Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Judgment Day 2001 - Gold Medal Match, 2/3 Falls: Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

The first fall was pin only, 2nd fall was Submission only and if needed the 3rd fall would be a Ladder match. The match was pretty fun all around, but was definitely too long. After these two men had fought so much in a straight wrestling match and a submission match the last two months, we really didn't need a rehash of those matches in the first two falls tonight. This match could have been better as tighter fifteen minute ladder match as the middle fall kind of killed the crowd. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Judgment Day 2001 - Hardcore Championship: Rhyno vs. The Big Show vs. Test

While Rhyno is the champion, the real bad blood is between Test and Big Show. Test had helped Shane McMahon defeat Show at Backlash and they had been battling since. The three men would brawl through the crowd and backstage, but the whole contest was standard hardcore match. The crowd was a bit flat for this one but Rhyno looked like a beast once again as he picks up another win. And the Ending GORE! spot was damn good i do wanna see him do it with a smaller man thought. **

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom VII: Killer Elite Squad vs Sword And Guns

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Judgment Day 2001 - Chain Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. Kane

A pretty brutal match that was much more physical than I remembered. Kane brought a ton of fucking of energy here, and that combined with brutal chain shots made by HHH's bumping. I loved his gameplan of jumping Kane and putting the chain on his bad arm so it hurt the arm when he pulled on it was outstanding, One good spot has Triple H with a chair in his hand outside, but Kane pulls the chain and Triple H’s head goes into the chair and the steel post, busting him open. Stone Cold comes out to help, but instead Steve screws up as he tries to hit Kane with a chair, but over swings, passes Kane’s head and cracks the Game in the head instead which allows Kane to get the pin to win the title. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Judgment Day 2001 - #1 Contenders Tag Team Turmoil

The participants for this match are The Acolytes vs. Dean Malenko/Perry Saturn vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. X-Pac/Justin Credible vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge/Christian vs. Chris Jericho with a Mysterious partner (BENOIT)

The APA looked dominant early as they ran through Saturn and Malenko. Their fight with the Dudleyz was more balanced, but the Holly's would run interference and take out their rivals. The Holly/Dudley war had been brewing and was focused around the relationship between Spike and Molly. The Dudleyz were still way over here but they hit the locker room fairly quickly in the match. X-Factor would be next and end up getting a pretty good push here. They even picked up a surprising win over the Hardyz. I guess they wanted a heel team to steamroll a bit to ensure that Jericho & Benoit were super over at the end and weren't splitting face pops with the Hardyz or Dudleyz. Heyman would put over how Benoit & Jericho were so desperate to take the tag belts that they would join forces after brutally feuding for most of the last year. X-Factor looked good here, but the Chris' really should have came in and KILLED THEIR them in thirty seconds. The long fall kind of wore out the crowd as they were ready to pop for it but it just dragged on too long. The same would go for the last fall. I know you don’t want to bury E&C but Jericho & Benoit really should have smoked both teams and looked like world beaters heading to Raw. *** You all know what match happens on the next RAW :mark:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Judgment Day 2001 - No Holds Barred for the WWF Heavyweight Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker

Vince McMahon joins the announce team and totally leaves some guy in the audience hanging on a handshake. AWESOME! This was a up and down affair thanks to the limitations of both guys. Austin's bumping in the early going was too AWESOME and his knee work was great, but Taker totally ignored it, so it was a waste of time. Taker was having a hard time doing anything outside of brawling and seemed to be gassed 15 minutes into it oh and the overbooking didn't help. But with this match you could see Triple H was being groomed for the big face turn as he’s doing the right thing while Austin messes things up but keeps his title. Same thing would happen the next night on Raw. Heyman spends the last few minutes of the show noting that HHH saved Austin and should be considered the MVP of the PPV. **3/4

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom VII: Togi Makabe vs Katsuyori Shibata

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE Monday Night RAW: Eve vs Kaitlyn

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE Monday Night RAW: Team Hell No vs Team Rhodes Scholars

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE Monday Night RAW: Randy Orton vs Heath Slater

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Dragon Gate Invasion - ROH Pure Championship: Samoa Joe vs. Nigel McGuinness
Despite dropping his match to Cabana at the previous card (which is how Colt gets his world title shot tonight), Nigel put on such a great performance he gets to challenge Joe for this belt for a second time This Probably the worst match they've had in ROH this year, but it was still fairly good. I did love the story of Nigel going all he could to jet Joe pissed cause he knew Joe would do something silly that would cost him a rope break. But I can’t help but think it made Joe, one of ROH’s biggest names, and someone that is facing Kenta Kobashi in a few shows, look a little weak. Aside from a few offensive flurries he pretty much got out-smarted and out-wrestled by a guy he’s already beaten twice this year. ***

ROH Dragon Gate Invasion - Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Jimmy Rave & Spanky (w/Alex Shelley & Jade Chung)
Shelley is injured we have a new Embassy member for a night which is Spanky in his final ROH match before returning to WWE. Opening is highly amusing with the trio doing the Spanky dance. This was a fun match and it got like 20 minutes but i felt they didn't tell that much of a story to advance the feud maybe it's because Shelly was injured and Spanky was just a one off so they didn't want to got too deep with the storytelling, still a good match but nothing special. *** - ***1/4

ROH Dragon Gate Invasion - AJ Styles vs. CIMA
This is Cima's first US match, I really liked that they worked the mat early before breaking it down the big high risk spots. CIMA's offense was crazy and it got him crazy over with the fans too. Only thing holding it back was it had a couple of communications and slight botches which are really noticeable. ***1/4

ROH Dragon Gate Invasion - ROH World Championship: James Gibson vs. Colt Cabana
Cabana earned this shot after beating Nigel McGuiness in a Soccer Riot Match to win their feud. This had some great story-telling here. Like Gibson trying to wrestle with Cabana in the early going but as soon as Colt interjected the European countering, Gibson started getting PISSED! and turned this into a fight. But Gibson was able to get it down to his slow methodical pace and did some nice neck work to end it with the TRAILER HITCH! ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 01/11/2013 - Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)

These two delivered a good match. The entire match was "spot, wait for count, set up spot, repeat" but that's what you're going to get from a Last Man Standing match. They did a good job telling the story of Alberto being unable to get the big man grounded and found a logical way to end the match. Good stuff. I think i would of enjoyed this more it WWE didn't spoiled it by announcing it on their website, Facebook and Twitter. This match was actually very well booked and allowed Del Rio to shine as best he can against Show. As I've said before, Del Rio will do better as a babyface since he can utilize his flashy Lucha offense much more often which people love to cheer for. ***1/2 I should add the roll put to the floor is one of the smartest things done in some time, cause normally wrestlers would try to stand up in the ring but for Del Rio to roll out onto his feet did make me mark. And then the finish with the announce table, GENIUS!

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
IMPACT Wrestling: Sting vs Mike Knox

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 01/09/2013 - Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/AJ Lee & Big E Langston)

[video=youtube;1_1xX4PK7xs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1_1xX4PK7xs[/video]
BIG FUCKIN' E

Dolph’s nameplate has added “World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Winner” to it. Good match and i didn't even mind the finish cause it saves Dolph from taking yet another pinfall loss. The referee did not break the count when Sheamus hit the floor which is a minor nitpick but should be noted since it happens in every other match except this one. Dolph's heat segment on Sheamus was good it was allot like the one he did on Cena on Raw and Sheamus' comeback was great here. The top rope DDT was a killa too. Just a really fun match here but you knew it was gonna be when you saw they were gonna be facing each other and it was given 20+ minutes.***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 05/21/2001 - WWF World Tag Team Championship: Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin & Triple H (w/ Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley)

GOD DAMN! this match still holds up and is prob the greatest 15 minutes in RAW history. This match is mainly remembered for being the match where HHH tore his quad, but before the injury occurred, this was one of the best tag team matches I've ever seen. The action was hot all throughout and as the match progressed, the crowd got more into it with the realization that the Chris' might be able to pull it off. The ending of the match was one of the hottest endings I've ever seen in Raw history When Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho On Austin but HHH goes in and hits Jericho from behind with a clotheslining (And tears his quad HHH goes to the outside and takes the monitors off the announcing table and attempts to pedigree Jericho, but Jericho counters it into the Walls of Jericho. In the ring, Benoit does the diving headbutt on Austin and covers but the referee was on the outside. Austin gets the stunner for the 2 count but Jericho drags out the referee. Lionsault on Austin. HHH grabs the sledge and was about to hit Jericho and hits Austin by accident and Jericho covers Austin and we got ourselves new Tag Team champions. ****3/4