Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Survivor Series 1995 - NoDQ match or the World Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart vs. Diesel

Excellent match from both guys. Bret always brought good storyline and psychology into a match with his game plan was to tie Diesel's ankle to the ringpost to stop Diesel heavy-blows was awesome and Diesel played his part well and sold the legwork greatly. The announce table spot was pretty awesome and the amount of times that I've watched this I always forget when it's coming. I also love the finish with Bret playing possum so Diesel got cocky with allowed Bret to win with a small package. After the match, Diesel goes ballistic and gives Bret not one, but TWO Jackknife Powerbombs. He proceeds to beat down referees and then tells the hard camera, “I’m BACK!” this match would serve as the catalyst for Diesel's newfound attitude over the last few months of his WWF career. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF WrestleMania 13 - Submission Match: Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Special Referee: Ken Shamrock)

That match is intense, and quite possible the greatest match of all time. There would be nothing wrong with just leaving it at that. But then I think this match goes a little deeper than being just a great match. I can’t think of one single match that had more impact on wrestling than this one. This match was a changing the great face and heel turn if I ever saw one and Austin didn't even beat Bret, which proves how little wins and losses matter in wrestling when its booked correctly. Think of how many matches over the years people had cheered Bret Hart to overcome odds and how many matches over the years people had booed Steve Austin to get his tail beaten by someone. In just a short time, Bret goes from the classic hero to being the complete opposite in many people’s eyes and vice versa. *****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF One Night Only 1997 - Heavyweight Championship Bret Hart vs. The Undertaker

The fans were hot for the whole match and they went non-stop with very few rest holds which was great to see. Bret does a amazing job here and shows why he deserves to be considered one of the greatest in ring performers of All Time. This is probably the best traditional Undertaker match you will see until 2003 when he faced Angle on SD. I absolutely love this match and its a must see, but that finish was awful after the buildup. ****1/4

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
El Generico vs Ricochet - PWG Death to All But Metal

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 03/15/2013 - Team Rhodes Scholars vs. Celtic Vipers

We got a replay of the Shield attack from Monday Night Raw, which was a nice reminder of why these guys have started to team up. The Rhodes Scholars came out and were pissed that their match was ruined on Monday, and that their double date with the Bellas was also ruined. This is a rematch from Raw. This was pretty much just like Monday, and was just here to get over how well Orton and Sheamus work well together in their fight against the Shield. Post match: The Shield's music hit, but instead of coming to the ring, they appeared on the TRON. They feel it is an injustice for the Shield not to be at ‘Mania so they challenge Orton and Sheamus and a partner of their choice at Mania. Orton and Sheamus immediately accept and Rollins says the "Showcase of the Immortals" is now the "Showcase of Justice" Believe in the Shield. **1/2

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 6/30/1997: Konnan v.s Jeff Jarrett.

This had some really awkward points. Other than that it was decent for whatever they were trying to accomplish. It ended after a couple minutes of Jarrett working on the legs of Konnan to slap on that Figure Four. I actually kind of liked how it ended but Konnan not having any chance to really fight back made this match fall flat.

3/4*-*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 6/30/1997: Kevin Nash v.s Rey Mysterio.

Mysterio out for some revenge! He doesn't get far but it was still a hell of a effort. It's weird seeing this and how Rey gets to run over big guys like their nothing now. He totally got destroyed here too. Just a complete onslaught for the short time this lasted.

*1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 6/30/1997: NWO(Randy Savage & The Outsiders) v.s DDP, Lex Luger & The Giant.

This didn't last go on for long and suffered terribly from everyone being in the ring at the same time for most of this match. Nothing happens for the longest time. It was just a ploy for NWO to destroy a few more guys on the WCW side of things. Ugh.

1/2*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Victory Road 2004 - Monster's Ball: Abyss vs. Monty Brown vs. Raven

The idea behind “the Monster's Ball” match is that you put all the participants in a pitch black room until they go nuts, then you turn them loose on one another. I wonder why that idea didn't stick 8D Non-stop action from bell-to-bell with some crazy stuff, but they really didn't sell the psychology behind the idea, which was they were supposed to be these unhinged, feral guys in there. Instead, it was just a normal hardcore match. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA Turning Point 2004 - Six Sides of Steel: America's Most Wanted vs. Triple X

The last time I watched this was maybe 2008 and by god it still holds up as the best match in TNA history and quite possible the best Cage match since Bret/Owen from Summerslam 1994. This is one of my all time favorite Steel Cage matches. The losing team must disband, from bell-to-bell these guys just go all out to make this one as epic as it could be they knew that this was gonna be the "LAST TIME" I loved the story Daniels handcuffing Chris Harris and then going to town on Storm. They added onto this by hitting AMW's finisher and taunting him with the key too which was hilarious. This had so many huge spots like the Tower of Doom with Daniels landing on his face. And of course the infamous Primetime spot where Elix Skipper walked across the cage and delivered a huricanranna to Chris Harris. "INSANE shit". The finish was perfect too with AMW returned the favor by hitting Triple X's PowerPlex to get the win. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA Destination X 2005 - Falls Count Anywhere Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss

Far superior to their botch-filled attempt at Against All Odds the previous month, the match was a fun enough to make me sit through it, it did have some nice brawling though, and I always like seeing Hardy get thrown around. Post-Match sees Abyss is unhappy, so he goes under the ring for some thumbtacks. He delivers the Black Hole Slam to a shirtless Hardy. No idea why they did that cause they the next month Abyss faced Styles and Raven faced Hardy so I have no idea what was the point of that. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA Lockdown 2005 – Steel Cage Match for the Number One Contenders match to the NWA Heavyweight Championship: AJ Styles vs. Abyss

Just like the AMW/XXX Cage match this is another one of my all-time favorite Steel Cage matches, never mind my fourth favorite TNA match. This is sort of a forgotten classic in TNA, as you don’t see much, if any at all, reference to it, and I’m not sure why. These guys just went balls out from the get go and the action never slowed down. Every spot had a purpose and a reason to add to the great storytelling of "the big unstoppable monster vs. the little guy who never gives up." The 2 cage door spots might be the most brutal and greatest bumps in TNA history. This was also the best bumping I've seen Styles do ever he was a beast in this match. There’s like two botches in this match that keep it from hitting five stars. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA Hard Justice 2005 - Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match: Raven vs. Sean Waltman

Isn't it ironic that Sean Waltman of all people replaced Jeff Hardy who no-showed the Pay Per View? The "Clockwork Orange" House of Fun match is basically a weapons match with cyclone fencing up against only one side of the ring and falls count anywhere. That was a decent enough hardcore spot-fest, but they had a lot of goofy stuff and Waltman looked pretty lost at times. This somehow managed to get him another run in the company for a few months before he fucked it up, TYPICAL! **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA No Surrender 2005 - Dog Collar Match for the NWA Heavyweight Championship: Raven vs. Abyss

This match had a "No Surrender" stipulation, meaning the match could not end by submission. This is the PPV debut of James Mitchell as Abyss’ manager. Needless to say, it was a great move adding Mitchell to Abyss. Until the fucked it up and had him feud with Sting. The two had your standard Abyss or Raven hardcore match, but that’s not really a bad thing. The dog collar is used a little, but it never feels like a dog collar match due to all of the weapons used. Still, Raven’s popularity and his underdog fight told a fun story. The final few minutes really got good to end the match on a high note. Just a pretty much a perfect way to start off Raven’s title reign. It’s a match style that he was known for and with all of the past he had with Mitchell. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA-TNA Bound For Glory 2005 - Monsters Ball II: Abyss (w/James Mitchell) vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Rhino vs. Sabu

Much crazier than the first Monsters Ball and just a better match all around. Except for them forgetting the concept of being in a dark room for 24 hours without food and water. There’s not even any good selling to be found other than Abyss’ putting over the Gore so well. Hell, Hardy tries to top his WrestleMania 16 dive, by diving off the top of the entrance way and putting Abyss through a table, and both of them wind up recovering fairly quickly. ***