Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/15/2001 - Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin and & Mystery Partners

Austin makes his way out alone since his scheduled partners "The Dudleyz" were taken out earlier and awaits his opponents while there’s no sign of anyone joining his side. Team ECK make their way to the ring expecting it to be a handicap match yet Austin is smiling for some reason. We soon find out why as the Acolytes’s music cues up allowing Austin to get the jump on Angle to start us off. Bradshaw and Faarooq join Austin in the ring to go after E&C and it’s a six-man brawl in three of the corners. The Acolytes clear E&C out while Austin hits Angle with the count-along punches then whips him into an elbow. Austin whips Angle when Angle grabs the ropes then tags Christian in but Austin greets him with right hands and rams him into Bradshaw’s boot. Austin whips him and hits a clothesline before tagging Bradshaw. Bradshaw whips Christian who goes for a crossbody but Bradshaw catches him and hits the fallaway slam. Bradshaw sets Christian up for a powerbomb but Angle breaks it up. Edge tags in but eats a shoulderblock. Bradshaw goes for a whip, Edge reverses but lowers the head and Bradshaw clubs the back then chops him and hits a back suplex. Faarooq tags in helps Bradshaw whip Edge and plant him with a double chokeslam. Faarooq whips Edge and hits a powerslam then tags Austin back in and Austin whips Edge but lowers the head and Edge kicks the face. Edge hits a dropkick then tees off on Angle before tagging Angle in to take over on him. Angle hits Austin with a back suplex then hits a second then goes for a third but this time Austin flips out of it. Austin fights back and whips Angle then hits a spinebuster for a two count. E&C bring a pair of chairs in and go for the ConChairto on Austin but Austin ducks it while the Acolytes come in and clear them out again. The four of them brawl somewhere leaving Austin and Angle one-on-one as Austin hits Angle with a superplex. Austin then looks over and sees Triple H coming out on the stage but that allows Angle to nail him below the belt. Angle gets in some stomps and goes for a gutwrench suplex but Austin counters and hits his own gutwrench. Austin wails away on Angle and goes for a whip but Angle comes back with a belly-to-belly suplex for a two. Angle hammers Austin and goes for a whip, Austin reverses into a corner but Angle comes out with a clothesline. Angle then sets Austin up for the Olympic Slam but Austin fights out of it and hits him with a Russian legsweep. Austin drapes Angle on the middle rope and goes for the straddle when Angle dodges it but Austin stops himself. Austin whips Angle and hits the Thesz Press then unloads on him with right hands but Angle rakes the face. Angle hops to the middle rope and leaps off but Austin catches him and hits the Stunner for the victory! ** Nothing special

Post match: Austin then looks out at Triple H who gets on the mic and brags about putting him on the shelf for almost a year as he climbs in the ring. Triple H also brings up what he did to Ausitn last week and looks to settle the score with him right now even offering to let Austin have the first shot. Triple H gets in Austin’s face daring him to strike but Austin doesn't budge. Triple H then questions Austin’s manhood and claims he’s scared as JR begs him not to get suckered into blowing his spot in the Rumble. Austin heads out and brings a chair in the ring then readies it as Triple H begs him to forget about blowing his chance at a title shot and get his revenge. Eventually Austin drops the chair and flips Triple H the double bird then leaves the ring as the crowd pops for it. Austin walks up the ramp but Triple H calls him something that’s bleeped out and that gets Austin to turn back. Austin starts back toward the ring but Angle takes Triple H out with the Olympic Slam before they come to blows. Austin thanks Angle for saving his spot in the Rumble with a Stunner then grabs some beer

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 01/18/2001 - Steve Austin, The Rock & The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle, Kane & Rikishi

Triple H is your special referee here. Once everyone is out Triple H decides to check Austin for foreign objects (and perhaps bait him into a fight). Eventually Angle gets impatient and charges at Austin but Austin sidesteps then works him over in the corner. Triple H orders Austin to back off but that allows Angle to nail Austin with a forearm and get in his offense. Angle goes for a whip, Austin reverses and hits a spinebuster then covers but Triple H makes a slow one count. Austin rams Angle into a turnbuckle repeatedly and clotheslines him then tags Taker in to take over on him. Taker grabs Angle’s arm walks along the top rope then hits the shot to the back. Taker pummels Angle in a corner then whips him and hits a clothesline followed by a powerslam. Taker covers but Rikishi pulls him off Angle so Taker decks Rikishi but Angle pounds away on him. Rikishi tags in and wails on Taker with right hands and Taker fights back when Rikishi hits a thrust shot. Rikishi whips Taker but Taker comes back with a flying clothesline. Rock asks Taker for a tag but Taker decides to tag Austin instead and Rock doesn't seem real happy about it. Austin pounds away on Rikishi and goes for a whip, Rikishi reverses him into a corner and eats a clothesline but comes back with a headbutt. Angle tags in when Austin goes for a Stunner and Angle shoves him away but Austin whips Angle and hits the Thesz Press. Austin follows up with the flurry of right hands and the elbowdrop then hits a suplex. Austin hops to the middle rope and hits an elbowdrop before Rock finally gets to tag in. Rock wails away on Angle and and whips him into a clothesline but Angle rakes his face and starts to fight back. Angle goes for a whip, Rock reverses it and Angle kicks the face but runs into a powerslam that gets a two. Angle comes back with a belly-to-belly suplex then tags Kane in and Kane plants Rock with a sidewalk slam. Kane pounds Rock in a corner and Rock fights out when Kane whips him but Rock comes back with a forearm and drills him with a DDT for a two count. Rock slaps Taker to tag him in and demands to see him battle Kane but Taker goes after Angle instead. Rikishi pops Taker in return then Kane shoves Taker in his corner and Angle chokes him. Kane tags Rikishi in and Rikishi demands to know why he didn't attack Taker himself before going to work. Rikishi whips Taker into a corner and hits the running butt splash followed by a belly-to-belly suplex for a two. Rikishi hits Taker with the massive legdrop then tags Angle in and Angle gets in his shots. Taker fights back and goes for a whip, Angle reverses into a corner and eats a boot. Angle trips Taker with a drop toehold and elbowdrops the back then goes for a whip. Taker reverses but lowers the head and Angle kicks the face. Angle whips Taker but he lowers the head and Taker throws him down to the mat and makes the tag to Austin. Austin whips Angle and connects with an elbow then stomps him down in a corner. Triple H pulls Austin off and the two exchange words when Angle shoves Triple H right into Austin and they all go down in a pile. Triple H lays Angle out with a Pedigree but Austin decides he’s been provoked and wails away on Triple H. Rikishi is in and superkicks Austin but Taker decks Rikishi and they roll out to the floor to duke it out. Rock tags himself in and runs into Kane who scoops him up but Rock slips out of it and hits the Smackdown. Rock hits Kane with a spinebuster then plants Angle with the Rock Bottom and Triple H counts the three. *** Very good 10 minute trios match. Taker refused to tag The Rock after Rock didn't want to team with him on Raw, and Taker and Kane wouldn't fight each other. A ton of awesome Rock and Kurt bumping made this match though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 2001 - WWF Tag Team Championship: Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz

The match followed the tag formula pretty much but was still has awesome action, good psychology, nice wrestling, frequent tags. The fake hot tag was GREAT, along with E&C's heel tactics and bumping. Hot opener for the crowd. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 2001 - ladder match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship: Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

This still holds up as one of the all time CLASSICS, Some of the best innovative offense you`ll ever see with the ladder mixed with the best bumping in my opinion. Just straight balls-to-the-wall action and from bell to bell and I know people shit on the ending cause both guys are overselling but C'MON they beat the shit out of each other with every moves being more violent than the last nothing wrong with selling huge bumps, this is not the indies. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 2001 - WWF Heavyweight Championship: Kurt Angle (w/Trish Stratus) vs. Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley)

This was allot better than i remembered it being, but it took a while to really get going, but once it did it got pretty damn fun. HHH's legwork was pretty damn good just a shame Angle no solid it Same goes for the Arm work Angle did to HHH. There are some issues I wish could have been changed. Hunter randomly low blows Angle to get him down from the middle rope in the middle of the match. The ref randomly looks away at the very moment it happens. If that wasn't bad enough, the commentators can't understand why the ref didn't DQ Hunter when it happened right in front of him. It's a stupid moment made worse by the commentators. And the Steph/Trish catfight was legit 3/5 minutes long C'MON. ***1/2 Overbooking stupidity and crowd apathy aside, this was much better worked than the Unforgiven match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Royal Rumble 2001 - Rumble Match

As many of you know i really don't rate battle royals, mainly cause they don't tell stories and stuff like that but one in a while a Rumble match has all of those thing and this was one of them. This had some comedy stuff with Drew Carey and Honkey Tonk Man, which as cheesy as they were i enjoyed it. 3 pretty cool returns aswell Haku, The Honkey Tonk Man and The Big Show. They even spotlighted the Hardcore division with Snow, Raven, KANE and a few other having some nice interactions. But after that this got REAL cause Rock came out and things kicked into another gear. They also used the Rumble to take HHH/Austins feud to another level, as Austin comes out HHH attacks him and busts him open so it looks like Austin has no chance, just to come back and win it. JR putting Austin's heart and willingness to win never gets boring. But with that being said KANE was the MVP of this match. Seriously KANE was in '97-98 mode and dominated any and everyone that came into the match i think he was in the match for like 56-58 minutes and it's the best he's ever looked. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/22/2001 - The Rock & Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit & The Big Show

Big Show made his return know by chokeslamming Rock through the announce table at the Rumble PPV last night, so here we are. Jericho starts for his team against Benoit who gets in the first shots then whips him and connects with an elbow. Benoit whips Jericho and hits a clothesline then whips him again but Jericho comes back with a forearm. Jericho hits a bulldog then goes for the ropes but Show nails him from behind and Benoit hits a snap suplex. Show tags in and hits Jericho whip a press slam before Benoit tags back in and whips Jericho into a knee. Benoit goes for a whip but Jericho hits an enzuigiri then crawls toward his corner and makes the tag to Rock. Rock whips Benoit and hits a Samoan Drop then whips him again and hits a belly-to-belly throw for a two count. Rock goes for a whip when Benoit reverses him into Show and Rock decks him but Benoit hits a back suplex. Benoit covers Rock but Jericho saves it then knocks Show off the apron and Shw tries to regroup on the floor. Jericho hits a flying shoulderblock off the apron but Show grabs him and chokeslams him right on the floor! Jericho is down on the floor and looks like he’s out of the match leaving Rock to continue on without a partner. Benoit continues assaulting Rock and hits a backbreaker for a near fall then slams him and hits an elbowdrop. We then see Jericho getting helped to the back confirming that Rock is now on his own against two opponents. Show tags in and chokes Rock against the rope when Rock fights back but Show hits a short-arm clothesline. Benoit tags in and whips Rock into a corner then works him over and hits a snap suplex that gets a two count then hits some chops. Rock fights back but misses the Smackdown and Benoit hits a German suplex then holds on and hits a second German suplex then holds on again for a third German but only gets a two. Benoit hits an elbowdrop and slams Rock then climbs to the top rope and connects with the diving headbutt. However Benoit knocks himself loopy and can’t make the cover immediately and only gets a two as a result. Show tags in and plants Rock with a sidewalk slam for a near fall then hits a giant chop but misses a right hand. Rock again rallies and comes off the ropes when Show grabs his neck but Rock is able to escape the chokeslam. Rock continues his offense then comes off the ropes and connects with a clothesline but Show stays on his feet. Rock hits another clothesline and Show still stays upright then Rock hits a forearm that does knock him over. Benoit tags in and Rock wails on him then hits a DDT and knocks Show off the apron with the Smackdown. Benoit comes back with a chop and goes for a whip but Rock reverses it and plants him with a spinebuster. Rock covers Benoit when Show pulls him out to the floor but Rock grabs the bell and clocks Show in the face. Show is knocked out on the floor as Rock rolls back in the ring when Benoit greets him with the Crossface. Rock grabs the bottom rope for the break then Benoit lays the boots to him but Rock tosses him over the ropes. Jericho suddenly limps back down the ramp and throws Benoit into the steps then rolls him back in the ring. Rock goes for a whip when Benoit reverses it but Rock comes back and hits the Rock Bottom for the victory. Rock celebrates the win but doesn't see Show climb back in the ring and Show plants him with a chokeslam. Jericho goes in looking for a piece of Show but Show knocks him aside then takes him out with a chokeslam. Benoit then gets in Show’s face about where he was when he was pinned and Show chokeslams Benoit as well. Show then leaves both his opponents and his partner laying in the ring as we go to commercial. **3/4 Fairly good match here i loved that Show hit Jericho with a Chokeslam on the floor so he was helped to the back, and it turned into an awesome handicap match. Amazing Rock/Benoit interactions, Jesus christ they have chemistry and Show vs. Rock was awesome here too.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Battle For Supremacy - Chris Hero vs Roderick Strong
This was the real debut of Hero's "That Young Knockout Kid" gimmick. This was Grueling, physical match that I really enjoyed. Roddy sold everything perfectly from punch, kick to Elbow Roddy made it look like every shot has the potential to knock him out. ***3/4

ROH New Horizons - Chris Hero & Go Shiozaki vs Roderick Strong & Naomichi Marufuji
Giving these 4 guys 12 minutes just seems wrong. But with that being said they crammed allot of good shit in this and every man played their role to perfection, i really have no complaints really i just wish it would of got given more time to tell a story. ***

Weez

Reaction score
Surivor Series 2007 - Triple Threat match for the ECW Title - CM Punk (c) vs. The Miz vs. John Morrison

I got the SS2007 DVD for free from WWE.com a couple years ago for ordering a random PPV, I don't remember which. I pulled it out last night, dusted it off, and this match was the curtain jerker. Punk ends up retaining with a GTS on Miz in a very solid match, especially for how far along Morrison and Miz were at the time. It clocked under 15 minutes (estimation), but it was a great match. Avalanche Hurricanrana into a Powerbomb was one of the better WWE Triple THreat spots I've ever seen. ***

The reason I love this match so much was due to exactly how important it ended up being to the WWE landcape since then. I feel the booking of this match was the genesis to all 3 of these guys ending up where they are today (or were before they left the WWE.) After this match was booked on ECW, they booked Miz and Morrison together as a tag team to face MVP/Matt Hardy for One of the tag titles on Smackdown 3 days before Survivor Series, which they won.

They were booked to win to add a dynamic to the PPV match, and to get the belt off of Hardy, who had an abdominal wall rupture IIRC (Kayfabe knee injury). But MizMo ran with it and made themselves stars, and for me, were the last time the tag titles were relevant until the last 6 months or so. Morrison goes on to be a Upper midcard guy filling in the multi-man main event matches, and making everyone coming up looking good. The "Jobber to the stars." I really thought they were gonna pull the trigger on the guy, but I was wrong.

Miz, obviously, love or hate the guy, went on to be WWE Champ, main event Wrestlemania (and retain his title btw lol). He's been Mr. Media for the WWE, and his spot in the company is secure. He recently turned face (I think, WTF WWE? lol), and launched the Miz TV thing.

And of course, there's CM Punk. The Crowd reaction for this match, and the CM Punk chants were just as loud as they were last year in the "Summer of Punk" and no less a pop he gets today. I REALLY feel like this match is where the WWE decided that big things were in store for this guy. Half a year later, he wins the Money in the Bank briefcase at WM XXIV, and would again the next year, being the only guy to win back to back years. All the titles, face and heel turns since, he's the WWE Champion for 380something days and counting.

All this, from one little curtain jerker match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 01/25/2001 - WWF World Heavyweight Title: Kurt Angle vs. Kane

Angle is out first and gets on the mic about how he respects Kane for being a WWF Champion for 12 seconds but if Kane thinks he’s taking his title tonight then his brain is even more scarred than his face. Angle also says he has a lot of fans in burn centers who aren't afraid to show their faces in public unlike Kane. Kane comes out when Angle tries to meet him on the ramp brandishing the title belt but runs into a big boot. Kane rams Angle into the steps repeatedly and decks him then throws him in the ring to start the match proper. Kane drapes Angle on the apron and elbows him in the chest then goes in and pounds him with several rights. Kane grabs Angle by the throat but Angle grabs the ropes to stop the chokeslam so Kane boots him over them. We then see Taker watching from the interview set … just before he’s suddenly ambushed by Rikishi and Haku. Taker tries to fight them both but Rikishi and Haku throw him into a garage door and Rikishi hits the butt splash. Taker is down as Rikishi and Haku give him some parting words. Back in the ring Kane drops Angle on the barricade then rolls him in the ring and hits a tilt-o-whirl slam . Kane works Angle over then whips him into a corner but eats an elbow. Angle comes out as Kane goes for a tilt-o-whirl when Angle slips out so Kane elbows him back in the corner. Kane charges but eats a boot and Angle hops to the middle rope and connects with a Buff Blockbuster(!). Kane pops right up so Angle drills him with a DDT but Kane sits up again so Angle nails him with a clothesline. Kane is up again so Angle tries kicking at the knee then clubs him in the back and slaps on a front facelock. Kane drives Angle into a corner to break it and whips Angle into a backdrop but misses with an elbowdrop. Angle nails Kane with an enzuigiri but Kane doesn't go down so Angle wails on him and gets another facelock. Kane drops to one knee and tries to hang on but eventually gets back to his feet and throws Angle off him. Angle trips Kane into the ropes with a drop toehold then goes and brings in a chair but Kane boots it in his face. Kane hits Angle with a gutbuster then whips him and hits a sidewalk slam and throws him back to the mat. Kane climbs to the top rope and hits the flying clothesline … but sure enough here comes Rikishi and Haku. Kane decks Haku off the apron then brings Rikishi in and works him over, capping it off with a clothesline. The referee tends to Rikishi but Haku is in and grabs the chair then whacks Kane repeatedly in the head with it then follows it up with the Kick of Fear. Haku heads out while Angle covers Kane and gets the cheap pin. Angle heads out and celebrates on the ramp with his belt laving Haku and Rikishi to double-team Kane. Rikishi hits Kane with the sit-down splash and Haku adds in some headbutts then Rikishi hits another splash. Undertaker tries to come in for the save but Rikishi and Hauk overwhelm him and beat him down in a corner then hit a double headbutt. Rikishi climbs up the ropes and hits the Bazani Drop, Haku adds in a headbutt on Taker and Rikishi taunts him before hitting a sitdown splash for good measure.** Fun match. But once again needed a run-in to bail him out. Plus it was a run-in we all saw coming the minute this match was announced.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 01/29/2001 - #1 Contender’s Match: The Rock vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. The Big Show

Benoit is out first and he and Jericho decide not to wait for the others and get things going exchanging shots. Show eventually makes his way out and headbutts both guys in succession. Rock comes out last but runs right into a chokeslam from Show already! Show covers Rock but Benoit breaks it up so Show beats on him and tosses him over the ropes. Jericho tries his luck but his blows have no effect when hits a giant chop. Show whips Jericho into a corner and goes for an Avalanche but Jericho dodges it. Jericho then climbs to the top rope and goes for a crossbody but Show catches him and hits the Final Cut. Show covers Jericho and Benoit again saves it then comes off the ropes but Show clotheslines him down. Rock is back up and wails away on Show then comes off the ropes with a forearm but Show just shrugs it off. Rock hits a clothesline that also doesn't work. Show scoops Rock onto his shoulder when Rock slips out of there and hits a clothesline that has Show reeling on the ropes but he’s still on his feet. Rock eventually pushes Show over the ropes but Benoit nails him and works him over in a corner with chops. Jericho goes after Show on the floor but Show is back up and shoves Jericho around then hits a headbutt. Rock comes back against Benoit and hits the Smackdown then goes for a whip but Benoit counters into a suplex. Benoit then climbs to the top rope and goes for the diving headbutt but misses it and both men are down. Rock hits a Samoan Drop (that almost drops Benoit on his head) and covers but Show makes it in to save it. Show hits Rock with a forearm while Jericho climbs to the top rope and nails Show with a missile dropkick. Benoit dropkicks Show’s knee and Rock adds in a DDT then covers but Jericho dropkicks Rock to save it. Jericho covers Show himself but Show powers out then Rock pulls Jericho out and throws him into the barrier. Benoit then puts Show in the Crossface but Rock makes it back in and breaks it up before Show can submit. Show rolls out while Benoit stomps Rock down and goes for a whip but Rock reverses and hits the spinebuster. Rock then puts Benoit in the Sharpshooter and Benoit looks ready to tap but Jericho comes in and levels Rock. Jericho slams Benoit and connects with the Lionsault then covers but Rock breaks it while Show is somewhere. Rock whips Jericho but Jericho kicks the face then takes him down by the legs and slaps on the Walls of Jericho. However Show is in and grabs Jericho by the neck but Benoit kicks him below the belt to stop the chokeslam. Benoit pounds on Show when Show grabs him in a double choke but Jericho shoves both guys over the ropes. Jericho then turns back but Rock plants him with the Rock Bottom and grabs the pin to win the title shot. **3/4 UGH! they gave this 6 minutes, C'MON Yeah it was a Solid main event but the crowd was quiet through most of it because it was obvious that Rock was winning.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 12/05/2012 - Michael McGillicutty vs. Antonio Cesaro
Pretty average opening match; it was basically a Cesaro squash match. McGillicutty got some offense in and looked good doing it. McGillicutty worked face for the match up, almost like a test run, and the NXT crowd seemed very behind him. Antonio Cesaro is too good. **1/4

WWE NXT 12/05/2012 - Tyson Kidd vs. Leo Kruger
Kruger’s psycho deranged smile on his face is awesome it's just a shame i can't say that about his wrestling. He looks like a "Pedo" this wasn't a bad match to close out the show. but I was expecting more, and it didn't help that the finish came out of nowhere. And i think we might be getting a Regal & Kidd/OhNo feud now :mark: match was **3/4 TYSON KIDD IS SO FLUENT AND SMOOTH IN THE RING THAT IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Never Say Die - ROH World Championship: Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Hero (w/Shane Hagadorn)

This was suppose to be Tyler Black in this match but he injured his neck surgery. For 25 minutes this was pretty good, Hero carried most of this and made it pretty interesting. They had some really cool spots, but like a lot of Lynn matches he kicked out of way too much stuff. I did like the story they told with Lynn needed a fast pace, to finish the match quickly, whilst Hero, a younger man who’s wrestled for over 90 minutes in the past, was content to work slowly, grind the champion down before picking him off with the big elbows and boots. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF "Xtreme" Smackdown 02/01/2001 - Tables Match for the WWF World Tag Team Championships: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz

Both teams stand face to face before pairing off to start with Bubba pounding Jeff and Matt tossing D’Von through the ropes. Matt helps Jeff whip Bubba into a corner then drops to the mat as Jeff connects with Poetry in Motion. Matt follows up with a running clothesline but D’Von is back in and knocks both Hardys over in succession. The Dudleys whip Jeff but lower their heads when Jeff kicks Bubba then whips D’Von but D’Von fakes him out and Bubba helps D’Von hit Jeff with a double neckbreaker. Matt goes to whip Bubba but Bubba slams him then sets him up while D’Von climbs to the top rope and connects with the “Wassup” headbutt. The Dudleys head out and slide a table in looking to end this one early when Matt attacks D’Von on the floor. Bubba sets the table up and knocks Jeff onto it then hops on the middle rope setting up to hit a senton. However Matt grabs Bubba’s leg to stop him while Jeff rolls off the table and punches him below the belt. Jeff goes up and goes for a huricanrana but D’Von moves the table out of the way and nails Jeff from behind. Matt is in when the Dudleyz whip him looking to flapjack him through the table but Jeff moves it just in time. Jeff dropkicks Bubba out through the ropes when D’Von whips him but Jeff comes back with a sleeper slam. Jeff rolls D’Von onto the table then climbs to the top for the Swanton Bomb but Bubba crotches him on the buckle. Bubba shoves D’Von off the table then goes up himself and sets Jeff up for a suplerplex through the table when Matt climbs to the top rope as well and intentionally legdrops himself through the table, breaking it. Bubba superplexes Jeff through the broken table but it doesn’t count since that wasn’t what broke the table. whipping D’Von into it. Matt and Jeff set a pair of tables up in the aisle then Matt rolls D’Von on it ands sets the ladder up next to them. Matt climbs to the top of the ladder but Bubba cuts him off while D’Von climbs up the ladder on the other side. Matt and D’Von duke it out when Bubba tosses Jeff into the ladder, knocking both men off and both men barely catch the edge of the table and splat on the floor. Matt and D’Von are both out on the floor but since it wasn't an offensive move I guess the match continues. Bubba whips Jeff and hits a backdrop then both men roll out to the floor where Bubba throws Jeff into the post. Bubba and Jeff fight their way up the aisle near the stage where Bubba sees a pair of tables already set up. Bubba gets that trance but Jeff clocks him with a cable roller and the two fight up the ramp near the entrance. Bubba suddenly tries to throw Jeff off the stage but Jeff stops himself then punches Bubba toward the edge. Bubba grabs Jeff and takes both Jeff and himself off the stage and through the tables with the Bubbabomb! Both men went through the tables but since Bubba was the aggressor I guess that means the Dudleyz retain. *** Not quite the tables match at Royal Rumble 2000 but still a good opener with a ton of great nearfalls and great sequences and bumps.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF "Xtreme" Smackdown 02/01/2001 - First Blood Match: The Undertaker & Kane vs. Rikishi & Haku

The first team to bust open one member of the opposite team wins. Taker and Kane are out first then meet Rikishi and Haku on the ramp and all four guys duke it out to start. Kane rams Rikishi into the announce table while Taker throws Haku into the steps then helps Kane with Rikishi. Kane holds Rikishi while Taker grabs a chair but Haku comes up and nails Kane from behind to make the save. Haku and Rikishi deck Kane and Taker respectively then Rikishi rams Taker into the announce table repeatedly. Rikishi throws Taker in the ring and works him over while Kane and Haku continue to fight it out on the floor. Taker starts to fight back when Rikishi hits a shot to the throat then whips him but Taker hits a flying clothesline. Kane rams Haku into the apron while Taker grabs Rikishi’s arm then walks to the top rope and clubs the back. Taker clotheslines Rikishi and both men roll out to the floor while Kane and Haku roll in the ring themselves. Taker rams Rikishi into the steps but can’t get him to bleed so he grabs the chair but Rikishi cuts him off. In the ring Kane clotheslines Haku and hits with a legdrop then whips him into a corner but eats an elbow. Rikishi nails Taker with a superkick then grabs the chair himself and whacks Taker in the back with it. Rikishi readies another chair shot but Kane leaps off the apron with an axehandle to cut Rikishi off. Kane grabs the chair and takes a swing at Rikishi but misses and hits the ringpsot instead before Haku nails him with a sueprkick. Rikishi grabs the chair and jabs both brothers with it then Rikishi cracks Taker in the head with the chair. Haku tosses Kane in the ring and works him over then whips him into a corner and Rikishi goes in and hits the running butt splash. Haku goes after Taker on the floor but Taker fights back then grabs the chair and whacks Haku in the head. In the ring Rikishi moves in for a stinkface on Kane but Kane stops him with a low blow then chokeslams him. Taker tosses the steps in the ring and Kane rams them into Rikishi’s head as we see Haku is busted open. Taker rolls the bleeding Haku in the ring and the referee finally sees it and awards the match to the brothers. **1/2 This was actually pretty good, kinda wishing it went longer than 5 minutes.