Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I feel like you'd probably enjoy it if you dug the tank controls, but it depends on if graphics are that big of a deal breaker for you. I get it though. I still think the atmosphere and sound design is top, so easy for me. Voice acting I try to look at in a comedic way because yeah it's not very good in the original. :lol
I don't need graphics to be gorgeous like Forbidden West's but PS1 graphics make it hard for me to enjoy a game ngl.
I feel lucky that my favorite video game series got to have such well-made and gorgeous remakes.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
driver-ps1.gif

Played a little bit of good ol' Driver today :garrett

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Man just finished Chapter 6 of Yaukuza 0. So many emotions, the story is getting so good. So far I'm a lot more invested in Kiryu's character than Majima, but they are both pretty great characters overall. I've done about 40 substories now with Kiryu otherwise I'd probably be a lot further in the main story. I spent like nearly two hours doing the pocket circuit mini-game. It's just so easy to get distracted. :lol

Reactions: Alexa

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I did it!! :) @Grim Theft Auto

The last Tyrant fight was super scary. I was on Danger health when I picked up the rocket launcher with no healing left. He was mid-animation with the slash as I just fired off the rocket. Got super lucky. :lol

Not the best time, but not too shabby to say I haven't played the original in so long. Now on to Chris.

XM5nJ4Y.png

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Finished both scenarios. Chris was tough. Mostly because you've got like no inventory space and you need to carry the old keys around to open draws, where as Jill just had the lockpick and it's easy peasy. I definitely felt the difficulty spike at the beginning, but this playthrough was much smoother towards the end. Had a lot of Magnum ammo left for the Tyrant as I didn't go crazy with it.

Love how I had the same number of saves. :lol

h1NKW3l.png

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Forgot how hard the beginning of Resident Evil 2 is on PS1. You just get absolutely swarmed to begin with, and the RPD station has so many zombos. My one wish with these older RE games is I wish the knife was more useful to conserve ammo, but getting the hang of dodging down. I swear it takes like 30 slashes to kill a zombie, maybe even more. I lost count testing it, but yeah, it's not good. Code Veronica had the best knife from my memory, was super OP. It's not worth the inventory slot it takes up in this game, and I'd love to get more use of it.

Nostalgia is hitting me big time with this game, I do think I prefer the original over the remake by a small margin. I just think some of the atmosphere got lost in the new one, as much as I love the remake and think it's amazing. Just something really unnerving about the PS1 version. I'm always super on edge all the time. Prefer the RPD station layout a bit more as well.

Reactions: Y2Jayne and Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Ended up playing Halo: Master Cheff Collection along with Halo 5 and overall, they were decently fun games nothing that will make me a fan of the series.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Ended up playing Halo: Master Cheff Collection along with Halo 5 and overall, they were decently fun games nothing that will make me a fan of the series.
What was your favourite Halo out of curiosity? I really love 3, mostly for nostalgic reasons.

I played 'em all on Legendary difficulty which was a pretty hefty challenge.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
What was your favourite Halo out of curiosity? I really love 3, mostly for nostalgic reasons.

I played 'em all on Legendary difficulty which was a pretty hefty challenge.
Reach would be my favorite because the story had more weight to it. If I had to rank all of the games from worst to best, I would say it goes 5, 4, 3 ODST, 1, 3, 2, and Reach. Haven't played Infinite yet, and I may get it when it goes on sale

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Reach would be my favorite because the story had more weight to it. If I had to rank all of the games from worst to best, I would say it goes 5, 4, 3 ODST, 1, 3, 2, and Reach. Haven't played Infinite yet, and I may get it when it goes on sale
Halo 5 was very underwhelming for sure. I think 4 is beautiful graphically at least. It was pretty mind blowing on 360 too.

Reach is a good shout, I loved the shit out of the MP in that game. They introduced some really neat mechanics.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Halo 5 was very underwhelming for sure. I think 4 is beautiful graphically at least. It was pretty mind blowing on 360 too.

Reach is a good shout, I loved the shit out of the MP in that game. They introduced some really neat mechanics.
It was just I think it was because the story was sub par to me. And yeah 4 looked great on the 360, and looks a bit better than 5 on my Series S.

Never played MP so I wouldn't know, lol. As I said, it just felt like Reach's story had weight to it because the final mission is not only brutal, but sad.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Code Veronica had the best knife from my memory, was super OP.
You can kill lickers with a knife in the RE2 remake, without getting hit. The one in Village was pretty powerful too, especially Redfield's.

kMLfXFxINGCTLZb4QI3WeSdb.png

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Gran Turismo 2 has aged well. It's incredible what they were able to achieve with the PS1 hardware, they really pushed it to its absolute limit. The car models still look incredible even today. The driving in these games always felt super fluid and responsive, but whilst providing a good challenge. Every racing game I've played so far has looked great despite being such old games, like it's really impressive how well they did at the time to create such beautiful games.

gt2city.gif

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Over the weekend I finished Leon A & Claire B on the original Resident Evil 2. Claire playthrough was awesome, was quite tricky in parts too. Mr. X was super scary, I was not prepared for him. Makes me so tense. A lot of fun though! Love the variety in the scenarios.

3grjL0j.png

pCMSxha.png