Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory By Honor IV - Fight Without Honor: Low Ki (w/Julius Smokes) vs. Jay Lethal

Jay Lethal hijacks the show and demands that Low Ki come out so that they can end their feud. J-Train comes out to Low Ki's music and asks Lethal why Ki should even bother. He tells Lethal to reinstate Low Ki if he beats him tonight, which makes no sense and the commentators say so. I guess that Ki's matches against Lethal since December have all been non-sanctioned. Lethal agrees, but he wasn't even part of the reason Ki was suspended in the first place. What a mess!

Pretty disappointing match, but the last few minutes of the match were pretty insane. The problem with Ki feuds is that 98% of the time he doesn't put people over but lets be honest Lethal was a little sloppy and not particularly aggressive considering it was supposed to be his revenge match. Ki ended up carrying the match and the fans recognize that by cheering for him. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory By Honor IV - Pure Championship: Nigel McGuinness vs. Roderick Strong

I really liked the story they were going for, with McGuiness doing everthing he could to slow down and avoid Strong’s chops and backbreakers offence by cheating. They were the good parts, the negative parts but the real problem about this was how badly it DRAGED. About 8 minutes of this 12 minute contest was Nigel applying a headlock. **3/4 As is the case with a lot of earlier ROH matches, these two would go on to do better, but this was a fun midcard match between two guys clearly on the rise

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory By Honor IV - Homicide (w/Julius Smokes) vs. Colt Cabana

Homicide felt disrespected when Cabana called him his "nizzle" as a joke. Cabana spends a long time having fun with Julius Smokes. For some reason, Smokes takes off his shirt. :lmao The match was nothing special kinda somes up the feud really, don't get me wrong I loved seeing Cide attempt to KILL! Colt on every show and taking a shot everytime they used a swear word but lets be honest the feud was garbage and the only real good thing that came out of this was the Cide face turn. Okay little rant done back to the match, I liked some of Homicide’s heel work, and his neck-based offence at least added a slight semblance of psychology, but too much of this was lame standing around and punching. **

Homicide and Smokes continue to beat Cabana up, and the rest of the Rottweilers, including Low Ki, come out to join them. Samoa Joe comes out to make the save, and he and Cabana chase Homicide and Smokes to the back. Ki calls out Joe but gets Jay Lethal instead. Lethal wants to fight Ki again!

ROH Glory By Honor IV - Jay Lethal vs. Low Ki
Prazak calls it “Fight Without Honor Part Two” so I assume this is under FWH rules.8D As fun as this was in terms of brutality, Lethal’s sympathetic performance and the crazy, sports-entertainment-esque brawling all over the place he looked mad green here but I did liked this more than their match earlier tonight, even if I did find it unnecessary. Lethal should have just gone over to begin with. *** I think this is like the 3rd time Ki has ever put anyone over but i still don't get why Ki and Lethal both won matches on this show if this is the end of the feud and tbf this is another feud that did nothing for either guy if you think about it cause a couple of shows down the line Ki would face KENTA then quit ROH and Lethal turned heel and i don't think he EVER GOT A TITLE SHOT.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory By Honor IV - Four-Corner Survival: Samoa Joe vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Adam Pearce vs. Ricky Reyes

WOW one of the big 3 shows for ROH and this is the best they could book JOE! you know JOE the guy who carried the title for 21 months has been the face of the company for 3 years and counting now C'MON This is Pearce’s ROH debut. Whitmer is one half of the Tag Team Champions here, but his partner Jimmy Jacobs isn't even booked on this show. Why wouldn't you want a tag team title match on one of your biggest shows? The last few minutes were fun, but leading up to that was a boring tag match between partners that didn't make sense. AND HOLY FUCK THIS WAS GIVEN 20 MINUTES! **1/4 Joe gets on the microphone after the match to tell Adam Pearce that he sucks dick. Joe puts himself over, as well he should. TBF the post match promo was better than the match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory By Honor IV - ROH World Championship: James Gibson vs. Bryan Danielson

If some of you don't know who James Gibson is, he is the WWE's Jamie Noble, one of the WWE's biggest wasted opportunities. He does work there as a road agent now though, and if you have a guy like James Gibson helping guys put matches together, then I guess it can't be that big of a waste. Danielson debuts "Final Countdown" as his theme music here. He's also returned to his old look rather than the "Deliverance" look he had for most of the year. Interesting that this was bumped out of being the MAIN EVENT! Okay this match still fucking holds up as a serious MOTYC This quite possible could be the definition of a wrestling clinic. If faultless, technically perfect, well-structured, well-paced, hold-for-hold wrestling. This was a mat-classic and is what i would call a human chess game From the opening bell to bell. The early exchanges as both guys jostled to one-up each other and establish control…then Gibson working the neck and midsection for the Trailer Hitch and Tigerbomb…THEN Danielson working the arm for the Cattle Mutilation. But with his injured neck he couldn't use that move, so instead he pulled out Bob Backlund’s vaunted chickenwing to savage Jamie’s massacred arm and take the win. ****1/2 After the match, Danielson scolds a fan for calling Gibson a sellout and asks for a round of applause for Gibson. However, Danielson says, he didn't become a professional wrestler to answer to "the Man," so while Joe, Aries, Punk and Gibson are off to TNA or the WWE, he promises to stay and defend the title in ROH, where he can wrestle for a living. "This title represents WRESTLING freedom"

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory By Honor IV - Styles Clash vs. Rave Clash: AJ Styles (w/Mick Foley) vs. Jimmy Rave (w/Prince Nana)

Foley is tagging along with AJ to make sure the odds are even. This would also be Foley's last appearance as he signed a new deal with the WWE. The winner is the first person to hit the Styles/Rave Clash, and the loser can never use the move again. :lmao man some of the booking on this show has been a mess. This had a ton of things going against it. Foley was more of a distraction as the fans were paying more attention to him early. Plus, it had to follow the big title switch. Not a bad match, but it was hardly the epic blowoff that the fans and bookers were hoping it would be. After the match Foley cuts a long promo, talking about how much he loves ROH but he’s going back to WWE now. He beats up Nana a bit and leaves to the cheers of the crowd.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE WrestleMania 25: Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE TLC 2009: Drew Mcintyre vs John Morrison

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
TNA Against All Odds 2012: Bobby Roode vs Jeff Hardy vs Bully Ray vs James Storm

Rating: *

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
TNA Against All Odds 2012: Austin Aries vs Alex Shelly

Rating: ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 01/16/2013 - Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro

Very good match until the predictable run in by the Shield. Cesaro looks good in these main event matches and will fit in the top slots once they are vacated by some of the current heel main eventers. He and Orton have had a few good matches together recently; Randy is weird, he either has really good matches with opponents or really boring ones. He and Cesaro have the good chemistry, which bodes well for Cesaro. After the match, Miz tried to make the save but got beat up and then Cesaro Neutralized him. They pushed the Cesaro/Miz feud here and made it seem interesting atleast. I'd assume Cesaro will have a rematch with Orton, probably on Raw. ***

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Christina Von Eerie vs Portia Perez - Shimmer Vol. 45

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Cheerleader Melissa (c) vs Nicole Matthews - Shimmer Title - Shimmer Vol. 45

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW Is War 06/04/2001 - WWF World Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Chris Jericho

The match starts with Austin attacking Jericho in the corner. Jericho fights back and delivers a couple of chops to the chest of Austin. Jericho then applies the Walls of Jericho on Austin, but Austin grabs the ropes. On the outside, Austin clotheslines Jericho and sends him back in the ring. Spring board drop kick by Jericho. Austin sends Jericho into the steel steps. Then he throws Jericho on Mick Foley and Foley is down. Jericho fights back, by throwing Austin into the steel steps. Mick Foley gets up and throws Austin in the ring. Bulldog by Jericho and he attempts to do the lionsault, but Austin puts his knees up. Spine buster by Austin. Austin kicks Jericho in the ribs. Austin applies a submission hold on Jericho. Jericho tries to fight back, but Austin delivers a low blow and covers, but only gets a two count. He starts kicking Jericho. Austin tries to argue with Foley, then Jericho low blows Austin. Both men exchange fists. Jericho drop kicks Austin from the top rope. He puts Austin in the top rope and does a hurricanrana and only gets a two count. Jericho accidently hits the referee. Jericho does the Walls of Jericho on Austin, Foley goes in to see, then Regal comes out and attacks Mick Foley from behind. Jericho goes after Regal and Mick Foley accidently hits Jericho with a chair. Austin sends Jericho in the ring and covers, but Jericho kicks out. Stunner by Austin and he gets the win. After the match, Jericho does the Walls of Jericho on Regal, then Mick Foley does the mandible claw on Regal. ***1/4 Good match, but not as good as either Austin/Benoit matches from the previous week. But lets be honest Jericho is no Benoit in the ring. Austin's heel segment was awesome though.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
WWE Money In The Bank 2010: RAW MITB Ladder Match.