Kurt Angle Leaves UK Tour

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

circle

Reaction score
The card was good all around...I loved the last rites match too, and AJ and Rhino were awesome the main event is o.k., but when is Samoa Joe going to win??? I thought the worst (and I mean I had to pick one b/c they were all good) was the angle vs. steiner match b/c steiner looked bad out there.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
All of you who thought it was good,this is obviously your 1st TNA PPV in a while,compared to all the recent PPVs this sucked,evelation x was worthless last rites was not even half as good as the prison match angle stiner was ok but scott ruiened another match,joe christian and lynn sabin were intense i just cant wait for lockdown

bigtnafan25

Reaction score
yeah this ppv was actually preety good.the last rites i agree with you badass was the best.elevation x for the people that said it wasnt gonna be exciting thats right back at ya cause it was awesome.christian and joe was a match of the year candidate.the whole night wasa great night and definetely did bring it in all of the matches.lockdown is next.i wanna order the replay of this ppv since it was that damn awesome.

Ox Baker

Reaction score
Good ppv......

Not as good as some i've seen the past year or two from tna but the main event was close to 4 stars for me, a clean win and that would be one of the best matches i've seen in a whily. Sabin/Lynn was great, chris daniels coming in as a heel is great, styles will take a break after this ppv obviously but took a good bump, that was a pretty good fall and though the match was slow paced up top, it was still bettter than what i expected. Starr and Senshi woulda been amazing without the crossface chix wing, austin starr is a great heal and an equally as good wrestler, he and senshi had a great match. Steiner doesn't have the footwork to wrestle anymore and it's a shame cause he can cut a great promo. Match was decent, that was a real head butt that split them open, too. Worst matches were the 3d and VKM matches, i wouldn't mind not seeing either again, honestly. The heartbreakers might be the heel tag team tnaneeds, too. I'll have to say the best of the night were christians promos, who can wrestle and cut apromo as good as christian does. The worst was more missed spots from the camera crew, like the shot from the apron they only flash for a second or two when angle had steiner in the ankle lock, great shot but tna was late on it and should work more on their production, i'm pretty sure the producer is the same guy who came up with the rock/mankind this is your life thingy years back. Overall, i'd give the ppv a 7.5, if we'd had lax vs the heartbreakers i'd give another full point, 3d and vkm really brought this show down imo. Superb "WRESTLING" on this ppv, i think i'll watch it again today since i'm off work and post some of the high lights, i do remember several reversals into olympic slams by steiner and angle that impressed me, that match was REALLY intense for about8 minutes and then steiner couldn't keep up anylonger, really a shame for a guy who has so much going for him as far as looks go, there's about 4-5 steiners on wwe's roster, so i won't lambaste tna for putting him on.

19Q29CAH84L9WCAJXK84TCAALO3B3CANOB0.jpg

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I am very glad I didn't order this ppv. It sounds outright terrible.

I'm very disappointed.

xtremebadass

They really didn't need to throw Petey, Dutt, Senshi, and stupid ass Jay Lethal in there is Cage was just going to win

lord batair

Reaction score
Look like I'm late ^^' I've just finished watched the show

3d VS LAX : good beginning, good wrestling in the crowd too, but here come the lation nation -_- (erf russo pleaz' maybe one day we will have a match without interference), poor jonny rodz, that was so stupid watching the old man kicking the whole latino nation even if he barely can stand right. But the Shelley interference was good for his future in TNA I think but not very good for the show. A nice match especially the "angel dive" by homicide (or hernandez not sure ^^') Crazy move with the arms wild open ^^

Senshi VS Austin : ergh I hate Austin really his character sucks. Not a really great match.

VKM VS The Heartbreakers : you can say all you want about russo, turning cristi hemmi in a histerical heel was a great idea and it work nice for me (I'm not macho don't get me wrong, I don't like Kip james more). The match was boring and the gay oily team was not very impressive. Wait and see if thay come backs.

Sabin VS Lynn : ergh it was nice but too slow for me. The interference of Daniel spice it up the match. (do you noticed that during the match something happen in the audience, even Sabin was looking at it. Do you know what's happened ?) Anyway Daniels with the bear look veeeeery evil, I think it's good for him that he quite his "mystical mixed of symbol without sense" gimmick (good he change his entrance music too, i can't stand it)

Elevation X : I don't know about this one. Yeah it was impressive but in a way i don't want wrestler risquing there life's for a show. And AJ and Rihno was so uncomfortable moving up there. It's give a slow match but full of tension and the gore at the top ?! WOW he actually did it, in a short version of a gore, but still nice !

Angle VS Steiner : Not good match.Steiner sucks. That's all for me ^.^

Last Rythe Match : hum yeah it was a nice but match but hey...it's just a fake casquet match with Sting playing the Taker ... But it was a really good show (i was afraid at the begining that Mitchell was hiden in the casquet). The breaking of the tombstones look kind of realistic and well done. And Sting trought the casquet a nice moment too. I really wonder what will happen for Abyss in the future.

Christian VS Joe : Haaaa the main event. Funny thing that they don't try to excuse the Tomko in japan thing. And it was A HELL OF A MATCH ! Joe really gives everythings. Christian resisted well and did a really good job too. I wasn't expecting that much of this match but really great great match. And it's good that christian keep the title (maybe russo come here to read one or two thread ^^)

So it was a much better PPV that Against all odds.

xtremebadass

^^^how could you hate Austin Starr?!?!? What did you like Austin Aries better? lol

I think the Elevation X should have had a more memorable ending, Rhino stepped on AJ's fingers, where's the memory of that?

lord batair

Reaction score
I think the real thing to remember is the gore at the top. But of course they can't just let Aj flying with a gore from the top to the floor. So here come the step on the fingers.
Ho and I don't get your joke about austin lol sorry maybe my lack of vocabulary or my lack of wrestling knowledge ^^'

Reaction score
Elevation X was all around good PPV except the Steiner/Angle wasnt good for me either. It was just boring.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Overall i thought the ppv was decent enough,not the best one TNA have done mind,Elevation X was a bit slow up top,but this is understandable due to the lack of footing space the guys had,altough AJ took a decent bump,I think had it been through a table laying underneath the scaffold would have been more memrobale,Angle/Stenier was good upto a point then it looked like the ending got botched,this one was bit sloppy for me,as much as Kip Jones gets on my nerves I do agree with him that Cristy Hemme should just p*** off(mind you she is hot),so i take it that from the result of the last rites match Abyss will be reborn??? does this mean we will see him as Chris and minius the mask???

I am glad TNA whent with the Christian win,Joe did great in the match however and there where lots of close moments where I did think Joe would grab the win,but Overall getting back to what I said previously,it makes more sense have Joe defete Angle for the title..

Roll on Lockdown!

xtremebadass

so i have no idea how they are going to play off the NWA title TNA title situation, thought something would have went down on Sunday, but didn't, is that still happening?

Axis

Cage vs Joe was absolutely phenominal. Great psychology on both sides, and they had me convinced that Joe would win several times. There was one botch, but Joe covered it up so perfectly that I'm not even so sure it was a botch. That was easily MOTN for me, and possibly MOTY so far. It blew all three Angle/Joe's out of the water, and it was refreshing to see a match based soley around the title. That single match boosted Joe's credibility, Cage's credibility, and the belt's prestige.

The rest of the card I wasn't too keen on. The Last Rites match was pretty bad, and the crowd knew it, chanting "boring" and "fire Russo". That one had me laughing. I also would have liked to see Abyss win.

Sabin/Lynn was pretty good, and better than their last encounters. Both of these guys are great, but I just don't think they have much chemistry together. Does anybody know what was going on during the match on the crowd? It looked like a fight in around the 4th row.

LAX vs Team 3D....HA! I can't stand Team 3D. I never have been able to. The thing about LAX is that they're wrestlers. They're not made to be in all sorts of gimmick matches. Put them opposite a team in a simple 2 on 2 match, and you could have a MOTN. And the Latino Nation? wtf?

AJ vs Rhino wasn't really a good match, perse, but it had my adrenaline pumping. It was fun, and I guess that's all that matters.

Senshi vs Starr was very good, I thought. It was a bit short, but the two got a lot in. The psychology was again awesome on both parts, with each softening up the other for the chicken wing.

Angle vs Stenier disappointed me. Angle's going to have to step up his game if he wants to live up to his hype.

Heartbreakers? Mmmm, not sure. I don't mind them, as they ARE good wrestlers, but that's a blatant ripoff of the WWE. Not a spoof, just taking what the WWE has already established.

Nothing else really stood out to me, or else I don't remember it. Overall, it was a one-match PPV, but I get it for free, so I won't complain. Would I pay 30 bucks to see that one match? Probably not, but it was damn good.