Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
TLC 2011: Jack Swagger vs Sheamus

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 05/07/2001 - Steel Cage Match: Chris Jericho vs. William Regal

Only way to win is to get out of the cage, Big Y2J chants start. And Regal tries to escape the cage right away and Jericho caught him and beat on him. Jericho sends regal to the ropes and hits him with the elbow. He drops kicks Regal on the cage. Jericho tries to climb up and Regal grabs him by the hair and does a few headbutts and throws Jericho back in. William Regal does a European uppercut. Regal throws Jericho face first on the cage. Regal rubs Jericho’s face on the cage. Regal throws Jericho into the turnbuckle, then Jericho kicks Regal and climbs up, but Regal catches up and does a suplex from the top rope. Jericho capitalizes on Regal’s mistake and he tries to apply the Walls of Jericho, but then he does a sling shot. Jericho was going for the Lionsault, but Regal moves. Regal climbs up and Jericho catches up and both men are fighting while standing on the top rope, then Regal falls in the ring and Jericho is climbing down, then Regal decides to beat him on his way out and he decides to go out the door and he was going, then Jericho kicks the cage door in Regal’s face on his way out and Regal falls in the ring and Jericho jumps down and gets the win. ***1/4 Really fun and relatively brutal 8 minute cage match. A lot of face grinding on the cage and stiff hitting.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH on HDNet Episode 29 (10.12.09) - Chris Hero vs. KENTA

This didn't quite venture into 2009 MOTYC territory, with the early going being which was pretty much meaningless stuff with 2 guys working body parts for no reason other than to waste time or feel each other out. But once they started STIFFIN' each other up with big strikes this became a hell of a brutal one. And the interference from Kingston made sense even if it was going along just fine without it. However, at least it made sense. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2012 - WWE Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs. CM Punk

Before the match, it was made clear that with Triple H appearing on RAW the next night to evaluate & possibly fire John from his position at RAW General Manager, John decided to make himself the outside enforcer while having a regular referee in the ring & even removed Vickie Guerrero from ringside. Both men went back & forth throughout the match with some great counters and coming up with new stuff, but as i'm watching this back i couldn't help but feel this was nothing more than a backdrop to continue the storyline between Ace & Punk and that kinda took away from the action. Plus Dolph didn't get enough offense in i'm pretty sure for 10 straight minutes he was getting his ass kicked. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 - Elimination Chamber Match for the World Champion: Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Santino Marella vs. Great Khali vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett

This was a match that should not be on the Best of 2012 set at all, i could think of 10 more matches that is better than this but with that being said it was way better than expected going in with the fact that Khali was one of the participants and he didn't effect the match at all while the story of Santino being the underdog really caught on to the point where the crowd was getting behind him here at the end. Don't get me wrong this wasn't good by any means and it started off seriously boring before getting a little less boring and thank GOD for the Santino/Bryan ending which doesn't hold up as that hot anymore but tbf without that this would of been worse than the "December to Dismember" one ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXVIII - “End of an Era” Hell in a Cell Match: The Undertaker Vs. Triple H (Guest Referee Shawn Michaels)

JR calling this match is a nice touch and still showed why he is needed on Raw, Michael Cole pointed out the interesting facts that not only has Triple H has won more HIAC matches than Undertaker but also never lost a match where Shawn was the referee which was a nice touch. This was just an amazing performance from both, as they just beat the shit out of each other with every punch, kick, chair shot and hammer hit being more violent then the last. I literally don’t think they could have produced a more perfect match given the guys involved, unless there had been blood or DEATH!. This had such PHENOMENAL characterizations, psychology and storytelling in the ring, they packed in all the crazy near falls you'd expect and just beat the shit out of each other for 40 minutes. To me this was like watching a movie and Taker was that ultimate good guy who wants some revenge because the bad guy left him laying one year ago, and he does get the best of the slight bad guy Triple H but then things turn bad and the big bad HHH starts pounding away and at times it looked like the ultimate good guy was down and out but he rose above the ashes and finally figured out how to defeat the bad guy. With the all the punishment he did to him a year ago. Shawn also added so much to the match as a ref it's unbelievable E.G. the Superkick into the Pedigree might be one of the top 10 false finishes of all time and it gets me every time. ****3/4

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Bad Blood 2003: Dudley Boys vs Rodney Mack/Christopher Nowinski

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Bad Blood 2003: Scott Steiner vs Test

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXVIII - The Rock vs. John Cena

Not quite the epic showdown that is was suppose to be this didn't have any real storytelling it was just two guys getting their shit in and neither guy did much selling. Cena looked off at time like this was 2003 and this was his first WM main event. The poorly executed submission spots didn't help at all but i guess that what happens when Cena calls the match 96% of the match. Rock was gassed like 10 minutes into it and his offense was underwhelming to say the lease but he just went 30 minutes after being retired for years, so i can't be too upset. But i can say this they had some nice near falls in the middle and a really good ending that finally had some storytelling with Cena getting cocky and trying to do the peoples ending but got caught with the rock bottom for the win. *** At least the crowd got to see a once in a life time match and hopefully this is the last time i have to watch this.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2012 - Intercontinental Champion: Christian vs. Cody Rhodes

This was a pretty good match. Both Cody and Christian got to shine during this match. The sequences during the end of this bout were really well done and saved what could have been another "Meh" bout between these two guys. Christian and Rhodes haven't put on bad matches together, but they haven't been able to get the fans into their work which is a bit disappointing to see. I wish this match had three or so more minutes to keep it going as the fans were just getting a taste of something special in this feud. ***1/4

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Bad Blood 2003: Goldberg vs Chris Jericho

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2012 - No Disqualification Match for the WWE Championship w/ AJ as Special Guest Referee: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

In terms of the actual fight, this was another great showing from Punk and Bryan, who prove that they cannot have a bad match together. While not quite as technical as the OTL match they showed they can get hardcore if needed they managed to fit in all of their usual great stuff while embellishing on it all with the No DQ stip by introducing different weapons and gimmicks perfectly into the mix. But i could help but feel the story involving AJ kinda overshadowed the quality of the match. ***1/2 - ***3/4

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Armageddon 2003: Goldberg vs Triple H vs Kane

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE SummerSlam 2012 - Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

For me this is a match either you love it or really hate it and for i'm part of that small group that love it The storytelling is fantastic and the psychology is off the charts. The arm work by Brock, and Triple H's selling of it was top notch. The key locks, slam on the mat and even the first one on the table and the arm stomps all make this match so much better. Then you had Brock's selling of the stomach which was LEGIT the greatest thing in some time I remember watching it for the first time and I swear to god I thought he was legit hurt plus seeing a man his size sell like he's gonna die is just great. ****1/4 And I didn't even talk about how "BADASS" Brock looks when he takes off the gloves. http://i.imgbox.com/abgwWtjc.gif See for yourselves

Post-match, Brock stalks to the back and Trips is left lying as the music dies down. He and the WWE desperately were wanting the slow clap of respect from the fans. There's a small “Triple H” chant going but it dies rather quickly to be replaced by a louder “You Tapped Out” chant. The Trips chants come back but they are also joined by some boos. He continues slowly milking it for all it's worth and the crowd more or less comes around as he starts to cry. Not the emotional ending they were hoping for.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 - Fatal-4-Way for the Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes

This match was brutal to start with. Their timing was off and there was a bunch of messed up spots early on. Thankfully It got better as the match went on and was pretty formulaic opener. But at the end of the day, we're looking at a very average match, about the quality that you would see on WWE TV on any given week. It felt slow in spots, but a pretty solid spot-feast opener. JBL's addition on commentary made this allot more interesting then is should of been. ***