the champ used his momentum to leap up the side of the cell, trying to escape. Ryback chased him up the cell and with nowhere for Punk to go, Ryback Shellshocked Punk on top of the cell to end the show. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2012 - Elimination Match: Team Foley (The Miz, Randy Orton, Team Hell No, and Kofi Kingston) vs. Team Ziggler (Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, David Otunga, and Wade Barrett)

This was disappointing to me the Eliminations came very quickly with each fall like 5 minutes. If the match had more of a backstory or even if they tried to tell a story during the match, it might have been better but the lack of those took away from the match for me. Don't get me wrong this had some nice counter wrestling, which you’d expect from teams with as much talent in them as these two. But it just didn't click, and another thing I don’t get what's the point of turning Miz face and then having him not put on a better performance or being one of the main guys. The last 1 minutes with Orton and Dolph was fun and I'm was happy Dolph went over on a big stage like this. But using the PUNT into the Superkick, didn't work for me mainly cause I've seen HBK do that to Orton like 900 times and since when did Dolph start using a Superkick as a finisher. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship: Big Show vs. Sheamus

The first 5-7 minutes of this was fucking AWESOME, they beat the shit out of eachother during that time but then when Show took over things began to slow down and the action was average it did have it moments when sheamus's little comebacks happen it became exciting again, but it just didn't have that feel to it like the HIAC match had to it. I had a feeling WWE was gonna book some type of silly ending, and of course it did. But why didn’t the second ref immediately DQ, anyway after the match Sheamus hit show 18 times with a chair then hit him with the brouge kick, and all that did was set up for the final match and it looks like it's gonna be a Chair match @ the TLC PPV. ***1/4 If they would of had the start of this match and had the ending they had at HIAC the match would of been a ****3/4 MOTYC

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Survivor Series 2012 - WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. John Cena vs Ryback

Just an okay match. Not the greatest of triple threats. It was mostly 2 Guys fight in the ring one knocks the other out of the ring then the other will come flying in, You knew at some point Cena and Punk would take out Ryback. Both table spots were good. The match had its typical big spots with each man hitting their respective finisher. The good thing about this was the wrestler played their respected roles great here with Ryback was the power house, Cena had the most experience and was 7-0 at Survivor Series and Punk was the snake that will do anything to keep the championship. OKAY NOW FOR THE ENDING, which saw Ryback Shellshock on Cena, but before he can get the pin, three dudes in black gear jump into the ring and start assaulting Ryback. They manage to get him outside the ring, but it takes all three of them to powerbomb him through the Spanish announce table! Michael Cole tells us that the three men are from NXT Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose!!! ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs 2012 - The Shield vs Ryback and Team Hell No!

HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT THIS WAS AWESOME. They beat the living shit out of each other from bell-to-bell with 0 slow or rest spots it was like watching a Indy match . WWE booked the shield terrifically in this and they looked LEGIT. I think a match like this will do wonders for Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns. Hard to say what all three of these guys will be doing 3-5 years from now, but this is a decent start. Shield kept doing the group attacks on their opponents. So it made them look like a violent pack who strike together and will die together. ****1/2 Best TLC match in years since TLC III.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs 2012 - Money in the Bank Ladder Match: John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler

Another solid match on the show. And the right man went over again. Just like The Shield showed they belonged earlier in the night, Dolph Ziggler showed he belongs in the main event scene with tonight’s win. The crowd was begging the WWE to help push Ziggler it's just a shame WWE bookers wear headphones when he's in the ring. I like the SWERVE! with AJ too even if it doesn't make sense but at least this gets Dolph away from Vickie and now that they added Big E as soon as WWE get their head out of their asses Dolph could be a big player on SD! ***3/4 a couple of botches really stopped this from being something special.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF SummerSlam 1991 - Intercontinental Championship: Mr Perfect vs. Bret Hart

I can't remember there being any backstory for this match. All i remember is Perfect's back was a mess and the he had to take some time off so the next logical step was to put the belt on Bret. This is just a Fantastic match, they have just have a great amount of awesome chemistry together and it was on full show here. Perfect went above and beyond to make Bret look like a million dollars with his messed up back which would take him out for for almost 2 years. This match officially kicks off Bret Hart's career and would be the start the he became Mr. Summer Slam. ****1/2 This had some slight mishaps on moves and bump, I still like their King of the Ring match better, but this one will always be one of those special matches that people will always remember.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 1992 - WWE Intercontinental Title: Bret Hart vs. The British Bulldog

This is arguably the greatest Summerslam match of all time. I can defiantly say this is Davey’s best match ever. This match was nonstop action and included one of my favorite accidentally sick spots of all time. Also from a technical stand-point, this one is perfect, from the execution, variety, the pacing and the near falls are all astonishing well done, and without a hitch. Also, loved the story of Davey having something to prove by facing Bret head on, and eventually outsmart Bret to win the Championship, and for the family to re-unite at the end, for the happy ending. The only problem I have with this match was the few messed up spots that just can’t go ignored. I’m going to say that it was probably nerves more than anything else, but that pescado and the press slam was completely noticeable and could really injured somebody. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
King of the Ring 1993 - Semi-Final Match: Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect

I liked this one better than their SummerSlam ’91 match because it felt like Bret and Perfect were more evenly matched here, as where in ’91 Bret was the underdog. Just a nearly flawless match, the in-ring performance & storytelling between the two with Bret still selling his injured fingers from the earlier match & eventually both men selling the effects of their match later on with both men having injured knees. It started off as a technical match with Perfect getting real aggressive while looking for a payback from SummerSlam '91 (as alluded to in the the pre-match interview) The bump Bret took as he went flying off the apron onto the floor with head hitting the steel railing while his knee landed right on top of a crate at ringside almost shattering his knee was crazy. I'm surprised Perfect wasn't overselling for Bret in this. What I love about the ending is that Bret would steal Henning's idea to use in the future in his feud with Diesel. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF WrestleMania X - Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart

The greatest opening match in wrestling history and in my top 5 WWF/E matches of all time. Everything was spot on in this match, just 20 minutes of flawless hold, counters, punches, kicks and moves with incredible psychology. This match is the absolute definition of pure wrestling, nothing more i can say about it. *****

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE Main Event 3/13/2013: Alberto Del Rio v.s Big Show.

I haven't cared for many of the Del Rio/Show matches as of late other than seeing Del Rio standing tall with the mutha fuckin' championship. However this match had a good pace to start off with. Del Rio was really showing that his unique offense can fully take control of Big Show which I enjoyed. Big Show would stay relevant especially with the outside distractions and interference from Jack Swagger. This leads to Show winning even if was mostly a nice showcase of what Del Rio is capable of. It didn't get to take off to another level though.

*1/2

WWE Main Event 3/13/2013: 3MB(Heath Slater & Drew McIntyre) v.s The Usos.

This was a simple back and forth tag team match that didn't go very long. McIntyre is still recovering from the attack at the hands of Mark Henry and Ryback on Raw and he probably shouldn't have been in the ring. Yeah, Jinder Mahal was ringside so why couldn't he step up? Ugh. The match ends after a weak looking kick to McIntyre who at first didn't know if he should sell it or not. He ends up falling back like it killed him though to take a Uso Splash to finish this.

3/4*