Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JohnBlaze1981

Reaction score
Your forgetting a few key factors here, acting ability and mic skills which the wrestlers scarcely have. They are wrestlers, not actors, only a few can be naturals at both. When the WWE has wrestlers act who have no skills at all, which is most of them, it just looks terrible and awkward, like Batista screwing up his lines.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I agree with y2jasmine i also think that some story lines would benefit from been longer, it gives the the feud chance to build up over time, so often now the story lines don't last long enough to get ppl totally into to it and get behind the story. And i think the unpredictability of Raw the last few weeks is a good move.

LadyHotrod

Batista was really screwing up on his lines......He couldn't even say his "hometown" properly.

Anyways, I died when Shane came out. Oh God, I was in heaven.

J

Dude i was hoping so much that Shane would be the GM. He's so awesome. On top of that how can you not luv Shanes little dance. It's awesome.

chessarmy

On Monday night, Shane McMahon appeared on Raw and announced the show's new General Manager: Mike Adamle. Our fans were shocked to learn that WWE's flagship program would now be headed up by the absent-minded ECW commentator. Will Adamle be able to take control and command the respect of the Raw roster, or will the mayhem overwhelming the show continue to run unchecked?

On his very first night as Raw GM, Adamle made a number of matches. The biggest of these however, was Raw's first SummerSlam match: For the first-time ever, John Cena vs. Batista. Recent weeks have seen both Superstars displaying their hunger for championship gold, but their match at SummerSlam will be to determine who is truly the top contender on Raw. With two competitors as intense as Cena and The Animal, will they even make it to SummerSlam before a collision?

Though SummerSlam is right around the corner, there's plenty to look forward to on the next Raw as well. For the first time since having his right eye severely injured by Chris Jericho at The Great American Bash, Shawn Michaels will appear for an interview on Raw. Y2J has claimed that he ended the career of HBK, will Michaels corroborate this evidence? What will The Showstopper have to say to the man who injured him so severely?

Though he is still gloating about his win over Michaels, Jericho has begun to look forward as well. The man once known as the Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla hosted what he announced as the last edition of his talk-show, the Highlight Reel. Y2J shared several clips of a more fun, fan-friendly Chris Jericho, and then let the WWE Universe know that it was a thing of the past. Like a slew of other top Superstars, Jericho has his eyes on nothing short of the World Heavyweight Championship, and communicated as much. Will new GM Mike Adamle be receptive to Jericho's desire for championship gold? Who will fall into Y2J's sights next?

There's your preview. Discuss!

Soulpower

We better get a F'n title match announced today!

And I don't know why, but I get the feeling that the Batista vs Cena match will be changed.

Enigma22

Reaction score
on raw tonight they are gonna have cena and batista against rhodes and dibiase for the tag titles. it wouldnt completely surprise me if cena and batista won the titles... it could prolong their feud to a wrestlemania match but it could also kill the tag team division...

chessarmy

^ well, you were right.

RAW was ok this week, nothing too bad but nothing really good either. Match of the night is no doubt the 2 on 1 match between JBL and Jericho vs Punk. I wish that the time would have expired though, a 3 way would have been much better than just a one on one match between JBL and Punk but whatever. The ending to RAW was pretty stupid though, not only am I getting tired of babyface vs babyface feuds, but ONCE AGAIN two wrestlers that are supposed be feuding are World Tag Team champions...amazing. Its been done before and I really could care less tbh. I was hoping for Tista to turn heel when they were doing a pop competition at the end, but I guess thats too much to ask for.

As I said, decent RAW but some things could have been better

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol being right all the time is a curse...

i actually enjoyed the end of raw tho and i guess they can make it interesting with cena and batista as tag champs. the team looks good in the record books atleast...

MikeRaw

Another solid Raw. It' sbeen on a roll for months now, and, although this wasn;'t as good as past weeks, it was still solid.

The matches were good quality.
Burchill/Kofi and Mickie/Katie were both solid 10ish minute matches, solid stuff...
Punk vs Y2J/JBL was good as well. Good solid length, and lots of action.
Striker/Kane was the only bad match, but it was just a squash.
Cena/Batiusta vs Team Priceless was very good. Long length, good action, and good crowd, so it was good.
So no complaints on the maches...

The promos were god too. HBK had a good intevriew, which was interesting, and I don't know if he will have a match or not.
The opening promo was ok, and the Cena promo was solid again.

So that makesit a solid Raw.
BUT, the only controversial things are:
JBL/Punk will be average for summerslam, but I'm not a big fan. At leats Taker/Edge, Cena/Batista and HBK/Y2J (it'll happen) will make up for it.
I aalso don't have a problem with Rhodes and Dib losing. This helps the Cena/Tista feud, obviousl, and they will be fine without the titles. They will continue to get pushed, probably with JBL, and then eventually get the titles again, so they will be fine...

Adamle was sweet as GM. Check out my Adamle thread for more on that, but he was good.
Solid Raw.

Airfixx

Aaaghhhhhhhh... Horrible! Bang goes the tag div...

I mean where the fuck is that title shot supposed to have come from....

Fuck it! ...The arrival of Priceless seemed doomed to me as soon as I knew they'd split Londrick & Cantino, leaving Raw with just 2 teams on their roster.

Please put us out of our misery and unify the tag belts.

They should just have Batista turn heel injur Cena in order to leapfrog him for the #1 contendership and have them face of for the first time in a grudge match at WM (or alternatively show some patience and just have Batista somehow screw Cena in a final 2 situation @ the RR09).... I'm totally up for more complex storylines and drawn out fueds, but when WWE willingly trash things around them just cos they can't wait for the right moment and resist putting their two golden-boys together, well, quite frankly... This is bollocks!

Seriously, why the fuck have I been watching Cody & Dibiase for the last 2 months? They needed to be dominant if they were gonna build them both in this scenario... Whether they regain them or not, it's now clear they'll just team for a bit longer and then split and fued (Cody probably reverting to being the face and failing miserably to get over).

The sickening part of all this is that Cena & Batista don't even need any kind of gold involved to have a good fued/match.

Superman

Reaction score
Jericho looks weird wrestling in short tights, he usually has full-leg ones...