Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Boston 11/01/86 - WWF Tag Team Championship: The British Bulldogs vs. The Hart Foundation (w/Jimmy Hart)

Pre-match comedy segment where Matilda the Bulldog chases Jimmy Hart around the ring. Lord Alfred Hayes fantasizes about her ripping Jimmy's pants off. :lmao Anyway this was a pretty standard Bulldogs/Harts match for 15 minutes. Could of been allot better but i guess they wanted to tone it down or maybe it was the "Stampede style formula" that made it look like they slowed it down. I also liked the ending sequence, as the ref takes a bump and all heck breaks loose, with a great dramatic ending. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 1992 - WWE Intercontinental Title: Bret Hart vs. The British Bulldog (w/Lennox Lewis)

This is arguably the greatest Summerslam match of all time. I can deffently say this is Davey’s best match ever. This match was nonstop action and included one of my favorite accidentally sick spots of all time when Bret goes for a plancha and winds up nearly breaking Davey's damn neck by taking him down with a reverse bulldog instead. Also from a technical stand-point, this one is perfect, from the execution, variety, the pacing and the near falls are all astonishing well done, and without a hitch. Also, loved the story of Davey having something to prove by facing Bret head on, and eventually outsmart Bret to win the Championship, and for the family to re-unite at the end, for the happy ending. The only problem I have with this match was the few messed up spots that just can’t go ignored. I’m going to say that it was probably nerves more than anything else, but that pescado and the press slam was completely noticeable and could really injured somebody. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Florence, SC 01/11/94 - Bret Hart & Owen Hart vs. The Steiner Brothers

Both teams are baby-faces. Yes, this is the famous only meeting in history between these two teams. Both teams had no problem hitting hard and fast moves, and I liked the mirroring situation where both teams had a man in peril at some point or another. Everything was hit to perfection and smoothly, it was video game like. I loved the post match brawl with them as well, after both teams get counted out, they go back in for a big fight scene. After they calm down, they both shake hands! Great sportsmanship and it made me smile. Shame we never saw a rematch as Owen turned heel shortly afterwards. The match was amazing, and probably one of the best matches of the decade. And i'm 100% sure the best tag match of that decade. If it was given a legit ending would be five stars IMO. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 1994 - World Tag Team Championship Match: The Quebecers (w/Johnny Polo) vs. Bret Hart & Owen Hart

If you didn't know Polo is Raven. Great match as the Hart's could pretty much work with anyone. I also loved the story here of Bret’s leg giving him trouble, he sold it from bell-to-bell, and to the point that he refused to tag to Owen due his own ego. The ref calls the match off as a result, and Owen snaps, demanding an explanation as to why Bret wouldn't tag out. He kicks Bret’s leg from under him, and the heel turn is complete. Owen claims Bret was selfish. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 1994 - Cage match for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart

Another incredible match between these two that many consider to be one of the best cage matches of all time. They broke the stereotype that cage matches have had for twenty years before for being nothing more than bloody brawls and thought outside the box to give us a technical classic. I've heard people gripe on this match because they say there’s a lack of action, but they more than made up for that with a phenomenal psychological performance. ***** One of the all-time great matches with fantastic storytelling, old-school hatred, and amazing execution.

After the match, Neidhart jumps the guardrail and clotheslines Bulldog and Diana over the guardrail to the floor. Neidhart goes after Bret as he and Owen throw Bret back in the cage and lock the door. They beat on Bret as they try to keep the rest of the Hart brothers from getting in the cage. Eventually, Bulldog and the brothers get in the cage, but Neidhart and Owen climb out of the cage and head to the back. Officials break the padlock off the door as the family and officials check on Bret. :mark:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
RAW 11/07/1994 - Bret Hart & The British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart & Jim Neidhart

IDK about this one normally when guys know each other like these 4 guys do you would think it would be automatic and filled with great stuff, but for some reason this wasn't it was pretty slow and predictable don't get me wrong all the action was here but it felt more like a house show match and it went well their so why no TV it ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw 03/03/1997 - Vacant European Championship, Tournament Final: Owen Hart vs. The British Bulldog

This took place in Germany (LUCKY BASTARDS), and told a great fucking story, had no dead spots, and was pretty much 100% clean the whole way through, and not to mention foreshadowed one of the greatest angles in WWF history when they had their rematch a few weeks later. It’s clear that they used spots and took inspiration from their families past, like with Bret/Davey and Owen/Bret, but then raised the states due to their athleticism. Also, loved the finish where Owen was trying to be heelish and sneaky, but it backfired, costing him the match. As I said, incredible technical masterpiece of a match, and of the best free TV matches you’ll ever see. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF In Your House 16 "Canadian Stampede" - Bret Hart, Owen Hart, the British Bulldog, Brian Pillman & Jim Neidhart vs. Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust & the Legion of Doom

What a main event and it still holds up to this day as the best 10 man tag in wrestling history. There was nonstop action for twenty-five minutes, from bell to bell. Bret and the Harts got their huge shining moment in the USA/Canada rivalry of ’97. The crowd were extremely hot, with most of the crowd rooting on the Harts and the amount of heat Austin got in this match is what he wanted when he turned in 2001, his heel performance was AMAZING. As much as I love this match my only problem with it is the ending, C'MON a roll-up ending to a hot 25 minute match was just out of the blue. The pacing made it feel like they were gonna go 50 minutes but then it just ended which upset me. And it was right after Austin started beating up the Hart family who were at ring side.

After the match the entire Hart family clears the ring of Team US, and then Austin makes another go at it with a chair and gets the shit beat out of him 10-on-1 style. Harts continue the beating until security finally gets in long enough to arrest Austin and drag him back to the dressing room in handcuffs. Austin flips off the crowd behind his back as the Harts celebrate, end of show. ***** for the whole thing.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF RAW 07/21/2997 - Flag Match: Steve Austin, Dude Love & The Undertaker vs. Bret Hart, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog

This is the full version of the match that was featured on the Raw 15th Anniversary DVD. We actually get the patriotic rendition of "Oh Canada" (the match takes place in Halifax). It was supposed to be Austin, Dude & Shawn Michaels, but Shawn is nowhere to be found. SHOCKING!!!! This is the blowoff match to the AWESOME Canada/USA feud. What hurt this match was that the action was only slightly above mediocre, due to the commercial breaks missing some of the match, and because of the fact this was a flag match means a fair bit of the time was spent going for the pole rather than the actual wrestling. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Smackdown 12/25/2009 - WWE Unified Tag Titles: D-Generation X vs. The Hart Dynasty (w/Natalya)

This is probably the best match The Hart Dynasty had as a team. Just a shame WWE split them up with no valid reason. Except for some shitty heel turn, CMON. Triple H and Shawn Michaels give them a good bit of offence, and while I never believed that The Harts would win the match or anything, the action was above average, it was given a good bit of time and I had no massive complaints. *** - ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/01/2001 - #1 Contender’s Qualifying Match: The Undertaker vs. Rikishi

The winner of this match would go on to face the winner of the Rock/KANE match on Smackdown. The match actually wasn't that bad but the ending was a little sudden. Plus it’s surprising that a DDT would finish Rikishi off since Samoans are supposed to have hard heads. But i guess they were telling a story with Taker selling of the ribs and chest, and Rikishi was brutal as shit here. Taker couldn't lift Rikishi for the Chokeslam or Last Ride so why not go with a DDT. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/01/2001 - WWF Hardcore Title: Raven vs. Tazz

Raven is out first with his shopping cart of plunder and pours some of it in the ring then gets on the mic declaring today the first day of the Year of the Raven. Raven says the fans will bear witness to the Raven Effect but gets interrupted when Tazz comes out. Raven waffles Tazz with a trash can lid on the apron then goes out and slips a rope with a noose around Tazz’s neck and tosses him over the barrier into the crowd. Raven hits Tazz with the lid again as they make their way to the back and Tazz slaps on the Tazzmission but Raven escapes with a kick below the belt. Tazz slips the rope off his neck and hits Raven with a trash can. Raven crawls into the women’s restroom but Tazz pounds on him then gives Raven a swirlier in a filled toilet. Both men head out of the restroom when Tazz goes for a whip but Raven sends him into a nearby drink stand. Raven throws Tazz into a room and rams him into a beam. The Holly's suddenly swarm in with a pair or referees and Hardcore chucks a monitor at Raven who ducks it. The Hollys double-team both guys as Molly cheers on. Hardcore rams Raven through a door and into a wall when Steve Blackman appears and clocks Raven with a lid. Hardcore pounds on Blackman into another room when Molly tries to cover Raven but Crash pulls her off. Crash asks Molly what’s up when Tazz swings a chair at him but Crash ducks it and rams Tazz into the wall. Crash then covers Tazz (huh?) and the referee counts (what?!) but Raven sprays them with a fire extinguisher. Can someone tell me how Crash pinning Tazz (who isn't the champion) would have won him the title? Even with this whole 24/7 rule wouldn't the competitors still have the pin the actual champion to win? Raven breaks a 2×4 on Crash head then covers him and gets the three, even though Crash isn’t his opponent. * This was a mess!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/01/2001 - Tables Match: The Dudley Boyz & Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian

All six men duke it out when Jericho tosses Christian through the ropes and Bubba tosses Angle out as well. Those guys spill out to the floor while in the ring Edge whips D’Von but D’Von comes back with a clothesline. D’Von rams Edge into Bubba’s boot then catches Christian with a right but Edge comes back with a clothesline. Edge gets in some stomps then tags Angle in and once again I’ll never understand why tables matches need tags. Angle hits a back suplex then tags Christian back in and Christian whips D’Von and hits a Russian legsweep. Edge tags in and hits an elbowdrop followed by a snap suplex then Angle tags in but D’Von starts to fight back. D’Von whips Angle into a corner and charges but eats a boot and Angle elbows him in the back of the head. Christian tags in and whips D’Von but D’von comes back with a hangman neckbreaker and both men are down. D’Von crawls to his corner and tags in Jericho and Jericho clotheslines Christian then decks Angle and Edge. Christian comes back and whips Jericho but Jericho comes back with a flying forearm and tees off on him. Angle and Edge head in but so does the Dudleys and everyone’s going at it before spilling out to the floor again. Angle and Bubba are in the ring when Angle whips Bubba into a corner and charges but Bubba sidesteps him. Bubba slams Angle and sets him up while D’Von climbs to the top rope and hits the “Wassup” headbutt. Bubba sends D’Von out and D’Von slides their tagged table in the ring but Edge whips D’Von into the barrier. Angle nails Bubba from behind and goes for a German suplex through the table but can’t seem to get Bubba up. Bubba reverses positions and goes to suplex Angle through the table but Christian moves it out of the way. Christian sets Bubba up for a suplex through the table but Bubba blocks it then tosses Christian over the ropes. Angle grabs Bubba for a belly-to-belly suplex through the table but Jericho is back in and he moves the table. Jericho whips Angle looking to bulldog him through the table but Angle cuts him down and pounds away on him. Angle then goes for an Olympic Slam through the table but Jericho lands on his feet then takes Angle down. Jericho puts Angle in the Walls of Jericho and Angle is tapping out even though submissions won’t do it here. Edge is in and makes the save for Angle but the Dudleys nail him with a 3D through the table for the win! **1/2 Fun while it lasted, but not much more than that. Ridiculous legal man structure for a table match, but the finishing stretch was fun and had some great teases before Edge ate the 3D through a table.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/01/2001 - WWF Intercontinental Championship: Chris Benoit vs. Test (w/Trish Stratus)

Test is flying solo after Albert ended their partnership on Smackdown but Trish apparently decided to stay with Test. Benoit pounces on Test to start and whips him but Test kicks the face and hits him with the Full Nelson slam. Test goes for a whip, Benoit reverses into a corner but eats an elbow and Test hits a gutwrench powerbomb. Benoit grabs Test’s arm trying to go for the Crossface but Test fights it off. Test goes for the pump-handle slam when Benoit floats over him and gets him down for the Crossface but can’t lock it in as Test grabs the bottom rope. Benoit refuses to release the hold but does break it before the count and hits a back suplex for a near fall. Benoit throws Test shoulder-first into the post and follows up with a legdrop then hits him with a backbreaker. Test starts to fight back when Benoit kicks away at him then comes off the ropes but runs into a big boot. Test climbs to the top rope but then sees Albert coming out so he dives off the ropes with a clothesline on him. Test pounds on Albert and throws him into the steps then heads back in the ring but Benoit chops away on him. Benoit goes for a whip when Test reverses it and plants him with a tilt-o-whirl slam but only gets a two count. Test hits the pump-handle slam then climbs to the top again but Trish goes over and shoves Test off to the mat. Test is down as Benoit quickly covers him and grabs the three to retain. I don't know if it was Benoit's epic bumping or being the best wrestler alive but he made Test look like a legit contender to any title. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/01/2001 - The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) vs. Kai-en-tai

The Hardys and Lita are out first and glare out at Malenko who suggests Matt is a little smitten with Lita. Malenko says he’s shown he can beat Matt in the ring and if he wants to fight for Lita’s affection, so be it. JR asks Malenko why he’s lusting after Lita when he’s married but Malenko says his wife is married, not him. The Kaientai guys then get on the mic about the Hardys and the shackles of defeat with Funaki saying “Indeed”. Matt glares at Malenko again but that allows Taka Michinoku to attack him from behind and get in the first shots. Matt fights back and rams Taka into all four corners and Jeff adds in a clothesline from the apron. Jeff tags in and helps Matt hit a wheelbarrow suplex then covers Funaki comes in to save it. Matt pulls Funaki out of the ring and holds him up while Jeff runs across the barrier and hits a clothesline. Matt and Jeff pick Funaki up but Taka is on the apron and connects with an Asai moonsault on the whole pile. Taka tosses Jeff back in the ring and tags Fuanki in before he whips Jeff and trips him with a drop toehold. Fuanki puts Jeff in a camel clutch while Taka dropkicks Jeff’s face then takes over. Funaki hammers Jeff in a corner but stops to jump for joy and that allows Jeff to throw him into the corner and get in his offense. Jeff whips Fuanki into the opposite corner and charges but Fuanki sidesteps him and follows up with a bulldog. Taka tags in and slams Jeff then climbs to the top rope and goes for a splash but Jeff gets his feet up to block it. Taka grabs Jeff by the hair but Jeff comes back with a jawbreaker then reaches his corner and tags in Matt. Fuanki also gets the tag but Matt takes it to both guys then tosses Taka over the ropes. Matt slams Funaki then hops to the middle rope and connects with the guillotine legdrop. Matt sets Funaki for the Twist of Fate but Taka nails Matt with a Mafia kick to break it up and Funaki covers for the upset but only gets a two. Jeff works Taka over then whips him into a corner and the Hardys whip Funaki into Taka who dives to avoid it. Matt drops to the mat and Jeff goes for Poetry in Motion and Funaki ducks but Jeff lands on his feet on the rope. Jeff tries to dive at Taka on the floor but slips and straddles the buckle then flips forward onto the floor! Ouch! And Taka even falls down, trying to sell the move as if Jeff actually hit him. Anyway Matt nails Funaki with the Twist of Fate while Jeff has recovered enough to climb to the top rope to hit the Swanton Bomb for the pin. **3/4 Awesome tag combinations and high flying offense wrapped up inside a basic formula tag for 4 minutes. The only bad spot is Jeff tripping up on the top rope, and missing a dive to TAKA on the floor because of it. However, that's near the end.