Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Elimination Chamber 2011- Smackdown Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship. Edge(c) vs Rey Mysterio vs Drew McIntyre vs Wade Barrett vs Kane vs Big Show

Big Show replaces a kayfabe fired Dolph Ziggler. Match was better than I remembered. Edge and Rey start things off. Rey was probably the star of the match, taking big time bumps and performing several high spots including a seated senton from the top of a pod. Barrett on the other hand looked horrible. A good showing from both McIntyre and Kane. This was probably the last time Drew McIntyre was relevant. Edge and Mysterio last until the final two and after a midair spear; Edge retains the Championship. The last 5-7 minutes were definitely hot, with a bunch of near falls and false finishes. In the end, the right guy won the match.

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH The 100th Show - Six Man War: Team ROH (Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce, & BJ Whitmer) vs. Team CZW (Chris Hero, Super Dragon, & Necro Butcher)

This was part of the insane ROH/CZW feud, taking place during 2006. Thank God CZW had some good wrestlers to represent them here because because that promotion is hilariously bad. This was before Chris Hero got Awesome with Sweet 'n' Sour and way before WRESTLING GOD Hero also right about the time Super Dragon was in respectable shape. There's no commentary over this match, but you'll hardly notice due to the crowd heat and mostly constant action. I cant tell you how many times I've watched this but I swear it gets even more violent every time. Seriously this is quite possible the most violence I've seen in a ring ever. But the thing that makes this stand out is that it has storytelling surrounding some sick spots. And it didn't feel like a 3 man clusterfuck and everyone played a role in the match Hero stood out as that prick that hates the ROH fans and convinced his best friend who was working for ROH to switch teams, Necro took everything the ROH guys hand and still got back up whilst Dragon came off like a MURDER after that insane Psycho Driver. Joe was awesome, having excellent exchanges with all three opponents. Whitmer again deserves credit for putting his body on the line for the cause, whilst Pearce bled buckets and showed some incredible chemistry with Necro. Oh and it had a SWERE HEEL TURN. ****1/2 I know i'm overrating it and it's prob everything that wrong with wrestling, but it my gulity pleasure match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Final Battle 2006 - Kings of Wrestling vs. Briscoe Brothers

This was fun as hell match here as these guys just beat the hell out of each other. I've seen this way over-rated by a few people, but it’s still a crazy match and worth going out of your way to see. The only complaint is the selling wasn't particularly consistent. Post match, Castagnoli who had signed by the WWE a couple of days before this but then get his contracted scrapped because of a WWE fuck up would announce that he would be staying in ROH and promised to make 2007 a great year for the Kings of Wrestling. Sweeney exclaimed that he only cared for Chris Hero and Hero followed Sweeney, caring more for money then friendship. ***3/4

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
CM Punk vs Austin Aries - ROH World Title - ROH Death Before Dishonor III

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory by Honor XI - Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs. The Bravado Brothers

Before i get to the match i wanna say these two have the greatest theme songs in ROH right now, well other then Steen cause his is still the best. Okay the match was good it was a great pace from bell-to-bell they didn't come out going balls to the walls and kill the crowd which was good, and the crowd showed their appreciation for the ring work until the over kill typical ROH ending with a bunch of no selling and too many moves. **1/2 - **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory by Honor XI - Mike Bennett vs. Mike Mondo

This feud has been absolutely hilarious, it's the babyface trying to RAPE the heel’s girl. But other then that this was a good match and In fact, that might have been my favorite Bennett match to date. The dive off the rigging at the entrance was completely unnecessary and was not even needed in a match like this. It really sucks that Mondo is reportedly out for a year due to his broken tibia, and i was just becoming a real fan. *** Nigel's love for Maria is great.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kevin Steen vs Davey Richards - PWG Title - PWG The Perils of Rock N' Roll Decadence

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '92 - Legion of Doom vs Money Inc.

This was good enough for an opener, it had it's moments that I enjoyed it, but I felt it could have been better the whole time. Ending was pretty bad as well.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory by Honor XI - Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team vs. BJ Whitmer & Rhett Titus

I’m happy to see BJ Whitmer is back, but this match does nothing for me. I enjoyed the sequence between Haas and Whitmer with the multiple kicks that were preceded by “fuck you! I am Charlie Haas” or “fuck you! I am BJ Whitmer”. But other then that i felt my self not paying much attention. There was nothing technically wrong with this match, but when you nobody cares who wins, it's hard to get into it, if you know what i mean. **

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '92 - Nailz vs Virgil

:lmao that is all

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory by Honor XI - Jay Lethal vs. Davey Richards

Before the match Lethal debuts this awesome new “killer instinctâ€￾ gimmick which I'm pretty pumped for. The match that [MENTION=11]Andrew[/MENTION] said was a 10/10 :lmao it was far from perfect. Don't get me wrong it was enjoyable and i liked the technical wrestling in the early stages, but then it broke down into a Davey type match with too many no-selling moments. And doing SHIT just for pops. Lethal has the best story right now, so I'm happy he won, but other than that, it was just a typical ROH Davey match. And I FUCKING hate that finisher kickout just to go into a different move finish. ROH uses it too much. ***1/4 maybe even ***1/2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '92 - Rick Martel vs Shawn Michaels

This should have been so good, but it was ruined by the stupid no punching in the face rule and Sherri's hot outfit also provided a bit of a distraction. :lmao this is by far one of the worst endings to a match I think I've ever seen. The little wrestling we got in this one was good by the way, but it was few and far between.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '92 - WWF World Tag Team Championship: The Beverly Brothers vs The Natural Disasters (c)

I enjoyed this for the most part, thought it was about as good as it could have been. Beverly Bros. looked rreal good on offense, and they kept it believable since Typhoon was so big. Nice hot tag and ending moments as well.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory by Honor XI - Tadarius Thomas vs. Rhino

Roddy comes out without his ring gear on. Strong says that it’s not right that he is facing a jabroni after the intermission. Also, he is quitting House of Truth tonight. Roddy walks out, but Truth has found a replacement.. Rhino. During the match, Truth interrupts Kevin Kelly by telling him Roddy has not quit the HoT, and to stop stirring stuff up. Truth is always hilarious.There is rarely a time that when the dude speaks, I don’t laugh. Kind of like Prince Nana. And if you haven’t listened to Martini’s episode on the Art of Wrestling, you should. Anyways, the HoT is falling apart because Truth costs Rhino the match and then gets thrown out of the ring by Rhino. As you can see by this it was a nothing match just to get over the HoT storyline. *1/2 The guardrail bump Truth took HOLY SHIT!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ROH Glory by Honor XI - Tadarius Thomas vs. Rhino

Roddy comes out without his ring gear on. Strong says that it’s not right that he is facing a jabroni after the intermission. Also, he is quitting House of Truth tonight. Roddy walks out, but Truth has found a replacement.. Rhino. During the match, Truth interrupts Kevin Kelly by telling him Roddy has not quit the HoT, and to stop stirring stuff up. Truth is always hilarious.There is rarely a time that when the dude speaks, I don’t laugh. Kind of like Prince Nana. And if you haven’t listened to Martini’s episode on the Art of Wrestling, you should. Anyways, the HoT is falling apart because Truth costs Rhino the match and then gets thrown out of the ring by Rhino. As you can see by this it was a nothing match just to get over the HoT storyline. *1/2 The guardrail bump Truth took HOLY SHIT!

RAPE! :Truth:

WWF SummerSlam '92 - Crush vs Repo Man

HOLY SHIT! I just realized this is a match between former Demolition teammates! Anyway, this was better than Nailz/Virgil, but that's about all I can say about it.