Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE No Way Out 2003: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Eric Bischoff

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 - Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

Great match that they built up very well by having a slow pace early on, but then it really picked up in the middle and had a hot finish, they also got the crowd into it and kicked out of a lot of big moves leading to an exciting finish. I could watch these two wrestle for hours. Seriously. Iron-Man Match with Ziggler and Orton. Yes please! And the RKO finish was sick. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 -World Heavyweight Championship Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus

Alberto Del Rio drives out to the stage in a Ferrari Spyder :mark: While it started slow, the second half was really good and was worked well. They thankfully dropped the brogue kick ban, but I would be lying if I said the feud wasn't cold heading into the show. Thankfully they delivered a good match, but lets be honest Del Rio dropping 4 straight word title matches did nothing for him in 2012 so i'm kinda thankful they turned him face. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 - WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. John Cena

I like that they worked the mat work early on like they did in the MITB match. The last ten minutes of the match were outstanding, with each guy doing a moves that we're not used to seeing from them like Cena's dive outside the ring and Punk hitting the Rock Bottom to a huge reaction as well. My only problem with it was the It was Punk kicked out of the AA twice. Cena kicked out of the GTS twice. The finish was controversial, but it was done to allow for a rematch which i'm all for cause these two really bring out the best in each other. This wasn't MITB good but i can put this second and SS match third. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Hell in a Cell 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship Match: Sheamus vs. Big Show

This might have been the biggest surprise of the year. I didn't expect Sheamus & Big Show to have an awful match, but I don’t think many fans were expecting them to have such good chemistry. The story was basic, the Brogue Kick vs. The KO Punch and I think they played it to perfection. I also love how they continuously put over the fact that Sheamus had never faced Show before and didn't quite know how to deal with him. The commentary complimented the match so well. The last few minutes of this match in particular are really great. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 05/14/2001 - Edge & Christian vs Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho

Christian locks up against Jericho. Jericho twists the arm, then Jericho knocks down Christian. Benoit gets the tag and Benoit continued the punishment, then Christian makes the tag and Chris Benoit delivers a couple of chops to the chest of Edge. Benoit does two belly to back suplex on Edge and Christian breaks up the third one. Edge beats on Benoit and makes the tag to Christian. Benoit applies the crossface on Christian and Edge breaks it up. Edge gets the tag and he drop kicks Benoit. Benoit fights back, But Edge knocks him down and makes the tag. Christian stomps on him, then he chokes him. Edge gets the tag. While Christian was distracting the referee, Jericho goes on the top rope and drop kicks Edge. Benoit finally makes the tag and Jericho goes after Edge. Christian was knocked to the outside. Jericho does the Walls of Jericho on Edge and Christian hits him. Christian sends Benoit into the ring post, Kurt Angle runs and grabs his medals and he leaves and he was so happy. Then he gets two chairs and Edge and Christian swang the chairs but Jericho ducked and Benoit did a double drop kick and Jericho gets the pin. After the match, Chris Benoit tells him that those medals are made with chocolate and then Benoit reached in his tights and grabbed the real medals and Kurt Angle was upset. :lmao ***1/4 AWESOME 7 minute tag match, heat segment on Benoit was great and he sold it like only he could. As did Jericho, and his hot tag ruled. He did a great spot playing off Jericho vs. Christian on SD, where he ran over to knock Christian off the apron as Edge whipped him in, instead of falling victim to the finish from SD. The ending here was also amazing. Jericho ducked the Conchairto and Benoit hit a double dropkick sending the chairs into their faces. Jericho hit Edge with the Lionsault to win.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE Unforgiven 2003: Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 05/17/2001 - Eddie Guerrero & The Hardy Boyz w/Lita vs. Jerry Lynn, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn w/Terri

Jeff and Saturn start, with Saturn nailing a belly to belly, but Jeff firing back with a chinbuster. Jeff hits one of those elaborately named moves that only the Hardyz and 3 Count can come up with, which sends Saturn packing and brings the LHW champ in. Lynn gets a quick enzuguiri, but his advantage does not last long as he gets double teamed by the Hardyz and then Guerrero is tagged in. Guerrero gets a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker on Lynn, but then goes to attack Saturn and gets knocked out of the ring by Lynn where he gets double teamed by his former buddies. Saturn nails Eddie with some cool moves and goes for the cover a few times, but no dice. He tags in Malenko and picks Eddie up and drops him down on Dean’s knee (cool!). More cool double teaming from The Radicalz, and then Lynn comes back in to continue the Latino Heat beatdown. Lynn whips Guerrero to the ropes and they end up nailing each other with simultaneous crossbodies. This gives Eddie the opportunity he needs to tag in Matt while Lynn tags in Malenko. The Hardy Boyz go to work, taking out Saturn & Malenko, and hitting Poetry In Motion on Lynn. Matt goes for the Twist of Fate on Malenko, but Saturn breaks it up with a superkick. Eddie gets back in and locks in a new submission (“The Lasso From El Paso”) on Malenko, while Jeff takes care of Lynn on the outside and Matt pulls Saturn out. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Night Of The Grudges II - ROH Pure Wrestling Title: Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels

The match was technically fine and they worked the Pure stipulations quite well, but there wasn't any real intensity to the match, which is odd because the brawl they had to set this up was more fiery. I really felt it should've gone another five more minutes to allow for a few more exciting near-falls, but for believable and fun technical wrestling, I felt it delivered. It’s an obvious strategy, working Joe’s ribs to slow him down and wind him (as the bigger man), and Chris Daniels is really good at working a body part so that part of the match worked so well…but in the end he just couldn't withstand Joe’s hard-hitting offence. ***1/2

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE No Way Out 2006: Gregory Helms vs Scotty 2 Hotty vs Paul London vs Brian Kendrick vs Funaki vs Psicosis vs Super Crazy vs Nunzio vs Kid Kash

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 12/19/2012 - WWE World Tag Team Championship: Team Hell No vs. Team Rhodes Scholars

There are a TON of mustache signs in the crowd. HAHAHAHAHA! Just a great lengthy Tag Team Match. That would not have looked out of place on a WWE PPV whatsoever. Bryan is mega over, and so is Rhodes’ mustache. There was a fun spots in the match like when Daniel Bryan was wearing out Damien Sandow with some of his signature kicks. Cody Rhodes was on the apron yelling “STOP” and Bryan would yell back “NO” and then hit another kick. Also Rhodes Scholars used a couple of fake injuries to gain momentum in the match. It looked liked Cody had re-injured his shoulder on the floor but it was just a ploy (Good Heel Shit) Go out of your way to watch this one if you find the time, as this is the most time and energy put into a WWE Tag Team Match in quite some time. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Monday Night Raw 01/07/2013 - TLC Match for the WWE Heavyweight Championship: CM Punk (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Ryback

Good brutal title match that Punk was able to help Ryback through And I admit I've been very critical of Ryback but he’s getting better with every outing and him being in the ring with generals like Punk & Cena is really paying off. Punk took some pretty dangerous spots in that match that could have put the Rumble Match in jeopardy. But it was a fun TLC Match with some good spots, and there might have been a time or two where you thought Ryback may win. I’ll admit that when the lights went out I was hoping for something different but I like the Shield so it’s all good. ***1/2 Paul Heyman was a master here. Take a look at this facials and him shouting stuff during the match plus him crying at the end puts the icing on the cake. Absolutely amazing! GOD I LOVE THAT MAN.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Friday Night SmackDown 01/04/2013 - The Miz vs. Heath Slater (w/Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal)

A decent match to kick off the show, both guys looked like solid mid card guy but it wasn't anything special. Slater controlling like 8/10's of the match was a surprise but then Miz hit three moves and nailed a finisher to get a clean pinfall. I knew that Miz was going to win but at least Heath put up a very competitive fight. Miz as a babyface may be more annoying than he was a heel. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Friday Night SmackDown 01/04/2013 - Sheamus & Randy Orton vs. Big Show & Antonio Cesaro

Real good match, as to be expected. Everyone worked well together, and it told a nice story. LOVED the stare down at the end with Orton and Sheamus. I think that Orton is going to end up turning heel, which is where he BELONGS. Cesaro looks like he fits in with the main eventers but Orton’s refusal to cooperate with Cesaro’s offense was annoying; I like Randy and have supported him since Evolution back in '03 hell i was starting to like him when he was doing those video packages about his injured arm but GOD DAMN at times his refusal to sell at times and just act like he doesn't give a fuck is starting to piss me off. ***

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins