Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Backlash 2001 - Six Man Tag Team match: The Dudley Boyz vs X-Factor (X-Pac, Justin Credible and Albert)

That was a good, energetic opener and the typical Chicago crowd was totally into it. The Dudley’s are always a good choice to open the show. I’m not sure what the point was of giving X-Factor the win since they accomplished practically nothing in the tag division, but The Dudley’s still come out looking strong after putting X-Pac through the table. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Backlash 2001 - Hardcore Championship: Rhyno vs. Raven

Excellent hardcore match here and it still holds up as one of my favorites. These two went balls out mixed in a great story of Rhyno being unfuckingstoppable and Raven having to outsmart him combined with a bunch of fucking awesome brutal and innovative spots the likes of which we hadn't seen since the early days of Blackman. Rhyno was so damn AWESOME and underrated for the WWF during 2001. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Backlash 2001 - Duchess of Queensbury match: William Regal (w/The Duchess of Queensbury) vs. Chris Jericho

That was pretty goofy but it put a lot of heat on Regal and they did do a few creative things here. Could of been so much better but the stipulation let it down. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Backlash 2001 - 30-Minute Ultimate Submission Match: Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

There were a lot of great parts, and about 95% of it made sense. But there were some logic flaws in it though. Both men worked down the body parts that would help lock in their respective finishers to start, but then at some point switched it up as Angle started working on the arm and Benoit on the leg. I'm guess that was because they wanted to beat the other with their OWN submisson move, they did have some good psychology and intensity though, but a lot of the stuff just didn't seem to go anywhere and the fast submissions really hurt don't get me wrong it's smart to tapout fast and "Live to fight another day" but doing it 6 times. C'MON. I would have liked more actual limbwork, but this isn't bad. Could have been better, but worth seeing. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Backlash 2001 - Last Man Standing match: Big Show vs. Shane "Which Way Did He Go?" McMahon

SHANE DEBUT'S "HERE COMES THE MONEY" theme :mark: This is a rematch from Backlash 2000 although the face-heel roles are reversed. This one’s a hard one to rate, as Shane’s only offense consisted of weapon shots while Show’s offense consisted of a few power moves. Overall though, this is pretty damn good and this one needed to be overbooked with interference like they did for it last year. Replays show that McMahon didn’t even make contact with Show on that big SPOT. :lmao

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Backlash 2001 - Triple Threat match for the European Championship: Matt Hardy vs. Christian vs. Eddie Guerrero

So on this past SD Backlash was booked for Eddie/Raven for the euro title but Matt beat Eddie for the title so Commissioner Regal gave Eddie his rematch here and also put Christian in the match too cause he and Edge took on KANE that same night, oh and Regal put Raven in the hardcore match cause of his past in that division. OKAY GOT IT. This match was fast paced and a lot of fun, all three guys worked very well with each other, as you would expect. It probably would've benefited with more time, but what we got here was a good match. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Backlash 2001 - WWF Heavyweight Championship, Intercontinental Championship & Tag Team Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin & Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. The Undertaker & Kane

Whoever gets the pin wins the title E.G. If his team would win he and Taker retain the tag titles and Kane would be the WWF Champion. As for Taker. The real story to this one is Kane’s injured arm, which was brutally beat by Austin and Triple H in the days leading up to the PPV. This did not need to be 27 minutes, AT ALL!. They pretty much killed time for 10 minutes, before the actual story began. Taker wanted to keep Kane out because of the bad arm, and then they finally isolated Kane and worked the arm. But the heat segment on Kane was fuckin' brutal and made this more fun. The finish was pretty predictable and you might think the Power Trip winning the titles was a big deal, but really they were rapidly losing meaning cause since NWO 2001 2 months ago the titles have changed hands SIX times. **1/2

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Hell In A Cell 2011: CM Punk vs Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 04/30/2001 - Hardcore Championship: Rhyno vs. Chris Jericho

William Regal comes down to the announce table for the match. The match starts with Rhyno attacking Jericho. Jericho throws Rhyno to the outside. Rhyno grabs a street sign and Jericho drop kicks him in the face. Jericho sends Rhyno into the steel steps. Jericho grabs a chair and was about to hit Regal and Rhyno attacks him. Then, Jericho grabs a trash can lid and nails Rhyno and throws him back in the ring. Rhyno gives Jericho a few right hands, then sends Jericho into the garbage can and covers, but Jericho kicks out at the count of two. Rhyno goes on the top rope with a trash can and Jericho nails him with a steel chair and places the chair in the ring and does a hurricanrana on Rhyno. Edge comes out and Jericho nails him, then Christian sprays him with a fire extinguisher and Rhyno does the GORE GORE GORE GORE and gets the win. After the match, William Regal goes in the ring and was about to hit Jericho, then Jericho gets right up and beats on Regal with a trash can lid. **3/4 Really really fun 5 minute match here Rhyno has been on a streak of putting on good short Hardcore matches. Some of the best since Blackman was champ.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Vengeance 2011: John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 04/30/2001 - WWF World Championship: The Undertaker vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Undertaker was waiting in the ring, then Austin’s music hits and he never came out, then we see Austin and Triple H beating on Kane backstage. Undertaker runs backstage and beats on them. Then, they come back on the entrance ramp and Undertaker beats on Austin. Undertaker throws Austin in the ring and the match officially starts. Austin has Undertaker in the corner and beats on him. Austin tries to go for the stunner and Undertaker kicks him in the face. HHH comes with a sledge hammer and Undertaker knocks him down, and the referee calls for the bell. Then Austin low blows Undertaker and then Undertaker gets hit with the sledge hammer. Kane comes to help out and he gets attacked and they put his arm on the steel steps and Austin hits his arm several times with the steel chair. Austin Pillmanizes the arm, and then they beat Taker with the chair some more for fun. I know this wasn't a LEGIT match but HOLY SHIT this was a FUCKING AWESOME way to get heat.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Extreme Rules 2011: Randy Orton vs CM Punk

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Redemption - Alex Shelley, Jimmy Rave & Abyss (w/Prince Nana) vs. Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Matt Sydal (w/Daizee Haze)

Nana brought Abyss in as the war with GenNext began to escalate. Haze is apparently one of the perks of recruiting Sydal, so that's automatically a good decision in my book. Jade Chung is noticeably absent. According to Prazak, she's been ordered to clean every one of Nana's bathrooms in his Ghana palace. What a treat that was, with everyone bringing their best to the table and putting on a hell of a match. This one was a lot of fun, and Abyss was actually booked like a monster here instead of just a big guy in a mask. Sydal is in, but GenNext immediately pays for the win as Abyss dismantles them one by one. Sydal's sell of the Black Hole Slam is pretty insane. Prince Nana promises it ain't over. ***1/2 -***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Redemption - Grudge Match: Low Ki vs. Jay Lethal

In many ways this was their best match yet, as it did a superb job of building on their previous encounters to show the progression of Jay Lethal. But booking a double DQ in a grudge match isn't the best idea, but I guess Ki didn't want to job. Homicide attacks Lethal from behind, but Matt Hardy makes the save. Matt calls out Homicide, so we get our next match. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Redemption - Matt Hardy vs. Homicide

This really isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Admittedly it wasn't spectacular and felt a little out of place in an ROH ring, but it had its moments like Cide's work on the neck and his cheap heel tactics, but this also exposed how vanilla Matt's offense really is. And i did like how the crowd was getting sick of Matt and this is like his 3rd maybe 4th show. **3/4